jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Identical problem that was reported a few months back with the MIC 1.0. Took delivery a couple days ago and last night it saw it’s first rain. Not overly heavy rain, but hours of rain nonetheless. This morning the airbag panel on the passenger a pillar was ‘tearing’ water. Identical to the older thread here, and car and drivers report. When tapping the panel I was able to knock out maybe a half ounce of water.

I looked back to that mic 1.0 water leak thread and I don’t think there was any resolution. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cover-in-heavy-rain.19657/page-20#post-932886

thankfully I have floor liners…and the dash is all hard plastic.The result was a small amount of water that ran down the side of the a pillar to the dash then ran to the side of the dash and dripped on the floor. So only an ounce or so of water pooled up on the floor liner.

the front panels seem properly secured and the car was parked on a level surface

hmmm. I guess my immediate concern is the airbag module getting fried.

if others report this on their 2.0 please speak up, and of course, if there’s any known fix please post.
Sponsored

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

S.O.A.B.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Identical problem that was reported a few months back with the MIC 1.0. Took delivery a couple days ago and last night it saw it’s first rain. Not overly heavy rain, but hours of rain nonetheless. This morning the airbag panel on the passenger a pillar was ‘tearing’ water. Identical to the older thread here, and car and drivers report. When tapping the panel I was able to knock out maybe a half ounce of water.

I looked back to that mic 1.0 water leak thread and I don’t think there was any resolution. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cover-in-heavy-rain.19657/page-20#post-932886

thankfully I have floor liners…and the dash is all hard plastic.The result was a small amount of water that ran down the side of the a pillar to the dash then ran to the side of the dash and dripped on the floor. So only an ounce or so of water pooled up on the floor liner.

the front panels seem properly secured and the car was parked on a level surface

hmmm. I guess my immediate concern is the airbag module getting fried.

if others report this on their 2.0 please speak up, and of course, if there’s any known fix please post.
Be sure to PM @Ford Motor Company with your VIN so they can investigate

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did you take pics of the leak?

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I found this wedged at the base of my passenger windshield wiper. Is it possible this fell off from when I took of my panel and miraculous got stuck there or was this put for delivery?
Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 water leak -A-Pillar passenger airbag cover D9505376-36AA-4A6D-80D5-1E1D62A02C49

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@flip pointed out something about a drainage tube.

Definitely report to Ford Motor Company as suggested above.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Resurrecting this thread because I found it in search and tagging @Ford Motor Company

Let's see what comes of it...

It's happened twice now where a passenger has gotten into my Bronco and they get drizzled on. It's coming from here:

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 water leak -A-Pillar passenger airbag cover 1637258150548

Caught a drop of the exact leak point:

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 water leak -A-Pillar passenger airbag cover 1637258213507

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welp, good thing we have drain holes in the floorboards.

Sponsored

MCP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ditto!

Just picked up the 2DR Bandland last Friday with MIC 2.0. Live in Florida and we've had two days of very very light rain, on and off but steady the past 24 hours. This morning, opened the passenger side door to put computer bag in and saw water in the passenger side floormat, pillar and door opening. Went to get in the drivers door and a considerable amount of water drained onto my pants leg from the drivers side pillar when I closed the door; and dripping from pillar from plastic cover which makes me concerned about the QM process and integrity of the air bags.

Candidly it looks like it would be a potential recall issue if the the electrical components or air bags are compromised caused by corrosion from water intrusion. It may eventually cause failure in the system, not to mention the obvious water leaking into a car is acceptable.

Looking forward to a fix, as I'd hate to see how this would do in a real storm, Hurricane or car wash.

Calling dealership & FORD to see what can be done.

IMG_4466.jpg

IMG_4467.jpg

IMG_4465.jpg

IMG_4468.jpg

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I removed my top and pushed the seals and haven’t had an issue since. I am thinking a small piece of plastic could of been blocking a drain hole in the weather stripping. That or it will happen soon enough lol

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found this wedged at the base of my passenger windshield wiper. Is it possible this fell off from when I took of my panel and miraculous got stuck there or was this put for delivery?
Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 water leak -A-Pillar passenger airbag cover IMG_4468
that's just part of shipping materials that should have been removed at PDI, nothing top related.
Sponsored