Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You must have a lemon top. I rarely drive less than 70mph and get blasted with all kinds of crosswinds on the prairie, but the Bronco is no louder inside than any other truck or van I've been in.
No, you have an exceptional top. I know you’re getting serious crosswinds and if you’re not complaining, your top is better than most or you drive without your hearing aids.
Sponsored

BradW

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1933 Ford 5w Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine had pretty bad wind noise above 40mph from the day I picked it up. Sounded like the passenger window was open a little. I took it to the dealer and they first replaced the passenger side front top panel. may have improved a little but the issue was still there. Then they replaced the front seal on the rear top and it is much better. There is still wind noise, but its not terrible. I would say it is what one would expect from a removable top. I can have normal conversations and run my radio between 5 and 8 above 70mph.

I may try this fix as well to se if it makes it even more quiet.

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Imagine that, spending just a few extra dollars on sealing this craptastic top and it no longer sounds like a hot mess. Ford really cheaped out on the sound isolation, there is really no other excuse for how much wind noise is in the cabin.
Yep. It's honestly inexcusible but it's what's somewhat expected from an American company. QC for Ford has always been not great and they take short cuts on a lot of things. My buddy showed me the carpet cut under the dash in his '17 Mustang. Looked unprofessional/2nd market.

Last edited:

Old Hound

Wildtrak
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I purchased D-shaped strips of rubber gaskets and applied to the inside of the hard top where it meets the door side pillar. This has dramatically improved the noticeable wind noise on the interior. I highlighted with blue markings to indicate what I added. I will add links of what I purchased as well.

6CFA61D0-374C-4476-AC50-92C64665D022.jpeg

F5CD4DBE-3A24-4EB3-9CCD-403D53E49563.jpeg
I guess I am one of the luck thousands that got a good hardtop the wind noise is about what I expected and no leaks. i take it through an automatic car wash regularly and no leaks and the top looks great. I pull the panels out by myself and they go back in with no problem or leaks. I just wanted to complement Ford on how much I like my Bronco it gets tiring reading all the bitching.

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The only way manufacturers improve is by customer complaints and external competition.
If EVERYONE was a fan boy there would be no reason for any manufacturer to make better products.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Geo2

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I am one of the luck thousands that got a good hardtop the wind noise is about what I expected and no leaks. i take it through an automatic car wash regularly and no leaks and the top looks great. I pull the panels out by myself and they go back in with no problem or leaks. I just wanted to complement Ford on how much I like my Bronco it gets tiring reading all the bitching.
Please don’t take my modification as bitching. I love my Bronco! I had an ‘84 CJ7 and currently own a 2016 Wrangler. By all means I understand what I was buying. I enjoy this forum mostly to see peoples mods and accessories and advice from others. I only offered this post in hopes it helps others as I felt it upped my enjoyment of my Bronco.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Please don’t take my modification as bitching. I love my Bronco! I had an ‘84 CJ7 and currently own a 2016 Wrangler. By all means I understand what I was buying. I enjoy this forum mostly to see peoples mods and accessories and advice from others. I only offered this post in hopes it helps others as I felt it upped my enjoyment of my Bronco.
I appreciate you and other people's small hacks to improve things that shouldn't need improving. I look forward to more detailed pictures as I'll definitely be trying this. Thanks for your contribution!

mortgagebruce

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon Hard Rock (SOLD) / 2020 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah starting to think I got lucky water tight little wind noise, and was out in a crosswind 50+advisory but ford needs to know to make improvements.

vesuvan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Chevy Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So the gaskets are glued in place? Does that mean you won't be able to take the roof panels off anymore? I am actually thinking about selling my 4-door FE because I just can't stand the wind noise. It's bad at 35 mph, it's torture at 65. I can't even imagine driving it across country as I had originally planned.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Geo2

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the gaskets are glued in place? Does that mean you won't be able to take the roof panels off anymore? I am actually thinking about selling my 4-door FE because I just can't stand the wind noise. It's bad at 35 mph, it's torture at 65. I can't even imagine driving it across country as I had originally planned.
The flat side of the gasket strips has adhesive tape. They are not permanent and can be removed if you see fit. I only applied to the rear hardtop section independent of the roof top panels, so they are not impacted in any way.

mortgagebruce

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon Hard Rock (SOLD) / 2020 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sorry…this is the leading front edge of the hard top for a 2-door. I attached 2 rows of the larger gasket at the leading edge and bent the smaller gasket along the plastic trim of the factory gasket.

Here are the products I purchased:

KX Automotive Universal New... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089QBSJ72?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

KX Automotive Universal D-Shape... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089PY6KBC?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Is 10 feet of both enough for both sides?

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is very helpful. There was another thread for similar solution for the front two panels. Might be good to create a 'Master Sound Dampening Hard Top' thread with all these solutions together.

Smokey142

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Z71 LTZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saying this top is just a lemon is a joke. It can’t be a lemon when it’s half of all hard tops having similar problems. These hard tops are trash plain and simple, and webasto should be embarrassed. Mine whistles from the gap between the second row top and clamshell. The rubber gasket on the clamshell literally doesn’t cover the entire gab in spots, and in some spots the rubber is bent/warped leaving holes in the seal.
Sponsored