stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are there good care products for the MGV seats to keep them from drying or cracking?
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s the plan. I have to go in for the wiper fluid pump, driveshaft boot, child safety locksā€¦fun part is hiding all the mods first šŸ˜
Child safety locks. Tell me more. People have an issue getting out of my back doors.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To be honest, Iā€™ve been a huge fan the past 16 monthsā€¦but, this pisses me off.

CE39A35C-D7EC-4797-8FCE-60569F34ABF9.jpeg
Dang, that looks like every '70s vinyl seat I have ever seen...only those usually had a lot more years on them. I remember when cloth was an upgrade from vinyl. I hope Ford didn't take everyone for a ride with these things...no pun intended.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the MGV.
Do they get hot in summer? I guess, about the same as leather. Not bad at all.
Comfortable and easy to clean.

BadlandsCable

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have them? Likes or dislikes? I had Active X seats in my Maverick. Fancy name for vinyl. I liked them. Little warm when first getting in.
Love them. Live in the Phoenix area and no complaints summer or winter. Seat heaters feel like you are sitting directly over a fire.

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love them. Live in the Phoenix area and no complaints summer or winter. Seat heaters feel like you are sitting directly over a fire.
Now that I have the Bronco I am loving them too.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Child safety locks. Tell me more. People have an issue getting out of my back doors.
There's a recall for some child safety locks

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I actually donā€™t have an issue, but there is a recall I want to get cleared and it needs to be inspected to do so.

You've used it on your truck? Any odor or residue? Can it be used on the rest of the interior too?
Yes, Iā€™ve used it - but, honestly the MGV stays so clean on its own - I use it most after a long weekend at the beach to get the salt off.

Everyone complained about the dash material - but, I find it super easy to keep clean with a microfiber I leave under the seat.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dang, that looks like every '70s vinyl seat I have ever seen...only those usually had a lot more years on them. I remember when cloth was an upgrade from vinyl. I hope Ford didn't take everyone for a ride with these things...no pun intended.
Yeah, Iā€™m still a fan of the material overall. But, after 16 months it shouldnā€™t be doing that.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, I got some good news, theyā€™re replacing the seat cushion cover under warranty. Part arrival TBD.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
To be honest, Iā€™ve been a huge fan the past 16 monthsā€¦but, this pisses me off.

CE39A35C-D7EC-4797-8FCE-60569F34ABF9.jpeg
I would be very pissed off also. The MGV on my boat seats has no cracks or separations. Boat is a 2010, is out doors year round. In the sun on the lake a lot as I live on the lake.

I chose MGV for my Raptor for several reasons. First being the leather in my 2017 F-150 platinum was the crappiest quality leather of any vehicle I have owned. It had many wear spots, looked worse with 70K miles on the truck than the leather in my Wife's Range Rover with over 200K miles on it. The MGV in my boat has a fantastic feel and looks great after 12 years. Was hoping Ford would use the same quality.

I do like the MGV in my Raptor. I have no issues with it, however it does not feel as nice as the MGV in my boat.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be very pissed off also. The MGV on my boat seats has no cracks or separations. Boat is a 2010, is out doors year round. In the sun on the lake a lot as I live on the lake.

I chose MGV for my Raptor for several reasons. First being the leather in my 2017 F-150 platinum was the crappiest quality leather of any vehicle I have owned. It had many wear spots, looked worse with 70K miles on the truck than the leather in my Wife's Range Rover with over 200K miles on it. The MGV in my boat has a fantastic feel and looks great after 12 years. Was hoping Ford would use the same quality.

I do like the MGV in my Raptor. I have no issues with it, however it does not feel as nice as the MGV in my boat.
Iā€™d take it in for repair under warranty. No way it should be split or cracked after 16 months.
Sponsored