First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Almost looks like something dripped in it. Then when it got wet it spread a little. What it was, I don't know.

Mothers and some others make a cleaner specifically for trim. Stoners too.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Mic 2.0 issue - photo 2B67275A-58DB-4ED8-B9AC-A7BE448AB9E5

This is above the driver side. Really visible in the light. Looks like a botched repair? I can’t clean it off or hide it with anything.
Its REALLY hard to polish/buff out plastic. I would make a warranty claim and only worry about fixing the top if the warranty claim is denied.

The photo makes it look as if the texture is different in the troubled area. Do you notice any texture difference or is it just discoloration?

OP
OP
87gpe

87gpe

First Edition
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe, Supra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Its REALLY hard to polish/buff out plastic. I would make a warranty claim and only worry about fixing the top if the warranty claim is denied.

The photo makes it look as if the texture is different in the troubled area. Do you notice any texture difference or is it just discoloration?
Up close it looks just like slight discoloration that’s made more pronounced in the light. I may try some different cleaner and then take it to my dealer. Rest of the top looks fairly good, though there are a few dimples even in the new version it seems.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Up close it looks just like slight discoloration that’s made more pronounced in the light. I may try some different cleaner and then take it to my dealer. Rest of the top looks fairly good, though there are a few dimples even in the new version it seems.
I just paid about $700 to have my paint corrected (touched up) on my Ranger for trade in and even the pro's couldn't fix the plastic trim pieces with some slight scuffing. Thought I would pass that on. I'm about to pick up my MIC 2.0 Bronco any day now and I'm nervous.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine has some spots and scuffs like that but they were all on the top of MIC 2.0 so I wasn't going to say anything about it. I can't see it from the ground. I would take some pics but its raining pretty good today.

OP
OP
87gpe

87gpe

First Edition
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe, Supra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine has some spots and scuffs like that but they were all on the top of MIC 2.0 so I wasn't going to say anything about it. I can't see it from the ground. I would take some pics but its raining pretty good today.
yeah I wouldn’t be too bothered if it was on top but this is right on the edge at my face staring at me every time I get in it haha.

-=[P@]=-

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger 4.0L, '18 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still can't fathom why 2-door is hardtop only!
Just give me one, the top can be totally trashed... I don't care! It's coming off anyway!

Last edited:

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

mine has some scuffs as well - I noticed it just now as I was repositioning the roof bars.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It’s fiberglass. With paint on it . Or at least my FE hardtop is. I say paint because I have a scratch on mine. I have cut edges on mine and it doesn’t appear to be MOLD IN COLOR either. As the color does not goes all the way thru as plastic would .
so this picture is I believe the same top panel as the one he is posting

Ford Bronco Mic 2.0 issue - photo 20FF39DA-079A-4B71-9DFE-EFF8BB1FA115

Edit , I have been corrected it’s some sort of plastic injected into some sort of honeycomb substrate , not fiberglass but in my opinion it looks more like fiberglass than plastic , but it comes down to I have no idea what they made the top out of ! Just want to clarify

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It’s fiberglass. With paint on it . Or at least my FE hardtop is. I say paint because I have a scratch on mine. I have cut edges on mine and it doesn’t appear to be MOLD IN COLOR either. As the color does not goes all the way thru as plastic would .
so this picture is I believe the same top panel as the one he is posting

Ford Bronco Mic 2.0 issue - photo 20FF39DA-079A-4B71-9DFE-EFF8BB1FA115
Seems to be paint on outside layer and white underneath any scratches reveal a white coloration and stand out terribly.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems to be paint on outside layer and white underneath any scratches reveal a white coloration and stand out terribly.
yes, I am terribly disappointed in the quality of this top. I hope 3.0 is fixed and I hope the folks responsible for the poor craftsmanship are held accountable and I hope I get a new top.
Sponsored