Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Long time reader. First time poster.

I picked up my 21 Bronco Base 2 door, in Oxford White, on 1/10/22.

I was told that Ford stopped producing Broncos with the MIC 1.0 tops, so I didn’t believe that water intrusion would be an issue on my new Bronco.

Any other MY21 MIC top owners, that took ownership after MIC 1.0 production stopped, experiencing water intrusion?

I went through a touch less car wash today and water comes through the top. I’ve attached a couple of pictures.

I called the local dealership service department and was told that they have a third party to repair leaks. Not sure how others feel about this, but after waiting 544 days for the Bronco, I really don’t want a roof repaired by a local leak repair shop. Seems like Ford should be repairing or replacing faulty roofs.

043CBC21-2BC9-4B88-B898-74C8C9E83E34.jpeg

E1FCD658-6A1A-4F4E-BE7D-739ACEDDEAA2.jpeg
There’s a tsb for leaking tops
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You know the big problem is that there's no middle brace bar like there is in a wrangler. I know that's the marketing feature for Ford, but it also means that you are missing the ability to screw those tops down tight right in the middle.

Maybe what Ford should have done is not run a bar all the way across, but some sort of bump that would allow you to run a threaded bolt up through to tighten those suckers down.

Sorry, but I don't agree with people that think that water intrusion is just part of owning a removable top. There are plenty out there that don't leak, it's a design flaw.

No I'm not saying if you're in a hurricane that you may not get some water in there. But a rainstorm, a car wash, really?

I posted a while back about a show I watched on TV called made it in a day. They have an episode where they show how Wranglers are built. They even take samples of the Wrangler and run it through basically a car wash.

This is just sloppy design, no blue excuses. The entire MIC is a complete fail. All you can do is hope that you're one of the lucky ones where the stars align.

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I noticed for the first time after a hard rain that mine has a little bit of a leak coming through the cracks of the plastic on the a pillar airbag section.....
IMG_20220205_125950.jpg
Sponsored