Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Amen to that. This is sloppy, second-rate work. With still-exposed edges and honeycombing, it looks like shit, and you still have that "minor" problem of frost wedging at the exposed edge.
I understand the "good enough" crowd (especially those who have waited years for the Bronco to come back), but we get torrential downpours and blizzards here on a regular basis. It's only a matter of time before that layer starts peeling....and likely on Day 1 of warranty expiration.

I don't expect a luxury vehicle for $60K, but I do expect a finished product!
How do you know any of your concerns are true? Do you have engineering data that indicates all the tops will delaminate?
Sponsored

vicdet

Outer Banks
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport & Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iphone 13 huh?! cool guy. Jk haha thanks for the content.

Is it just me or is Rapid Red now everywhere after finding out we cant have it anymore? lol
I got my 4 doors (full size) ordered in rapid Red too, lol and my significant other has a Bronco Sport in rapid red and looks freaking awesome.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll take any version of the MIC top. Sorry, I really just don't get what the issue is. A bunch of whiners have delayed production of 60,000 Broncos.

Let's just get on with it.
Whiners? You don't see any issue with the 1.0 MIC tops? I think the jury is still out on the 2.0 MIC, until we see more and how consistent production is. It isn't whining. It's the expectation that a new vehicle won't have visual flaws or quality issues 2-3 months down the road.

I was team MIC top for over a year now. I would be, but I don't see the issue waiting to gauge the quality of 2.0. If it's fine and my order hasn't been converted to a build, then I'll switch back, but if I'm not sold on the top there are options. I'm sure the aftermarket will fill in with several hardtop options, since you know this is a vehicle advertised to customize.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Whiners? You don't see any issue with the 1.0 MIC tops? I think the jury is still out on the 2.0 MIC, until we see more and how consistent production is. It isn't whining. It's the expectation that a new vehicle won't have visual flaws or quality issues 2-3 months down the road.

I was team MIC top for over a year now. I would be, but I don't see the issue waiting to gauge the quality of 2.0. If it's fine and my order hasn't been converted to a build, then I'll switch back, but if I'm not sold on the top there are options. I'm sure the aftermarket will fill in with several hardtop options, since you know this is a vehicle advertised to customize.
TBH, I've never seen a MIC top in person. All I have seen are some pictures of tops on my computer and phone. The OP's pics here hardly look any different from MIC Ver 1.0. Reading this thread, the whining is MIC Ver 1.2 rather than Ver 2.0.

Everyone expects the seams to split and the top to delam all on a bunch of pics and social media crying. The Ver 1.0 looks no different in pics than Ver 2.0.

If people think the soft top will stay new looking in a few years, I'd make the case it will not based on a few decades of convertible ownership.

I bought a Bronco for the functionality of it, not for the glamor. It's a freaking Jeep. For the majority of owners who trade in every 3 years, the MIC will easily last that long cosmetically.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TBH, I've never seen a MIC top in person. All I have seen are some pictures of tops on my computer and phone. The OP's pics here hardly look any different from MIC Ver 1.0. Reading this thread, the whining is MIC Ver 1.2 rather than Ver 2.0.

Everyone expects the seams to split and the top to delam all on a bunch of pics and social media crying. The Ver 1.0 looks no different in pics than Ver 2.0.

If people think the soft top will stay new looking in a few years, I'd make the case it will not based on a few decades of convertible ownership.

I bought a Bronco for the functionality of it, not for the glamor. It's a freaking Jeep. For the majority of owners who trade in every 3 years, the MIC will easily last that long cosmetically.
Well, good for you. You do realize everyone has a differing viewpoint and opinion. Simply stating it's whining is a bit overboard... In my opinion (lol). If it's about functionality and "it's a freaking Jeep", then go tell the owners with leaking MIC tops that it's functional. LOL.

Who cares if someone thinks the MIC should be of better quality? I do realize the soft top is going to wear, it's why I said, in 2-3 years I'd be looking at hardtops in the aftermarket after it catches up. I don't see the issue here, other than you seem to be bothered by social media whining about people expecting a better quality hardtop. Again, why are you letting it bother you? If that's not you, then move right along. Who cares, right? You'll be happy with yours. That's all that matters.

Frankly, I'd be happy with a hardtop, but I'm hedging my bet. Thinking of the soft top, kick the can down the road until there's multiple options to choose from, including OEM.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, good for you. You do realize everyone has a differing viewpoint and opinion. Simply stating it's whining is a bit overboard... In my opinion (lol). If it's about functionality and "it's a freaking Jeep", then go tell the owners with leaking MIC tops that it's functional. LOL.

Who cares if someone thinks the MIC should be of better quality? I do realize the soft top is going to wear, it's why I said, in 2-3 years I'd be looking at hardtops in the aftermarket after it catches up. I don't see the issue here, other than you seem to be bothered by social media whining about people expecting a better quality hardtop. Again, why are you letting it bother you? If that's not you, then move right along. Who cares, right? You'll be happy with yours. That's all that matters.

Frankly, I'd be happy with a hardtop, but I'm hedging my bet. Thinking of the soft top, kick the can down the road until there's multiple options to choose from, including OEM.
You can read in this thread and other threads that I've stated the engineering reality is a multi-sectional hardtop is going to leak. People have been freaking out just about drips. I've also stated that the MIC top is designed to a price point that the engineers expect owners to remove the top and store it somewhere, where it may sustain minor damage. I've stated that the insulation is similar to rock speaker covering (I jokingly said "Roadie-proof) because it's expected shit is going to get piled up on the top or the top will be stored in a garage or shed with crap stuffed under it. A foam-board based product like Hot Heads might be more susceptible to damage. It's obvious the MIC top is not designed to be a luxury item.

So IMO, people are bitching about the top quality without understanding its fitness for use. Which I think has unnecessarily delayed Bronco production.

I'm not sure you've seen the gen5 clamshell top, but it's heavy and not pretty inside nor outside. It's a big hunk of thick chopped fiberglass boat hull.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can read in this thread and other threads that I've stated the engineering reality is a multi-sectional hardtop is going to leak. People have been freaking out just about drips. I've also stated that the MIC top is designed to a price point that the engineers expect owners to remove the top and store it somewhere, where it may sustain minor damage. I've stated that the insulation is similar to rock speaker covering (I jokingly said "Roadie-proof) because it's expected shit is going to get piled up on the top or the top will be stored in a garage or shed with crap stuffed under it. A foam-board based product like Hot Heads might be more susceptible to damage. It's obvious the MIC top is not designed to be a luxury item.

So IMO, people are bitching about the top quality without understanding its fitness for use. Which I think has unnecessarily delayed Bronco production.

I'm not sure you've seen the gen5 clamshell top, but it's heavy and not pretty inside nor outside. It's a big hunk of thick chopped fiberglass boat hull.
Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 (?) Hardtop Closeup Pics on 2021 Bronco 1632868655295

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone confirm at this point if this unfinished edge is what was being fixed between MIC 1.0 and 2.0? If not, what WAS the problem?

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 (?) Hardtop Closeup Pics on 2021 Bronco 244434139_10223623953240367_802090645064177781_n

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone confirm at this point if this unfinished edge is what was being fixed between MIC 1.0 and 2.0? If not, what WAS the problem?

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 (?) Hardtop Closeup Pics on 2021 Bronco 244434139_10223623953240367_802090645064177781_n
yes the edges are more refined/rolled on 22.0.The few samples seen look much cleaner than that.
Sponsored