First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is the where the rear clam shell mates with the B pillar on the 2-dr.
Passenger side, obviously. Looks like the same area where I can hear wind noise on mine. Will definitely try this, thanks
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Passenger side, obviously. Looks like the same area where I can hear wind noise on mine. Will definitely try this, thanks
I'm definitely going to try this. When I took delivery, I had a drive from Detroit to St. Augustine, FL. I know that there is noise with removable roofs/panels. But at highway speed it sounded like the passenger window was cracked/open. But then when I got home, I installed the SunRider. Haven't been driving on the highway since so not sure about noise from the same area. When I swap out the SunRider, I'll be sure to apply this fix to the passenger B pillar/rear clam shell fitment. SunRider prevents the removal of the rear clam shell so it will have to wait until then.

OP
OP

Geo2

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yesterday I taped over the gap between the side pillar and the hardtop. It seemed to change the acoustics. A flange covering this area might be a good workaround….thoughts?

Ford Bronco MIC hard top wind noise reduction …best results so far - using rubber gasket strips 92FAFC34-6A35-4378-8731-88ADBEF7DBF9

Ford Bronco MIC hard top wind noise reduction …best results so far - using rubber gasket strips 1B6E5DBF-A3FF-46CC-A7B8-8168DD21ECCD

Last edited:

mlugb6ro

Badlands
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d Rubicon, escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this is where my wind noise is coming from on my 2dr. Hope to hear more about how it works for people. I'm planning on trying it.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are we spending so much time trying to figure this out?

Come on @Ford figure this out and fix it .

Sponsored

raghu4026

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

mtheawesomeone

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1 week in and for sure ordered this. At about 60mph I can clearly hear the breeze from the passenger pillar. Top is coming off hopefully this weekend.

NVRSETTL

Outer Banks
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang & 21 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m sorry but your photos totally lack perspective - I have no clear concept on where you applied the “product”. A shot from further away may give perspective.
Or maybe images with/without the “product”

Sponsored

Bacon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I dont have wind noise w my 4 door MIC but I do have squeeking type noise from the rear of the car when the MIC top is on, noticed when driving on slower on side roads/bumpy roads, particularly when hitting the bumps. I've always thought it stuff in the back rattling around, but now its completely empty in back and still making noise. Ive taken off the MIC top about 5 or 6 times, and bolts are going back on very tight. Middle and front panels are clamped down tight. Not sure where exactly its from in the rear. Anyone w this type of noise?

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dont have wind noise w my 4 door MIC but I do have squeeking type noise from the rear of the car when the MIC top is on, noticed when driving on slower on side roads/bumpy roads, particularly when hitting the bumps. I've always thought it stuff in the back rattling around, but now its completely empty in back and still making noise. Ive taken off the MIC top about 5 or 6 times, and bolts are going back on very tight. Middle and front panels are clamped down tight. Not sure where exactly its from in the rear. Anyone w this type of noise?
It’s probably the rear glass rubbing on the seals. Try treating the rear door and glass seals with Silicone spray. Mine was very noisy and this fixed it.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Everyone has or will have the noise. It’s usually the weatherstripping on the rear glass against the tailgate. Get some of this Krytox lube that ford recommends and lube the seals up.

Krytox by Chemours GPL 205 Grease, Pure PFPE/PTFE, 0.5 oz Tube (D10170248) https://a.co/d/2uGeNc0

if that doesn’t stop it, then it’s the mic on fender squeak that fiord has a tsb on. I did a write up here.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/squeak-coming-from-cargo-area-fixed-✅.42254/

raghu4026

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I tried this and the hack with pipe insulation from this post:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...d-top-owners-wind-noise-reduction-hack.46473/

I can confirm that all the annoying wind noise is gone. I can actually hear the engine, the turbo whistle during acceleration and things moving around in the trunk. Loving my Bronco again!

Thanks to @mountainbronco and @Geo2 for figuring this out!
Since I had some weather seal left over, I used it to fill the gap between front panels on the inside, seems to make a difference. My wife says that the wind buffetting is gone and her ears don't hurt anymore.
Ford Bronco MIC hard top wind noise reduction …best results so far - using rubber gasket strips front_panel_ga

mtheawesomeone

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used your method and for now the problem still exists when I hit about 60. I will have to have the wife drive with me in the back seat to try to locate the leak. Not a huge deal but annoying.
Sponsored