Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanted to see if anyone has had a similar issue and what resolution you had. I got my bronco 6 months ago and my roof has never looked right. Got in it last weekend and my roof was leaking by the aux switches and where the back roof panel connects to the back cap. The day before, I heard water sloshing around and I think it fell out of the trim covering the back C pillar. Dropping it off at Ford on Tuesday but wanted to see if this was a common issue. Thanks I’m advance

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wanted to see if anyone has had a similar issue and what resolution you had. I got my bronco 6 months ago and my roof has never looked right. Got in it last weekend and my roof was leaking by the aux switches and where the back roof panel connects to the back cap. The day before, I heard water sloshing around and I think it fell out of the trim covering the back C pillar. Dropping it off at Ford on Tuesday but wanted to see if this was a common issue. Thanks I’m advance

Hi Austin! I can look into your Bronco's leak concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We get water coming in out of the front air bags every now and then.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've gotten water from the driver side top airbag once, it was pouring and I turned. Only time I've had an issue in 7 months.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's a TSB for that. New seal and a shit ton of sealant.

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's only for '21's from what I see, not sure why it wouldn't apply to '22's as well, ours was built in Jan.

Hippydrome

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender NAS D90, 1995
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am about to have the new seal replaced again and just like you said they put a ton of sealant on it to the point that it oozes out and looks like a home made job as you fixed it yourself. The dealer said that ooze is normal and nothing they can do to make it look better. Thanks Ford!

Cheers,

HD

OP
OP
ahunter2

ahunter2

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Austin! I can look into your Bronco's leak concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?
Thank you, just sent a message.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am about to have the new seal replaced again and just like you said they put a ton of sealant on it to the point that it oozes out and looks like a home made job as you fixed it yourself. The dealer said that ooze is normal and nothing they can do to make it look better. Thanks Ford!

Cheers,

HD
Yea, it looks pretty easy, I'll probably just do it myself when it cools off a bit. I'm sure there's no reason to "overseal".

GeorgeS

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My 2021 2-door just started leaking from the passenger side MIC window panel. The hard top was replaced last summer via and I've not had any issues until this morning. it rained all day yesterday here and I noticed water pooling on the ledge by the window. I saw water coming dow the window from where it should be sealed. I don't want to take it back to the dealer because its just too much hassle. Can I just put in a small bead of silicone sealant and stop it myself? I don't have time to drop and off and wait days to get it fixed.

Sponsored

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Id
My 2021 2-door just started leaking from the passenger side MIC window panel. The hard top was replaced last summer via and I've not had any issues until this morning. it rained all day yesterday here and I noticed water pooling on the ledge by the window. I saw water coming dow the window from where it should be sealed. I don't want to take it back to the dealer because its just too much hassle. Can I just put in a small bead of silicone sealant and stop it myself? I don't have time to drop and off and wait days to get it fixed.
Id at least take it in and get it documented before u try fixing it yourself till they can get to it.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've had the roof off mine a few times, no leaks as of yet. Took it through the car wash Saturday, inside is dry.

GeorgeS

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Id

Id at least take it in and get it documented before u try fixing it yourself till they can get to it.
Yeah, I understand what you are saying. But this is so frustrating and I just don't have the time to keep taking it to a dealer. And I'm now in a new state and I don't have a relationship with any dealer. This is just very disappointing, especially since its been replaced.

GeorgeS

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've had the roof off mine a few times, no leaks as of yet. Took it through the car wash Saturday, inside is dry.
it leaks from the window. seems to be a seal issue. I think when they replaced the top, they had to put the windows in. I'm guessing there is something wrong with that but who knows.

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DM if you want to sell