First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey folks. Wondering just how many of you are experiencing issues with your MIC 2.0. Fortunately mine’s been pretty good, but I’ve only driven ~1500 miles so I’m wondering if it’s just a matter of time. I’ve heard consistent reports of leaking (during rain and/or washing) and excessive wind noise, even at lower speeds (<45mph). Thought I’d take a quick poll to get a sense of the prevalence of these issues. Thanks for participating.
Sponsored

dvdmnhn

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Been dealing with the leaking roof and after many back and forth trips they finally agreed to replace the roof which did fix the leak but noticed excessive wind noise, brought it back and dealer address the wind noise issue with a TSB fix which stopped the excessive noise but the leak issue came back.. 🤦🏽‍♂️

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not taken mine off yet. Does not leak and the wind noise is minimal, tire noise is louder (Badlands SAS).

I plan to be very, very, very, very careful with my "sections" when I take them off, especially the seals. Also, I'm planning to lightly lubricate them with silicone grease (O-Ring grease) while they are off.

1st cold front may pass through Houston this week and give us some relief from the humidity and heat. Top sections will finally come off if it happens. Come-on cold front!!

jackb10

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks; 2019 Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been struggling with what i feel is excessive wind noise from my MIC 2.0 since i got mine in November of 2021. Very first car wash i took it through i got water coming in from the middle seem in the front two panels. I tool them off and reinstalled them and didn't get a leak for a while. This past summer i had the full roof and doors off as much as i could which was a lot, but still always have varying wind noise and leaks when i put the roof back on. I have tried adding more weather stripping to all the seems but doesn't really improve at all.

I love everything about my 4dr out banks but this, wish there was a good answer... I can live and expect some wind noise but idk seems too much.

It's going to be a long winter in Chicago until can go topless again.

Sponsored

ahunter2

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been struggling with a leak where the back piece connects to the end cap. Also have wind noise and a squeak. Feel like it’s a bad top unfortunately

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've been struggling with what i feel is excessive wind noise from my MIC 2.0 since i got mine in November of 2021. Very first car wash i took it through i got water coming in from the middle seem in the front two panels. I tool them off and reinstalled them and didn't get a leak for a while. This past summer i had the full roof and doors off as much as i could which was a lot, but still always have varying wind noise and leaks when i put the roof back on. I have tried adding more weather stripping to all the seems but doesn't really improve at all.

I love everything about my 4dr out banks but this, wish there was a good answer... I can live and expect some wind noise but idk seems too much.

It's going to be a long winter in Chicago until can go topless again.
Hi Brian. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi Brian. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.
I'm also having the same problem with my MIC 2.0 Leaking in the front over the sunglass holder.

I have been restricted on this forum and un able to send PMs so here is my info below;

VIN; 1FMDE5BH3MLA79814
Dealer; Bison Ford Great Falls, MT

Ltjb8

Wildtrak
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I shoved a wooden shim in here and it stopped about 75% of my wind noise. Ridiculous. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 Wind Noise / Leak Poll E6065844-FCC7-4F54-849D-A3E3D249F06F

najay

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss 302, focus st, gen1 lightning, f250 7.3l 4wd
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had some wind noise coming from the back driving at highway speeds. We are supposed to get big rain this week, so I will be able to check for leaks.

Sponsored

tambrico

Badlands
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niner Air 9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely excessive wind noise. Sounds like my passenger side rear window is open every time im at highway speeds. At first we thought it was from the door weather stripping being loose. replaced that and no change. did a ride along with service this week and truck will be going in next week for repair (again) and also have the tailgate rattle that they will be looking into (again)

BuildMe22

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX 2.7 Squatch Carb Grey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just picked mine up last night. I noticed a considerable amount of wind noise this morning at speeds above 45. I kept lowering and raising my rear windows to see if it wasn't sealing properly. Huh...

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just picked mine up last night. I noticed a considerable amount of wind noise this morning at speeds above 45. I kept lowering and raising my rear windows to see if it wasn't sealing properly. Huh...
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely excessive wind noise. Sounds like my passenger side rear window is open every time im at highway speeds. At first we thought it was from the door weather stripping being loose. replaced that and no change. did a ride along with service this week and truck will be going in next week for repair (again) and also have the tailgate rattle that they will be looking into (again)
So what was the noise caused by mine seems to have the same problem

tambrico

Badlands
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niner Air 9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what was the noise caused by mine seems to have the same problem
Dealership is now gaslighting me and telling me nothing is wrong.
Sponsored