First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak; 2016 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For context, before the Bronco was release I told my wife that of lot of people who haven't been exposed to Jeep like vehicles were going to get one and be in for an unpleasant reality about the concessions of living with a 4x4 removable top/door vehicle, and typical jeep forum "turn up the radio" solutions were not going to be taken well.
This made me laugh, I can turn the radio up and drown out the wind noise with sub woofer rattle instead!
Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is why I garage my Bronco...

The hardtop is such a janky POS.

Stinger06

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They won't touch the top, out of warranty... Absolutely priceless. There's a whole thread on that and how it's my fault.

I added a lot of rubber insulation both tubing and weather stripping.
I'm going the same route tonight. EPDM rubber pipe insulation and weather stripping. How did yours turn out?

My hard top was added later. My Bronco was originally a soft top. Someone did a really nice job running all the lines but did not put a new switch in to make it all work. Ford will not cover under warranty so I am on my own on this one. I offered to pay for a new switch and the service advisor is avoiding me. There's more knowledge on here than at the dealer.

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think there really is an argument here. Most all of us HT owners would agree the HT is one of the single biggest failures on the Bronco. From the noise, leaks, cracks, honeycombing, discoloration, rear windows exploding...I could go on and on. It is what it is, I paid $695 (before price increase) for it and frankly that's about all its worth. We are seeing how third party vendors are making a much better product albeit for more $$. Now knock on wood my top has been decent so far, we shall see how long that lasts.
I have a 2-door big bend with a hard top on order. I am a bit nervous about what I'm going to experience with the hard top.
Speaking of Third party vendors, I found a video for BESTOP's Sunrider product.
I am wondering if this would resolve some of the issues with the hard top noise, at least coming from the two front removable panels? It's seems like a great idea for easy access to the top down and really good reviews.

https://www.bestop.com/products/sunrider-for-hardtop-ford-2021-2023-bronco-2021-2023-bronco-raptor/

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 2-door big bend with a hard top on order. I am a bit nervous about what I'm going to experience with the hard top.
Speaking of Third party vendors, I found a video for BESTOP's Sunrider product.
I am wondering if this would resolve some of the issues with the hard top noise, at least coming from the two front removable panels? It's seems like a great idea for easy access to the top down and really good reviews.

https://www.bestop.com/products/sunrider-for-hardtop-ford-2021-2023-bronco-2021-2023-bronco-raptor/
I can highly recommend the Sunrider, had one on my 2dr and now I have one on my 4dr. At best the Sunrider won't be any worse than the hard top panels, remember, it's still just a convertible top, a piece of cloth. Don't worry about the hard top, I've had 3 Broncos, a '21 2dr OBX, a '22 2dr BL, and now a '23 4dr WT. Honestly all three tops were different and I have to say the the tops got better every year from the aspect of noise. It's still a crap shoot though as is with any vehicle.
Sponsored