Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone successfully submitted a warranty claim for the MICs that have MIS-matched panels? As a dirt mountain detainee I was very happy to finally take delivery of my Bronco. The top has been solid, very little road noise, no leaks, etc. Since seeing that @Ford Motor Company is apparently pumping out new MICs at a good clip, is it time to submit a claim on the MIS-matched colors?

CC44F537-4934-4E10-B92E-804F9893AEEB.jpeg
Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wouldn’t accept that at all. Speak to the dealer.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a warranty claim open for a damaged MIC panel from beginning of October and still no word

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did - dealer has ordered me a new panel. Who knows when it will show up though. Thankfully no leaks just ugly color.

Edit: Added mine. It also has some honeycombing on the middle panel.

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 (1.5) Warranty Claims for MIS-matched Colors 1643290057374

Last edited:

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I need to do the same. One of my panels is lighter in color. I mentioned it to the service department and all they did was note it because I needed to get to work that morning. Mine is not as obvious as yours though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did - dealer has ordered me a new panel. Who knows when it will show up though. Thankfully no leaks just ugly color.

1643290057374.png
Yes your looks very similar to mine. Are you sure it’s the middle panel (lighter) that is still MIC 1.0. I honestly don’t know. I prefer the slightly darker color so I hope you are right. I did drop by dealer finally and they agreed it was unacceptable and will be working on a solution.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes your looks very similar to mine. Are you sure it’s the middle panel (lighter) that is still MIC 1.0. I honestly don’t know. I prefer the slightly darker color so I hope you are right. I did drop by dealer finally and they agreed it was unacceptable and will be working on a solution.
It's the only panel showing honeycomb, so I assume? IDK I'll keep having them order me new middle sections or entire roofs until it matches.

But I agree the darker color is much preferred.

Benzo520

Wildtrak
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey my MIC 2.0 is the same way! 2nd row panel is lighter than the others AND its showing the inner material. My MIC 1.0 was absolutely perfect and I'm sad that the 2.0 I received is just plain bad...

Edit: here’s a photo of how it looks

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 (1.5) Warranty Claims for MIS-matched Colors 0A4CD56B-7E0C-400C-B728-1CE0AB3460DE

OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey my MIC 2.0 is the same way! 2nd row panel is lighter than the others AND its showing the inner material. My MIC 1.0 was absolutely perfect and I'm sad that the 2.0 I received is just plain bad...

Edit: here’s a photo of how it looks

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 (1.5) Warranty Claims for MIS-matched Colors 0A4CD56B-7E0C-400C-B728-1CE0AB3460DE
So wait, you’re saying the lighter/honeycombing panel is the 2.0 panel?

Benzo520

Wildtrak
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

Wraithracing

Outer Banks
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the same issue that my middle panel is lighter than the front and the back. I am also starting to see some honey comb/snakeskin showing through the middle panel. Not as bad as the picture above, but still annoying for a $50K+ vehicle and after waiting and additional 2.5 months to take delivery.

OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly what I'm saying :(
Ok I guess it doesn’t matter which is which if ford will make it right. I had already known this was an big issue on the forum but my post was hoping to find someone that had gotten it resolved. Still yet to hear someone has.

Benzo520

Wildtrak
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok I guess it doesn’t matter which is which if ford will make it right. I had already known this was an big issue on the forum but my post was hoping to find someone that had gotten it resolved. Still yet to hear someone has.
I did bring it to the dealerships attention, they have to take more photos and they say it will be taken care of under warranty. So now I wait...

OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's the only panel showing honeycomb, so I assume? IDK I'll keep having them order me new middle sections or entire roofs until it matches.

But I agree the darker color is much preferred.
See @Benzo520 post where he says the middle lighter panel is actually the 2.0 replacement panel and the 1.0 roof he had before was better than the replacement. How messed up.

OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

See @Benzo520 below that says the middle lighter panel is the 2.0 panel. If that is true this could be a never ending loop unless the entire roof is replaced. At least the MIS-matched colors. If the 2.0 does have the honeycombing issues we are all in trouble.
Sponsored