Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha. Well. Im not some wussy millennial. I will tell anyone to their face that the MIC 2.0, at least the one in this thread, has sections that look like shit. Sorry. True. For anyone thats waited...you dont care and just want your damn bronco and I dont blame any of you. But after saying the MIC 2.0 looks crappy in person, I will drive off into the sunset in my BL with my soft top up or down, because it works, and it doesn't look like it was custom fab'd, a second time, by the marx brothers. For record, I do plan on buying the hard top some day lol so I have both. But will I use it...prob not.
Maybe not a millennial, but a bit full of yourself for sure! lol

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Threads like this remind me of instant replay in football...it's just tediously obnoxious.

"Experts" here zoom in, distill the smallest possible hair splitting detail from a single, sun glaring, bad angle photo, into the largest "sky is falling", this top is shit over dramatic response.

It is pretty comical.

tehjukebox

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought Mic 1.0 looked fine to me. As long as it keeps the inside dry and doesn’t rattle, who cares? But I must have low standards.
same, but i've always only had shitboxes so i know my standards are low

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve come to the conclusion that Ford/Webasto had the correct MIC process down the whole time.

They purposely staged this debacle just to get us to stop talking about the color descreptancies between the fender flares, bumpers and the MIC tops!
Yeah....still do not understand why they chose to go with a gray top but black plastics everywhere else (except for the two trims that get a gray plastic grille which I also am not a fan of). Not really discrepancies just weird artsy fartsy decisions.

Sponsored

redflipppper`

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX 3.0 HOSS, 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 (?) Hardtop Closeup Pics on 2021 Bronco 1632771946249

Tops still do not look clean like other OEM hard tops. Rush order to fix guess i will get mine when MIC top 5.0 rolls out or aftermarket.

redflipppper`

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX 3.0 HOSS, 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Buy a new $60K vehicle and your not looking for scratched paint or ripped seats. Yeah kind of want the built ford tough, proud/pride in your work. Overall this sets up, outsourced or not as a overall issue for Jim Farley and Ford.

Close enough for government work or horseshoes or hand grenades does not fly here. Is it too hard to have good finished work? or just rough in. Ever look at the tolerances and the gaps in other vehicles?

#JIMFARLEY#FORD#BRONCO

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy a new $60K vehicle and your not looking for scratched paint or ripped seats. Yeah kind of want the built ford tough, proud/pride in your work. Overall this sets up, outsourced or not as a overall issue for Jim Farley and Ford.

Close enough for government work or horseshoes or hand grenades does not fly here. Is it too hard to have good finished work? or just rough in. Ever look at the tolerances and the gaps in other vehicles?

#JIMFARLEY#FORD#BRONCO
Amen to that. This is sloppy, second-rate work. With still-exposed edges and honeycombing, it looks like shit, and you still have that "minor" problem of frost wedging at the exposed edge.
I understand the "good enough" crowd (especially those who have waited years for the Bronco to come back), but we get torrential downpours and blizzards here on a regular basis. It's only a matter of time before that layer starts peeling....and likely on Day 1 of warranty expiration.

I don't expect a luxury vehicle for $60K, but I do expect a finished product!

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Amen to that. This is sloppy, second-rate work. With still-exposed edges and honeycombing, it looks like shit, and you still have that "minor" problem of frost wedging at the exposed edge.
I understand the "good enough" crowd (especially those who have waited years for the Bronco to come back), but we get torrential downpours and blizzards here on a regular basis. It's only a matter of time before that layer starts peeling....and likely on Day 1 of warranty expiration.

I don't expect a luxury vehicle for $60K, but I do expect a finished product!
You are asking people to get up in arms about a part on a vehicle most don't even have, and many won't get for a year. Why would I get upset about the potential quality if a part on a vehicle I don't even own yet? When I get the vehicle, if there are issues, I will address it. I can't spend time being mad about something that hasn't even occurred yet. That is a pretty silly exercise for me and anybody else, TBH.

It's seems folks are just looking for reasons to be mad, even if it doesn't directly impact them.

Edit: I have looked at the OPs photos numerous times, and everytime I think they look great. I am looking for the poor quality stuff everybody is yelling about, and I just don't see it. Maybe I don't have an eye for it, but I am also not seeking out trouble.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't expect much to change in under 2 months with the MIC top. There are some concerns. I'm leaning heavily towards soft top and waiting for the aftermarket to catch up. That way I can get the top in the color I want (black). I do not want to roll the dice on the MOD top that Ford pushed down the road to MY23 either. At this point, that seems 50/50 odds at best.

Gimme the soft top and prep kit now and in 2 years I'll buy the aftermarket version of the MIC top (black). Problem solved.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I didn't expect much to change in under 2 months with the MIC top. There are some concerns. I'm leaning heavily towards soft top and waiting for the aftermarket to catch up. That way I can get the top in the color I want (black). I do not want to roll the dice on the MOD top that Ford pushed down the road to MY23 either. At this point, that seems 50/50 odds at best.

Gimme the soft top and prep kit now and in 2 years I'll buy the aftermarket version of the MIC top (black). Problem solved.
I'll take any version of the MIC top. Sorry, I really just don't get what the issue is. A bunch of whiners have delayed production of 60,000 Broncos.

Let's just get on with it.

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tooling needs a little more cleanup