First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since I had some weather seal left over, I used it to fill the gap between front panels on the inside, seems to make a difference. My wife says that the wind buffetting is gone and her ears don't hurt anymore.
front_panel_gap.jpg
Ya, I did both the front and back trenches of the front panels (3/4" rubber hose) that alone got rid of 90-95% of the noise below 70 MPH. Above 70 MPH, I still get some noise from the sides, but nothing like before. I plan to do the sides this weekend and then I should have a pretty quiet interior (carpeted OBX with Lux - so it has the extra underhood sound deadening).
Sponsored

jlatigo

Wildtrak
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Bronco, 14 Raptor, 22 Raptor, 22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I purchased D-shaped strips of rubber gaskets and applied to the inside of the hard top where it meets the door side pillar. This has dramatically improved the noticeable wind noise on the interior. I highlighted with blue markings to indicate what I added. I will add links of what I purchased as well.

6CFA61D0-374C-4476-AC50-92C64665D022.jpeg

F5CD4DBE-3A24-4EB3-9CCD-403D53E49563.jpeg
I’m having a difficult time understanding what I’m looking at in terms of where this is in the truck. Including a wider shot to provide perspective would be very helpful. The same can be said for most of the visuals being posted.

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why are we spending so much time trying to figure this out?

Come on @Ford figure this out and fix it .

😁 because after my last visit to the dealer for this issue the service manager almost needed dental work! @Ford So now I'm left to fix a vehicle I paid 50k for myself! I will be thinking long and hard on my next purchase.

OP
OP

Geo2

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m having a difficult time understanding what I’m looking at in terms of where this is in the truck. Including a wider shot to provide perspective would be very helpful. The same can be said for most of the visuals being posted.
This is a picture from inside sitting in the back seat. Unfortunately there isn’t much more room for obtaining a wider shot. What you are seeing is the inside leading edge of the hardtop. I unbolted the hardtop and lifted and slid it back in place abou 10” and it’s sitting on its set pins in these pictures. Since this picture I have added some additional 1” round tubing between the hardtop and side pillar from the inside rear and that seemed to have added some additional wind noise dampening. For that I didn’t remove the top, just stuffed it into the space. You could try that first as it may accomplish the same thing as the pictures.

Sponsored

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a picture from inside sitting in the back seat. Unfortunately there isn’t much more room for obtaining a wider shot. What you are seeing is the inside leading edge of the hardtop. I unbolted the hardtop and lifted and slid it back in place abou 10” and it’s sitting on its set pins in these pictures. Since this picture I have added some additional 1” round tubing between the hardtop and side pillar from the inside rear and that seemed to have added some additional wind noise dampening. For that I didn’t remove the top, just stuffed it into the space. You could try that first as it may accomplish the same thing as the pictures.
Thanks. Were you able to move the top yourself or do I need another set of hands? I’ve only owned the car for 10 days and have only taken off the 2 front panels. On that note, are you able to take off the middle panel on your own?

OP
OP

Geo2

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. Were you able to move the top yourself or do I need another set of hands? I’ve only owned the car for 10 days and have only taken off the 2 front panels. On that note, are you able to take off the middle panel on your own?
I was able to move it into the position in the pictures by myself. I wouldn’t be able to fully remove it by myself though. I would recommend another set of hands just to ensure you don’t damage the set pins.

OP
OP

Geo2

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is a picture of the tubing I stuffed in the space from the interior rear. In the photo it’s partially removed. It seemed to have helped. You could start with stuffing some foam in there and see if it helps your situation.
Ford Bronco MIC hard top wind noise reduction …best results so far - using rubber gasket strips AEFA017D-C0EE-4337-91AD-EFFCFF1274F4

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to move it into the position in the pictures by myself. I wouldn’t be able to fully remove it by myself though. I would recommend another set of hands just to ensure you don’t damage the set pins.
Thanks. Where did you grab it from and does it need to be lifted to clear any set pins or other positioning factors, or simply slid back? Sorry for the repetitive hits, but your information is awesome and willingness to help is very much appreciated

OP
OP

Geo2

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. Where did you grab it from and does it need to be lifted to clear any set pins or other positioning factors, or simply slid back? Sorry for the repetitive hits, but your information is awesome and willingness to help is very much appreciated
For this application I did not remove the top I just stuffed it into the place. I attached what I used. I purchased from Amazon. You could also try some 1” square foam which I am sure you can find at all hardware stores. It might be cheaper and work just as well. This is just something I had from another project. I know what you might be experiencing. I love driving my Bronco…I just couldn’t handle the wind noise! I have undergone a bit of trial and error when it comes to this situation. Please continue to post what you did and how it worked out. It helps us all in the community.
Ford Bronco MIC hard top wind noise reduction …best results so far - using rubber gasket strips 569EA58C-158A-4D12-A992-F3688957BC5A

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It will not slide back. You need to lift it and move it back. Do NOT rest the rear shell on the guide pins. They are not weight bearing and can lead to cracks on the sill. Find something to support the cap when you move it back to support the weight.

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will not slide back. You need to lift it and move it back. Do NOT rest the rear shell on the guide pins. They are not weight bearing and can lead to cracks on the sill. Find something to support the cap when you move it back to support the weight.
My wife will be a 2nd set of hands. Without entirely removing the top, what would you suggest as the steps once I’ve removed the 10 bolts(4 each side and 2 on top). I can’t figure out how to get something under the top to support it if we’re both lifting it. I’m feeling dumb about this, but I don’t want to experiment and break something in the process. Prefer to learn from your experience.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife will be a 2nd set of hands. Without entirely removing the top, what would you suggest as the steps once I’ve removed the 10 bolts(4 each side and 2 on top). I can’t figure out how to get something under the top to support it if we’re both lifting it. I’m feeling dumb about this, but I don’t want to experiment and break something in the process. Prefer to learn from your experience.
You could stuff anything between the cap and sill. Just don't rest the weight of the cap on the guide pins. A rolled towel, Styrofoam block, piece of wood, etc.
Sponsored