Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry. But the New MIC 2.0 top looks crappy. Just get the soft top guys. Whats more important, hard surface top or your BRONCO?? Soft kicks ass. Get hard top later. Soft is great, Especially in person. Not flimsy, good in winter and if any spots are a little flims you won't notice and you def wont notice inside the bronco. Not 1 person has mentioned my soft top in a bad way in person. Soft top is def better than MIC Dundee Part 1 & 2😂

Ford should at least just ship all of your dirthill broncos, without tops.
Sponsored

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just get the soft top guys. Whats more important, hard surface top or your BRONCO?? Soft kicks ass.

I'll just get the rest of us 2-door folks and we'll ask for that, oh wait, we've been wanting that option for months.

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll just get the rest of us 2-door folks and we'll ask for that, oh wait, we've been wanting that option for months.
That is crazy. Some folks Ive seen order Q2 2021 or switch to soft and 2-3 months max for delivery.

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry. But the New MIC 2.0 top looks crappy. Just get the soft top guys. Whats more important, hard surface top or your BRONCO?? Soft kicks ass. Get hard top later. Soft is great, Especially in person. Not flimsy, good in winter and if any spots are a little flims you won't notice and you def wont notice inside the bronco. Not 1 person has mentioned my soft top in a bad way in person. Soft top is def better than MIC Dundee Part 1 & 2😂

Soft top....
With wavy windows looks like shit. No thanks.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve come to the conclusion that Ford/Webasto had the correct MIC process down the whole time.

They purposely staged this debacle just to get us to stop talking about the color descreptancies between the fender flares, bumpers and the MIC tops!
I love a good conspiracy theory!

Sponsored

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Good in winter", hummmm not sure a soft top will be any good in -25c like we have here in winter...

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Soft is great, especially in person": I would happily take either of the MIC tops over the saggy diaper that is the 4 door soft top. First thing people mention when I pull up with my new BL 4 door when I got it yesterday was how cheap the top looked, other than that the material itself looked nice.

"good in winter": How could it be? it has gaps so big I can already tell where the snow is going to pile up.

If anyone wants to trade my 4 door soft-top for your 4 door MIC (either v1 or 2, lol), let me know.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If that's really a 2.0 top, I'll just keep my 1.0 top and Ford can cut me a rebate check. I don't see much difference.
That’s cute. I guarantee ford won’t give you money to keep your 1.0 😂

people tend to keep negative thoughts and opinions to them self when face to face. If I really wanted a soft top, I would wait for a mic top and buy an aftermarket soft top later.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
people tend to keep negative thoughts and opinions to them self when face to face. If I really wanted a soft top, I would wait for a mic top and buy an aftermarket soft top later.
I guess I didn't lay the sarcasm on think enough, I know Ford would sooner send me to space camp than offer a cash buyout for the top. But one point is actually true - I'm fine with the 1.0 top I have. Maybe I was lucky to get a good one (and lucky to have a Bronco at all this year). I would bet it fairs similarly to the 2.0 top in moderate / dry climates like where I live.

Sponsored

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Haha. Well. Im not some wussy millennial. I will tell anyone to their face that the MIC 2.0, at least the one in this thread, has sections that look like shit. Sorry. True. For anyone thats waited...you dont care and just want your damn bronco and I dont blame any of you. But after saying the MIC 2.0 looks crappy in person, I will drive off into the sunset in my BL with my soft top up or down, because it works, and it doesn't look like it was custom fab'd, a second time, by the marx brothers. For record, I do plan on buying the hard top some day lol so I have both. But will I use it...prob not.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll take it. I think it looks good. Ford, please send me my Bronco.

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
"Soft is great, especially in person": I would happily take either of the MIC tops over the saggy diaper that is the 4 door soft top. First thing people mention when I pull up with my new BL 4 door when I got it yesterday was how cheap the top looked, other than that the material itself looked nice.

"good in winter": How could it be? it has gaps so big I can already tell where the snow is going to pile up.

If anyone wants to trade my 4 door soft-top for your 4 door MIC (either v1 or 2, lol), let me know.
Haha. Both tops have their pros and cons. Ill give you that..

I had a 1991 jeep with soft top that sat uncovered outside 24/7 365 for 15 years at 8200ft elevation many miles from any paved road high in the Colorado rocky mountains. The soft top kicked ass and the cabin of the Jeep was always hot from the heater despite having gaps and no hard top. Maybe if you are a puss city boy its no good but otherwise soft top is great in winter and the one in bronco way better than the one I had in my old jeep. The soft top doesn't look cheap. It can be saggy at times (its a soft top..) only on the back side windows. Maybe you just need to tighten em a little But since the rear hatch angles up those back 2 soft windows will have a mild sag OR you simply didnt close the rear hatch all the way which will make it sag much worse on side rear windows.

Soft top doesn't bother me or dozens of folks that have seen it at all. In fact, no one has said anything bad about soft top. Oh and we can keep our soft tops and with us on the trail even when open, MIC can't do that. Nice bonus.

Regardless, sounds like "people" are jealous asshats trying to make you feel bad for having something they wish they did have so they gave you shit. Stupid.

I honestly dont care what top anyone has. Just saying MIC 1 & 2 could be much better.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Haha. Well. Im not some wussy millennial. I will tell anyone to their face that the MIC 2.0, at least the one in this thread, has sections that look like shit. Sorry. True. For anyone thats waited...you dont care and just want your damn bronco and I dont blame any of you. But after saying the MIC 2.0 looks crappy in person, I will drive off into the sunset in my BL with my soft top up or down, because it works, and it doesn't look like it was custom fab'd, a second time, by the marx brothers. For record, I do plan on buying the hard top some day lol so I have both. But will I use it...prob not.
Both considered cosmetic. One you see up close, one you see from a mile away. Pick your poison!