First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most Mercedes interior is a proprietary vinyl (faux leather) called MB Tex, and has been in use since the mid-1960's. You can upgrade to full leather on Mercedes, but the MB Tex is typically standard, especially on its lower models.

from: https://cartelligent.com/blog/does-your-mercedes-benz-have-leather-seats-the-surprising-truth/

I hate the MB Tex in the wifes Mercedes . It flakes and delaminates after a few years . I saw and touched the MGV in Tennessee and decided right there I was not getting the leather option . I have never seen any material like it until I saw it in the Bronco .

Edit : The leather in my 2007 King Ranch is still in great condition but I would choose the MGV over it . Hopefully it will last just as long but just from the initial feel and look I think it will be the better choice .
Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw and touched the MGV in Tennessee and decided right there I was not getting the leather option . I have never seen any material like it until I saw it in the Bronco .
Another poster to confirm what everyone says about it. That cements my decision on getting MGV.

Reactions: thd

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the replies to my original question, but does anyone know if all MGV is basically the same, or is it like leather?
All things come in different grades.

The seats in my old man's Ranger bass boat have a VERY nice feel to them and are VERY durable.
The rear bench which also doubles as a step was recovered after 20 years of being stepped on.
Honestly, I couldn't see any defects, but Dad "knew" they were there.

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have owned a lot of boats over the years. I suppose all had “marine grade” vinyl, right?

That said, I can’t tell how much boat interiors have changed in just the last five years. Thus, it seems clear to me there are many different “grades” of “marine grade” vinyl.

Here are the seats in one of my more recent boats...

Ford Bronco MGV used for Bronco vs generic MGV 7A7950D8-B8D2-4C72-931F-C02F3DC8C72C
Sponsored