K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MGV is a terrible option if you ever plan to take the top or doors off. Even white MGV boat seats burn in a little bit of Sun.
Not true, it's the best option for top and doors off as if you get caught in the rain it won't absorb into your seat. My MGV seats make me sweat the same as the softex 4runner seats. About the same as leather in my edge too. Don't have the mid package though as I'm a basic person

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MGV is a terrible option if you ever plan to take the top or doors off. Even white MGV boat seats burn in a little bit of Sun.
I'm gonna be topless a lot when weather permits. You're gonna want a summer seat cover option. The neoprene seat covers seem a good choice maybe....

EDIT: Reading comments here, the neoprene isn't the way to go. I'm now looking at some microfiber covers, and will have all winter to figure out a plan before warm weather becomes an issue.

Last edited:

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not true, it's the best option for top and doors off as if you get caught in the rain it won't absorb into your seat. My MGV seats make me sweat the same as the softex 4runner seats. About the same as leather in my edge too. Don't have the mid package though as I'm a basic person

If they don't absorb then you're gonna have a wet back, and butt similar to leather or vinyl. A Summer seat cover option is already in my plans.

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If they don't absorb then you're gonna have a wet back, and butt similar to leather or vinyl. A Summer seat cover option is already in my plans.
I have a cheapo seat cover from Amazon on my bronco this summer. Helped a lot when going topless and the sun not beating down on it

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My wife has leather in her Jeep. Leave the roof back on sunny day and the 3rd degree burns to your legs will make you never do that again. That fact along with spending my youth on boats with vinyl seats made me pass on the MGV interior. I’m sure I has its perks, but it’s not for me.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is why I went with leather on my Badlands.
Ive been the vinyl route.
MGV is a fancy name for vinyl.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a cheapo seat cover from Amazon on my bronco this summer. Helped a lot when going topless and the sun not beating down on it

Yeah I've experimented with different warm weather, seat covers for my 65 Mustang over the years. Anal bead cover, not comfortable in my opinion, the wire frame with some kind of weird jute like filler ( they sucked), and some Terry cloth mock ups I've made. Those seem to be OK as long as it's not a really hot day.

I want to learn some more about the neoprene covers. They look pretty good, aren't to break the bank expensive, and if they get wet, well they're neoprene.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have lived with the MGV since July of 21. I love them and find them similar to any of the other leather seats I have had. They do get hot in the sun and my wife doesn’t find them as breathable as her leather, bit only on the hottest stickiest days. Most “leather” is a mix of vinyl and leather as well. I personally prefer the ease of clean up over cloth (which would be my second choice). I would say, if you run hot, already have a sensitivity to sticking to seats or sweating, go cloth. If you plan to run topless and get dirty, MGV is a pretty nice option.

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's the main thing that makes me want to swap to a wildtrak w/cloth... if I could ever actually order the thing.

I'm going mountain biking a lot, and am soaked in sweat afterwards. The MGV is both a curse and a blessing at that time. It doesn't absorb the sweat, but it also traps the sweat and after a 15 minute drive home, it's ALL still there when I get home.

Neoprene doesn't help, it's water proof so also designed to not breath and retains heat more than the mgv in my opinion.

The wood beads do help, but the beads can fall apart over time leaving wood chips everywhere, and they leave indentations in the seat and you. I haven't had any on for very long times so I don't know if like over a year the indentations would be permanent damage or not. Or the cheap plastic string they use to hold the beads will break then you have entire sections of beads falling off.

None of my leather seats have been like this. Even the ones without cooling. I really wish I had the cloth/seude/leather trimmed whatever they were that my Ford Edge Sport had.

And even if the vinyl is waterproof.. there is still stitching that water can get in via, and the lower portion of the seat on some of the sides is like automotive carpet. So they're not completely water proof.

I'm not gonna spend $3000+ on katzkins with cooling option...

If I can ever order another one, I'll switch to wildtrak and take the oportunity to move to 2.7/auto/lux at the same time ::)

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Which is why you can get seat covers for 25 bucks. Pull them off when you return.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I crank the heated seats for my back. On lvl3 they burn

burntomaro

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love the look of leather (esp the roast) but living in Texas, I opted with cloth in my new Ram and I prefer it over my wife’s leather in her new explorer. Not sure what the cloth seats are like in the broncos but my Ram seats are as comfortable as any vehicle seat I’ve sat in. At this point Im leaning cloth bc I prefer my skin attached to my body and not my vehicle.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I've experimented with different warm weather, seat covers for my 65 Mustang over the years. Anal bead cover, not comfortable in my opinion, the wire frame with some kind of weird jute like filler ( they sucked), and some Terry cloth mock ups I've made. Those seem to be OK as long as it's not a really hot day.

I want to learn some more about the neoprene covers. They look pretty good, aren't to break the bank expensive, and if they get wet, well they're neoprene.
Yes I kind of wish I tried neoprene but mine are like a cotton mix type of cover. Hasn't been overly hot this summer though, usually 80's and beautiful which it did well with but I can see it getting hot if it was 90's or above, or super humid out
Sponsored