MIC Hard Top Headliner - Install or no?

Slightlynorth

Black Diamond
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 2023 4Runner 40th Ed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi all. I bought my 22 BD from a dealer. It has a green window sticker through, so I understand this was likely a customer order where the customer passed on it once it was built and delivered. The strange thing is, it came with the MIC headliner uninstalled. As in, I have the pieces with the plastic backing on them, ready to be installed. They were in the cargo area along with the front panel bag. I asked the dealer about this and was told all MIC orders of the BD trim were given an option to add the headliner at no cost. They think maybe the person who ordered it opted for the headliner but maybe asked for it not to be installed so they could make the decision later?

Either way, I have it now and am conflicted about applying them or not. What would you do? I personally don't listen to really loud music when I drive, and I hardly think a car of any sort is a great place to enjoy high fidelity quality music. I also don't take a lot of phone calls. And I don't find it too hard to talk to someone in the passenger seat next to me. But does it help with heat or cooling retention? Anything else I should be considering?

MIC owners, if you had the option after the fact, would you opt to install the headliner or not?
Sponsored

Last edited:

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you don't really care then just sell it.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would have put mine on better than the factory/dealer did. It was installed crooked pulled off then put back on. So there's air bubbles and it started falling day one. Sticky residue left where it was pulled off from, that now has fine trail dust stuck to it.

I have no point of reference to know if it does better with heat/cold or sound. Covering the shitty hard top finish inside makes it worth it in my opinion. Vaccum the hell out of it after install, as it has dandruff.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have it and like it fine. I have no baseline, but think it must help sound and thermal. Also, the uncovered pars of my mic look pretty poor, so it helps with appearance. It can also be used as velcro, I hang an led light on mine. My only concern would be getting a good diy install. Probably remove the top so gravity can be in your favor.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi all. I bought my 22 BD from a dealer. It has a green window sticker through, so I understand this was likely a customer order where the customer passed on it once it was built and delivered. The strange thing is, it came with the MIC headliner uninstalled. As in, I have the pieces with the plastic backing on them, ready to be installed. They were in the cargo area along with the front panel bag. I asked the dealer about this and was told all MIC orders of the BD trim were given an option to add the headliner at no cost. They think maybe the person who ordered it opted for the headliner but maybe asked for it not to be installed so they could make the decision later?

Either way, I have it now and am conflicted about applying them or not. What would you do? I personally don't listen to really loud music when I drive, and I hardly think a car of any sort is a great place to enjoy high fidelity quality music. I also don't take a lot of phone calls. And I don't find it too hard to talk to someone in the passenger seat next to me. But does it help with heat or cooling retention? Anything else I should be considering?

MIC owners, if you had the option after the fact, would you opt to install the headliner or not?
I don't own a Bronco yet, but have seen with and without the headliner, and I vote without. Didn't care for the look.

Also my bare Jeep hardtops were easier to maintain without fabric, wipe/hose them down, didn't attract bugs in the material, etc. Plus passengers used to draw stuff on the inside, so there's that.

If some Bronco hardtops have questionable surface appearance, has anyone yet tried painting the interior surface, or maybe wrapping?
Sponsored