Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know (or heard) how heated seats work regarding washout? Is it a closed system that can get wet?

For example if you order a BD Mid with Heated seats, MGV, and plugs can the seats still get wet if they are heated?
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know (or heard) how heated seats work regarding washout? Is it a closed system that can get wet?

For example if you order a BD Mid with Heated seats, MGV, and plugs can the seats still get wet if they are heated?
Yes is the assumption.

Ford removes the washout interior if you get power seats, and does not include the headliner automatically with MGV because it's not water resistant... I would think that if there was an issue with the heated seats, Ford would have omitted them as well,

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Theoretically the MGV material should not let water penetrate through it so the heating wires should not get wet. The power seat motor would be exposed underneath the seat so they don't want the chance of it getting wet when washing out the floors.

Bronco Cash

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Theoretically the MGV material should not let water penetrate through it so the heating wires should not get wet. The power seat motor would be exposed underneath the seat so they don't want the chance of it getting wet when washing out the floors.
Sorry this has probably been answered elsewhere but... the heated seats are available with MGV? My dealer had said that was not the case and that was part of the reason I went with leather. I like to have the heated seats on with roof off, windows down in spring and fall. Still time to change my order

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry this has probably been answered elsewhere but... the heated seats are available with MGV? My dealer had said that was not the case and that was part of the reason I went with leather. I like to have the heated seats on with roof off, windows down in spring and fall. Still time to change my order
Yes, it is available with MGV. You just have to have the Mid Package.

Sponsored
OP
OP
F OR D

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, in BD and BL you can go MID - LUX Package with MGV, washout, and heated seats.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They're included with Mid Package, so everything I've seen with Mid Package is heated seats included.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
can the seats still get wet if they are heated?
The heating pads are made of silicon and fiber, and the connectors will be attached to the seat frame (held off of the floor). The interior is a wash-out interior not a fully submerged interior. The components will not be damaged by getting wet.

I've had aftermarket seat heaters in a non-water resistance seat (Mastercraft suspension seats) for years without issue. My interior is bedlined, my top stays off all summer, and I wash the vehicle with a hose pipe.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your dealer was probably confusing heated seats with power seats.

Heated seats are available with the Mid package and above, even if you have MGV.

Power seats are not available with MGV. If you want power, you have to switch to leather, which also loses the rubberized interior in exchange for carpet.

Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think some people are taking the term "washout" a little too literally. If you plan to just take a hose inside your Bronco and blast the whole thing like you're cleaning off lawn furniture, I think you'll be disappointed with the results.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think some people are taking the term "washout" a little too literally. If you plan to just take a hose inside your Bronco and blast the whole thing like you're cleaning off lawn furniture, I think you'll be disappointed with the results.
Nope that is exactly what the term means, and we do it that way. It may blow your mind that I have vinyl floors in my platinum super duty, I hose it out too, just don't splash the dash.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think what you meant to say is that if you plan on blasting the whole thing with water be sure to post the video. :p

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is a BL with MGV mid and high package on my order sheet.

Ford Bronco MGV, Heated Seats and Washout 1617033390144

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, you can get heated seats with the MGV interior. I have them on my BL. Let me say that on high they will toast your buns🔥
Sponsored