Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My MIC 2.0 wildtrak has recently been subject to the wonderful South Florida daily rain and tropical storm which has defeated the hardtop. The first leak was coming from the driver side rear quarter window which was letting in water from the top. I actually noticed this because all the windows were fogged from the inside which definitely isnt normal. I later noticed the top of the window is slightly loose while the other side is solid. Fast forward a couple days and I notice more water inside and on both sides in the same place. After drying the area I used a hose to soak the roof exterior which showed that water was getting in from the seams of the hardtop and running down the inside. I'll be taking it in to the dealer Tuesday so I'll update with what's going on. I'm sure this will require replacement of the rear shell and who knows how long that will take.
Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 rear shell leaking🤦‍♂️ 20220530_164316
Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 rear shell leaking🤦‍♂️ Screenshot_20220605-170505_Photos
Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 rear shell leaking🤦‍♂️ 20220604_164310
Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 rear shell leaking🤦‍♂️ 20220530_164223
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate to hurt peoples feelings, but this vehicle will always have water intrusion. Hard Top / Soft Top, it just goes with having a removable roof.

Now should it leak during the first rain? No, but it will have these issues down the road. Just like all convertible tops are consumable items.

OP
OP
Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hate to hurt peoples feelings, but this vehicle will always have water intrusion. Hard Top / Soft Top, it just goes with having a removable roof.

Now should it leak during the first rain? No, but it will have these issues down the road. Just like all convertible tops are consumable items.
I completely understand that however we are talking about a molded roof and a side window that should never leak at all. It would be a different story if it was seals. This is just bad quality plain and simple. If this type of water intrusion was normal it would be catastrophic.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I completely understand that however we are talking about a molded roof and a side window that should never leak at all. It would be a different story if it was seals. This is just bad quality plain and simple. If this type of water intrusion was normal it would be catastrophic.
The roof has seems & seals. Every time it expands, flexes, etc..., it will create an entry point for water. Water is a funny thing, you can redirect it, but you can never stop it.

Hope they get you taken care of.

BroncoJLandCJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ-7, 2020 JLU, Bronco res holder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I've had a Jeep in rainy coastal South Carolina for two years with a hard top and soft top with no water leaks. Ford can and should do better.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The roof has seems & seals. Every time it expands, flexes, etc..., it will create an entry point for water. Water is a funny thing, you can redirect it, but you can never stop it.

Hope they get you taken care of.
Are there seals along the circled seam? I don't see why there would be. My guess is there is some kind of bond between the sections of the shell.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there seals along the circled seam? I don't see why there would be. My guess is there is some kind of bond between the sections of the shell.
There has to be some kind of seal or bonding as these are just panels pieced together, not a continuous molding. While these will be warranty issues, my money & experience is they will resurface over time & use.

OP
OP
Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There has to be some kind of seal or bonding as these are just panels pieced together, not a continuous molding. While these will be warranty issues, my money & experience is they will resurface over time & use.
Well that's comforting lol. Better get out my can of flex seal and go to town😂

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had my Gladiator for nearly 3 years. Many torrential downpours, car washes, etc. NEVER a single drop of water inside. So far (🤞) my bronco soft top hasn’t leaked either, but I’ve only had it a month.

Sponsored

D1A3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Sahara, Atlas, X5d, 993 Cabriolet, 914 2.0L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2022 Outer Banks, delivered end of January with MIC 2.0. Have not had any day to day leaks with rain, but have experienced similar with two particularly hard rains. Vehicle is in driveway next to garage and under trees, so somewhat protected vs being out in the open. The puddle on the driver side has occurred twice and the rear trunk area once. I thought the pattern of the leak in the trunk was interesting as it seems to follow the edge all the way to and around the back of the seats... Dealer wants me to bring the vehicle in and have it "resealed", but nervous if they have the experience to do such a job. Other thoughts and options?

PS: We also have a 2013 Wrangler with both hard top and soft top and have never had anything like this.

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 rear shell leaking🤦‍♂️ 24E4A0B0-9292-41B6-BB0E-090763A28FED_1_105_c
Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 rear shell leaking🤦‍♂️ F13BE82A-B380-4D0A-9591-1BB6D49B70BD_1_105_c
Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 rear shell leaking🤦‍♂️ 12B1EFC7-36B6-40D2-9790-1FC04DF7DE19_1_105_c

Attachments

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My soft top has zero leaks. None of my other convertibles have ever had a leak past ones caused by high pressure water. I have been very happy with the soft top on my bronco. Totally agree that it will eventually wear out.

OP
OP
Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just dropped it off at the dealer. Won't really know anything until they look at it. They just know they haven't seen anything like this before duhhh.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs