Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What color paint is that? Race red, Rapid, Pepper? They all are starting to blend together.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll be the party pooper. You can still see cut edges in the second photo, as it looks like they only rolled the edge 45 degrees. Honeycomb galore in the first photo. And the warped section? This is a "good enough" solution to get tops out the door, but half assed in my opinion for a $60K vehicle.
Huh. Didn’t notice the honeycomb. Thanks for pointing it out!

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
for a $60K vehicle
A hard top Bronco can be had for 30kish. Vehicles are typically classified by their base price, not their max price.

But as someone who owns a $63k Bronco, I do think the top (both v1 and 2) are subpar compared to the quality of my old JLU’s hardtop. The rest of the vehicle is another story.

BDSteelies

Black Diamond
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Velocity Blue BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While still maybe not perfect definitely a big visual improvement, and hopefully improved durability. Still leagues better than a saggy 4dr soft top IMO ;)

Sponsored

LadyBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roller skates 🛼
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t know? I want to be positive, but I still see unsealed “cut” areas that have me concerned. Along with the still visible honeycombing...Are you sure it’s the new MIC 2.0 top? 🤔
Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 (?) Hardtop Closeup Pics on 2021 Bronco 00174A44-BD7E-45A7-97A0-B863AAAA5C67

4C36D316-3A95-4818-8674-3AFC58B10E59.jpeg

Last edited:

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good enough for me. I’ll be upgrading to a different top solution down the road anyways. The edges look much better.
Same for me. I’ll take this MIC 2.0 for now and wait for Bestop to make a similar Trektop Ultra like the JLs that folds all the way back! I wish they would have released the Ultra upfront instead of just the Trektop.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same for me. I’ll take this MIC 2.0 for now and wait for Bestop to make a similar Trektop Ultra like the JLs that folds all the way back! I wish they would have released the Ultra upfront instead of just the Trektop.
Yeah.. On top of switching down the road anyways, I live in Phoenix. It rarely rains and is never cold. I just need a top to keep the sun off me, the dust out, and stop enough of the occasional rainstorm that I can call it a win. The guys in very cold climates may still want to keep an eye on the edges, but I think these look MUCH better than before. No exposed cardboard.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Two dealer mannequins on the left next to the first edition that just rolled in today. Hard top looked pretty decent. There was a bit of excess flashing around one of the edges but it came right off when I rubbed it gently with my nail. Biggest thing that stood out to me was on the driver side rear panel, right after the back door, looked a little warped but wasn’t too bad (third picture). Now I just need to wait until November for my Wildtrak, but after seeing my first Sasquatch in person I’m now 10x as antsy as I was before. For those who haven’t see the Sasquatch in person yet, just wait, it’s awesome!

*pictures taken with iPhone 13, unfortunately I didnt have an actual camera to take these pictures with.

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 (?) Hardtop Closeup Pics on 2021 Bronco 4C36D316-3A95-4818-8674-3AFC58B10E59
Makes floppy on the left look pretty sad.
Sponsored