First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I owned my Bronco 4 door with the hard top for almost a year and my top never leaked, even going through the car wash with high speed dryers. And the windshield didn’t fly out or leak. 😁
The windshield recall is not because the fly out 🧐 the windshield is a structural part of the vehicle and was not adhered correctly which could affect the strength in a crash or possibly a wind noise
Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder why some are like this and others are fine. I have zero issues with my mic top. No wind noise or leaks. Then again I haven’t had a single issue with my truck.
Same - knock on wood

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

your ok with 1/8 - 1/4" gaps in gaskets on a truck that cost 50K? it sounds like a hair dryer in mine. Some Broncos do not, I test drove 2 soft tops before I got mine that did not have wind noise.... In fact I have a 29 Ford roadster with no roof and I think it has less of a wind noise.
I'm with you, if you're gonna spend all that money it should at least work as advertised. You've got every right to be UNHAPPY with the build of your vehicle. Total bullshit that it leaks. Doesn't have to be perfect, but damn it should be sound.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The windshield recall is not because the fly out 🧐 the windshield is a structural part of the vehicle and was not adhered correctly which could affect the strength in a crash or possibly a wind noise
I know, I was being sarcastic. I may buy another one down the road when the fix the issues.

JeffROK

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you think it has something to do with having the roof rack or not? Maybe having the roof rack adds a ton of wind noise. Anyone tried a before and after with and without the rack?
I had a roof rack and took it off after about a week. I didn't notice much difference with or without it. Fortunately I can't hear much wind noise over my tailgate squeak.

Sponsored

68 galaxie

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 galaxie /2017 f450 /2021 f150 / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
your ok with 1/8 - 1/4" gaps in gaskets on a truck that cost 50K? it sounds like a hair dryer in mine. Some Broncos do not, I test drove 2 soft tops before I got mine that did not have wind noise.... In fact I have a 29 Ford roadster with no roof and I think it has less of a wind noise.
I’ve got a 2022 OBX Sasquatch package with a roof rack. I’ve had a 2021 OBX Sasquatch package with a soft top. No leaks and the noise it what it is . I’ve \also got a 2021 4x4 F150 Laret that has all the confront and quiet ride I need. I purchased these vehicles because of their capabilities and history. Ask anyone that has owned or driven an old gen 1 or newer bronco. They are what they are..

OP
OP
mdfilip

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve got a 2022 OBX Sasquatch package with a roof rack. I’ve had a 2021 OBX Sasquatch package with a soft top. No leaks and the noise it what it is . I’ve \also got a 2021 4x4 F150 Laret that has all the confront and quiet ride I need. I purchased these vehicles because of their capabilities and history. Ask anyone that has owned or driven an old gen 1 or newer bronco. They are what they are..
Some people order food and when it comes out wrong they just look at it and eat it, some people send it back and get what they asked and will pay for. Does not matter if it’s McDonald’s or a high end steakhouse….I don’t just eat it.

68 galaxie

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With spit on it
Some people order food and when it comes out wrong they just look at it and eat it, some people send it back and get what they asked and will pay for. Does not matter if it’s McDonald’s or a high end steakhouse….I don’t just eat it.
food comes out with spit on it. this is not the same as food. You need to understand bronco ‘s history. I’m not saying every vehicles perfect but it sounds like you never have ownEd a previous Bronco or you do not do a lot of off roading. Are you are expecting to much . If you own a Shelby GT 350 you can’t hear anything but exhaust I’ve had one too.

68 galaxie

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With spit on it
food comes out with spit on it. this is not the same as food. You need to understand bronco ‘s history. I’m not saying every vehicles perfect but it sounds like you never have ownEd a previous Bronco or you do not do a lot of off roading. Are you are expecting to much . If you own a Shelby GT 350 you can’t hear anything but exhaust I’ve had one too.
When I get bad food I don’t go back. If you eat at McDonald’s you shouldn’t compare vehicles or complain about quality

Last edited:

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With spit on it
Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop 2.0 Wind Noise - Leaks Locations Found Farva_400x400

Sponsored
OP
OP
mdfilip

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyways mine will be fixed and will not have wind noise one way or another.

Also I have owned a old bronco when I was a kid and many wranglers over the years..... it's 2022 there is no excuse for this period.

Maybe some of you saying just live with it have not been in one that is like mine... Like I said I drove 2 soft top Broncos that were way nicer to drive without the wind noise mine has.

avanny

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For what it's worth, I spent a lot of time trying to understand why my Bronco had a lot of wind noise and my friends was silent as a mouse. I did all the mods (pool noodles, weather-stripping, foam, padding between top and vehicle, etc.). That all helped a lot - but my friends was still quieter and had none of that stuff.

What ultimately was the fix for me was reseating the window 'back' towards the rear of the vehicle. If you look at the driver/passenger window, notice how it overlaps with the gasket near the B pillar. Obviously that glass isn't supposed to 'touch' the B pillar, but it should be close(ish).

The gap between the window edge and pillar should be about a tenth of an inch. Mine was half an inch. This was letting a little tiny bit of wind in around the edge that made the cabin a lot more noisy than it needed to be.

Pro Tip: Put your finger between the edge of the window and the pillar. If your finger fits on the gasket (between the window and pillar) then your gap is too large.

I had to fight my dealer on this pretty hard because they told me it was impossible to move it 'back' more - until I showed them pictures of mine versus my friends with measuring tape on it.

Hope this helps!
Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop 2.0 Wind Noise - Leaks Locations Found 1668468127020

PS: I love that people that say "stop complaining about wind noise! Why did you even buy a bronco?!" - to you I say, I bought a Bronco so that I could do things; off road, overland, camp, have fun... but also to have a conversation at 60mph. I doubt you are experiencing the same 'wind noise' other people are.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For what it's worth, I spent a lot of time trying to understand why my Bronco had a lot of wind noise and my friends was silent as a mouse. I did all the mods (pool noodles, weather-stripping, foam, padding between top and vehicle, etc.). That all helped a lot - but my friends was still quieter and had none of that stuff.

What ultimately was the fix for me was reseating the window 'back' towards the rear of the vehicle. If you look at the driver/passenger window, notice how it overlaps with the gasket near the B pillar. Obviously that glass isn't supposed to 'touch' the B pillar, but it should be close(ish).

The gap between the window edge and pillar should be about a tenth of an inch. Mine was half an inch. This was letting a little tiny bit of wind in around the edge that made the cabin a lot more noisy than it needed to be.

Pro Tip: Put your finger between the edge of the window and the pillar. If your finger fits on the gasket (between the window and pillar) then your gap is too large.

I had to fight my dealer on this pretty hard because they told me it was impossible to move it 'back' more - until I showed them pictures of mine versus my friends with measuring tape on it.

Hope this helps!
Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop 2.0 Wind Noise - Leaks Locations Found 1668468127020

PS: I love that people that say "stop complaining about wind noise! Why did you even buy a bronco?!" - to you I say, I bought a Bronco so that I could do things; off road, overland, camp, have fun... but also to have a conversation at 60mph. I doubt you are experiencing the same 'wind noise' other people are.
Can you link to the process to move the window back?
Sponsored