Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I did this using the products from the earlier post, and removed it all after a couple weeks. It actually made the noise worse for the front panels, and they did not sit level. I was going to investigate other weatherstripping options then just gave up on the MIC panels and got a Skyrider lol. Great work on finding a better solution for weatherstripping. I don't see pics of the panels installed, they still sit flush with this for you?
+1 on this.

Any chance you can post pics of the seals and how they sit?
Sponsored

OP
OP
BroncoWhisperer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco | '16 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did this using the products from the earlier post, and removed it all after a couple weeks. It actually made the noise worse for the front panels, and they did not sit level. I was going to investigate other weatherstripping options then just gave up on the MIC panels and got a Skyrider lol. Great work on finding a better solution for weatherstripping. I don't see pics of the panels installed, they still sit flush with this for you?
Flush fit was critical for me. The front panels took the most trial and error, particularly on the middle strip. Tried to get some pictures, but the panels do sit flush.
Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top Wind Noise Reduction - 2023 Edition - Plus Bonus Fix for Bad Adhesive 1674487887752

Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top Wind Noise Reduction - 2023 Edition - Plus Bonus Fix for Bad Adhesive 1674487926955

Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top Wind Noise Reduction - 2023 Edition - Plus Bonus Fix for Bad Adhesive 1674487949126

Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top Wind Noise Reduction - 2023 Edition - Plus Bonus Fix for Bad Adhesive 1674487969965

Front T-Joint
Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top Wind Noise Reduction - 2023 Edition - Plus Bonus Fix for Bad Adhesive 1674488470900

Front-Mid Split
Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top Wind Noise Reduction - 2023 Edition - Plus Bonus Fix for Bad Adhesive 1674488501555

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice write-up. It's too bad folks need to go through this trouble to fix an issue that shouldn't exist, but you've done an awesome and thorough job!

@Ford Motor Company - If you need help building MIC tops, please DM your VIN to @BroncoWhisperer

OP
OP
BroncoWhisperer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco | '16 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the most important thing that @Ford Motor Company should pay attention to is the adhesive issue I had at the front.
It's a 2023 Bronco delivered in December 2022 so that's a bit concerning on supplier quality.
I tried to document it well enough should they come across this.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Flush fit was critical for me. The front panels took the most trial and error, particularly on the middle strip. Tried to get some pictures, but the panels do sit flush.
Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top Wind Noise Reduction - 2023 Edition - Plus Bonus Fix for Bad Adhesive 1674488501555

Front T-Joint

Front-Mid Split
Those pics do look much better than my attempt with the amazon strips a few months ago. Great job. And I had the same adhesive issues on my early 21. Nice to see they stay consistent with the crappy quality lol.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really hope it's what @ADV Fiberglass is doing and that's why they are waiting for rubber :)
I was thinking the same thing. I'd much rather wait a bit longer and get a top where I don't need to fix it as soon as I get it.

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think I’ll look into getting the corners better sealed in summer after the rain in Seattle dies down, but redoing it all when my noise is at a relatively tame even at 70 is overkill. Really cool guide though op.

Think the 23 hard tops are a lot better than before pretty happy with it.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Much O-bliged OP. Gonna have to tackle this one when I have some down time this Spring when the top comes off more.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the most important thing that @Ford Motor Company should pay attention to is the adhesive issue I had at the front.
It's a 2023 Bronco delivered in December 2022 so that's a bit concerning on supplier quality.
I tried to document it well enough should they come across this.
Yeah, I believe my leak at the rear clamshell is because the adhesive didn't bond the weatherstripping to the MIC fully. It allows water to get in behind the weatherstrip and then migrate over and leaks out inside.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoWhisperer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco | '16 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think I’ll look into getting the corners better sealed in summer after the rain in Seattle dies down, but redoing it all when my noise is at a relatively tame even at 70 is overkill. Really cool guide though op.

Think the 23 hard tops are a lot better than before pretty happy with it.
Mine is a '23 also, so it might just be luck.
My top was unacceptable with anything around highway speed. Phone calls were pointless, no one could hear me. 3-5hr drives were exhausting just from the noise

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine is a '23 also, so it might just be luck.
My top was unacceptable with anything around highway speed. Phone calls were pointless, no one could hear me. 3-5hr drives were exhausting just from the noise
Yea I took my child one year old and wife on four hour one way drives across the border with no issue going up to 80-90 mph. I think it’s def a truck by truck basis. It’s def louder than a normal suv but not nearly as bad as your situation.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got it. I just ordered off amazon and will try this saturday and let you guys know.

Thanks for this write up. Great pics and super clear
As far as the Z strip, last Fall when I did all of these sound reducing measures I did add the Z strip. One of them did start coming off immediately. I redid them and used some sort of glue in addition to the sticky back that it already has and the second time it has been fine and has been about four moths now and has made it through the cold winter months thus far.

Maharba

Badlands
First Name
Matthias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bookmarked this thread. Just took delivery of mine this weekend, so I'll be keeping an ear out for noise. It's louder than my previous vehicle, but I was expecting such.

Thanks for the write up!
Sponsored