First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My local dealer called me yesterday to bring in my Bronco, purchased 7/21, to replace the original hard top. I insisted on looking at the 2.0 version before they installed it. When I looked at the side glass that they had installed by a local glass shop, I noticed that the black sealant had several spots where the sealant had big globs showing over the trim and on the glass. It may have been ok but it looked like crap! I asked the Service Manager why I would replace my top with something worse? He said that’s just the way it is. I refused to accept it- he said that’s fine, he would hold it for the next customer. No offer to make it right. Not a happy Bronco owner right now! Y’all think I’m overreacting??
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When you say “local glass shop”, what’s that mean?
Why wouldn’t the top be sent complete?

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was there anything wrong with it besides the sealant? Also curious how your 1.0 is holding up?

Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My local dealer called me yesterday to bring in my Bronco, purchased 7/21, to replace the original hard top. I insisted on looking at the 2.0 version before they installed it. When I looked at the side glass that they had installed by a local glass shop, I noticed that the black sealant had several spots where the sealant had big globs showing over the trim and on the glass. It may have been ok but it looked like crap! I asked the Service Manager why I would replace my top with something worse? He said that’s just the way it is. I refused to accept it- he said that’s fine, he would hold it for the next customer. No offer to make it right. Not a happy Bronco owner right now! Y’all think I’m overreacting??
Depends how badly you want it. I know when I bought mine I would've accepted it any way it came!

OP
OP

Bulldog5266

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was there anything wrong with it besides the sealant? Also curious how your 1.0 is holding up?
It didn’t look any different than my 1.0. Still had some unsealed edges. I didn’t even look at the other (front and 2nd row)panels. - too pissed off at that point. I haven’t had any problems other than the popping noises.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think I would have gotten too worked up over sealant globs, but it's certainly true that many "MIC 2.0" tops are not living up to expectations. If the edges or snakeskin aren't improved over what you already have, you were probably correct to reject the top.

The tops are pretty bad, there's no sugarcoating it.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It didn’t look any different than my 1.0. Still had some unsealed edges. I didn’t even look at the other (front and 2nd row)panels. - too pissed off at that point. I haven’t had any problems other than the popping noises.
The popping noises can easily be fixed. It’s the guide pins. I made some condoms for them out of plastic wrapper and the noises are completely gone. It was driving me crazy. I will eventually do a more permanent fix somehow, or I suspect someone will release a silicon condom etc.

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 replacement not acceptable! B8E27174-1E54-4B4E-B4F3-B38F4C684E9F
Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 replacement not acceptable! 02AD25A7-D426-40F8-860E-3AE106DC30A6

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am kind of dreading this same scenario. My 2 door 1.0 top has no leaks, no rattles, minimal snake skin. It does have the unsealed edge on the main roof section all the way around.

I am envisioning more than a couple of tries for them to show me a 2.0 that looks good enough to pass my inspection, and I will definitely be doing the same thing that you did, give it a very close look before I agree to the exchange.

And if the 'new and improved' one leaks or rattles I am going to be pissed.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the warranty for the hard tops? My Bronco will be built this month and my expectations are very low.
Sponsored