James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Highlander / 66 GMC Pickup
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I started noticing a popping above/behind the driver a couple weeks ago on our (Dirt Mountain) 4dr Badlands. Seemed to sync up with colder weather which makes to make sense. I'll check out the guide pin stuff this weekend!
Sponsored

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the same issue, it started over on the passenger side and that actually went away and now it pops behind me on the driver side. Have yet to play with room

nifty

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Highlander / 66 GMC Pickup
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I started noticing a popping above/behind the driver a couple weeks ago on our (Dirt Mountain) 4dr Badlands. Seemed to sync up with colder weather which makes to make sense. I'll check out the guide pin stuff this weekend!
I ran by Autozone yesterday and grabbed a couple 3/8" rubber end caps for the guide pins. Put them on last night and tested this morning. Zero clicking, popping, etc from the roof on a series of bumpy and unmaintained roads. I've popped the panels on and off several times and the end caps stay in place! Now I just need to trim their length for final fit.

guide pin 1.jpg

guide pin 2.jpg

BroncoBuddy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same popping sound. Seems like it is coming from the same place as everyone else. I pulled the roof off and placed black electrical tape over the holes, then used a punch to create an opening. In total, I think only 6 points to tape over, two above the front visors, and two on each side above the front seatbelts. Tested for a day now and NO more popping.

Last edited:

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ran by Autozone yesterday and grabbed a couple 3/8" rubber end caps for the guide pins. Put them on last night and tested this morning. Zero clicking, popping, etc from the roof on a series of bumpy and unmaintained roads. I've popped the panels on and off several times and the end caps stay in place! Now I just need to trim their length for final fit.

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 Roof popping guide pin 2

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 Roof popping guide pin 2
You only did this on the 3 removable panels, right?
Is it still holding up ok?

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup. Got it over the passenger side front seat belt area. Took about 500 miles for it to start and it's finally settled into being a constant noise. I haven't stressed about it too much as I'm awaiting a new top someday, after Ford figures out how to build one.
Sponsored