Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you didn't drop it, did you park/leave it somewhere with your windows open? Maybe someone swapped with you.

I believe I read on here somewhere they were about $2400 each panel to replace. That's why I have been extra careful.
That's slimy as all get out but makes the most sense if OP didn't drop it. That corner 100% nose dived into dirt.

If that's the replacement cost, the Sunrider is looking pretty good now.
Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Donā€™t disagree with you at all.. the weird part is when I took it off this morning and I didnā€™t notice it at all..
anyone even know if ford is selling these replacement parts?
Thereā€™s no way I would have taken off my top panels without noticing something like that. And if it happened while it was in your storage bags riding around in the back, seems like there would be a bunch of little broken off splintered pieces in the storage bag. Maybe retrace your steps where you went that day. If you parked in front of any homes or businesses that may have cameras, you could ask to review their footage just to see if you might catch someone pulling off a swap.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Where abouts in New York are you from? NYC? State? My neck of the woods (Buffalo)?

Here's a thread of someone else with a broken top very similar to yours, but they forgot to latch theirs and it blew off while they were driving. I bet it takes a pretty substantial force to break like yours. Can almost guarantee someone swapped with you if you didn't do it. This is a lesson for all of us.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cs-of-damage-and-material-construction.26886/

And here's the fix but yours looks worse than his. I'm thinking you need a new panel. Maybe if you go through insurance it would be a comp claim instead of collision.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/a-mic-top-repair-after-panel-blew-off.28919/

I wonder if it's possible for the passenger side to blow off if not latched and not the driver side.

Last edited:

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Judging by the stress crack above the broken corner piece, i agree looks like it was dropped.

OP
OP
donkeyodie

donkeyodie

Outer Banks
First Name
Donna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Dead Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's slimy as all get out but makes the most sense if OP didn't drop it. That corner 100% nose dived into dirt.

If that's the replacement cost, the Sunrider is looking pretty good now.
Definitely wasnā€™t swapped out. Mainly cause my first batch ā€˜22 badge some of us got was still attached (and the extra sound padding thatā€™s been pealing since I brought it home is still intact pealingā€¦
This did slip out of someoneā€™s hands a few weeks ago and hit the driveway but we checked it out and there was no break.. no visible break | crack and now there is. It legit looks mangled - I would have noticed. If it was that and it took being in the back of the trunk to come out - that sucks.. but it wasnā€™t visible until this afternoon. $2400ā€¦.. ughh. Roof lights are going to have to wait.

Sponsored
OP
OP
donkeyodie

donkeyodie

Outer Banks
First Name
Donna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Dead Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where abouts in New York are you from? NYC? State? My neck of the woods (Buffalo)?

Here's a thread of someone else with a broken top very similar to yours, but they forgot to latch theirs and it blew off while they were driving. I bet it takes a pretty substantial force to break like yours. Can almost guarantee someone swapped with you if you didn't do it. This is a lesson for all of us.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cs-of-damage-and-material-construction.26886/

And here's the fix but yours looks worse than his. I'm thinking you need a new panel. Maybe if you go through insurance it would be a comp claim instead of collision.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/a-mic-top-repair-after-panel-blew-off.28919/

I wonder if it's possible for the passenger side to blow off if not latched and not the driver side.
Hi. We are in Westchester. Thanks for the links. Iā€™m going to see if someone can fix it. Also been toying with painting the roof - maybe this is the time to do it.

CriticalB

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hard to tell if itā€™s a reflection in the paint, but those look like some pretty gnarly scratches at the top of your windshield. Did you by chance hit a low branch or something and not notice the panel damage when you last removed it?

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hard to tell if itā€™s a reflection in the paint, but those look like some pretty gnarly scratches at the top of your windshield. Did you by chance hit a low branch or something and not notice the panel damage when you last removed it?
Good eye. My blinders had me focused on the roof panel.

OP
OP
donkeyodie

donkeyodie

Outer Banks
First Name
Donna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Dead Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sadly noā€¦ thatā€™s taking the roof on and off.. hoping since itā€™s coated they can be buffed
Our one of these days

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice catch, but the dirt....

Ok, we are going to need the op to take random soil samples so our lab can match it up.

This mystery needs solving

Sponsored
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The crack would make sense from a drop. The corner piece wouldnā€™t though with so many scratches going in so many different directions. The trim piece on the bottom pulling out would be a bit odd from a drop too. If anything that part would maybe be bent in if that area was impacted. Itā€™s looks like an animal literally mangled it and was pulling at that corner.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Definitely wasnā€™t swapped out. Mainly cause my first batch ā€˜22 badge some of us got was still attached (and the extra sound padding thatā€™s been pealing since I brought it home is still intact pealingā€¦
This did slip out of someoneā€™s hands a few weeks ago and hit the driveway but we checked it out and there was no break.. no visible break | crack and now there is. It legit looks mangled - I would have noticed. If it was that and it took being in the back of the trunk to come out - that sucks.. but it wasnā€™t visible until this afternoon. $2400ā€¦.. ughh. Roof lights are going to have to wait.
If you dropped it and it needs replacing file a claim under your insurance comprehensive coverage. At $2400 it should exceed your deductible.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Off topicā€¦..I thought the roof panels were solid MIC plastic? I see fiberglass in there. Isnā€™t that a good thing if the roof panels are fiber reinforced?