First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what it's worth, I spent a lot of time trying to understand why my Bronco had a lot of wind noise and my friends was silent as a mouse. I did all the mods (pool noodles, weather-stripping, foam, padding between top and vehicle, etc.). That all helped a lot - but my friends was still quieter and had none of that stuff.

What ultimately was the fix for me was reseating the window 'back' towards the rear of the vehicle. If you look at the driver/passenger window, notice how it overlaps with the gasket near the B pillar. Obviously that glass isn't supposed to 'touch' the B pillar, but it should be close(ish).

The gap between the window edge and pillar should be about a tenth of an inch. Mine was half an inch. This was letting a little tiny bit of wind in around the edge that made the cabin a lot more noisy than it needed to be.

Pro Tip: Put your finger between the edge of the window and the pillar. If your finger fits on the gasket (between the window and pillar) then your gap is too large.

I had to fight my dealer on this pretty hard because they told me it was impossible to move it 'back' more - until I showed them pictures of mine versus my friends with measuring tape on it.

Hope this helps!
1668468127020.png

PS: I love that people that say "stop complaining about wind noise! Why did you even buy a bronco?!" - to you I say, I bought a Bronco so that I could do things; off road, overland, camp, have fun... but also to have a conversation at 60mph. I doubt you are experiencing the same 'wind noise' other people are.
awesome thanks I will look at mine in the morning to see what mine looks like.... it's dark out :confused: and cold🥶
Sponsored

avanny

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can you link to the process to move the window back?
All I did was take it to the Dealer and say "fix this". The pictures I gave them were proof enough to get their attention luckily.

That said, at first they claimed it was impossible and that the 'window can't go back any further'. Eventually they said "oh, actually you have a warped seal and after we replace that, the window WILL go back further". So a slight caveat there.

But in terms of window seating, I didn't do it myself so I can't provide a link

tshort

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2Dr, Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here’s a video describing window adjustments. I’m not sure I’m brave enough to try it. This is for up-and-down adjustment, but forward and back should be similar.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here’s a video describing window adjustments. I’m not sure I’m brave enough to try it. This is for up-and-down adjustment, but forward and back should be similar.

I’ve adjusted all my windows (for the window rattle and shake issues) and it’s not that bad. I let the dealer try first and that was a huge fail.

Here are the procedures.

Attachments

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve adjusted all my windows (for the window rattle and shake issues) and it’s not that bad. I let the dealer try first and that was a huge fail.

Here are the procedures.
That's so nice. Seems like that's not being caught in QC? At least now we know what the specs are.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's so nice. Seems like that's not being caught in QC? At least now we know what the specs are.
Ya if you haven’t noticed the Bronco has major QC issues then you haven’t been paying attention lol. Not every Bronco is built the same unfortunately.

My window issues were the violent shake when opening door. I got them adjusted pretty good for that. Now I’m going to have to look at that B pillar gap, as I have one of the Broncos you can’t hold a conversation on the highway.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya if you haven’t noticed the Bronco has major QC issues then you haven’t been paying attention lol. Not every Bronco is built the same unfortunately.

My window issues were the violent shake when opening door. I got them adjusted pretty good for that. Now I’m going to have to look at that B pillar gap, as I have one of the Broncos you can’t hold a conversation on the highway.
But I thought Quality was Job 1? </sarcasm>

I guess that died along with Robert. https://www.autoweek.com/news/a1849066/robert-cox-ad-man-behind-fords-quality-job-1-pitch-dies/

SLCBronco

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what it's worth, I spent a lot of time trying to understand why my Bronco had a lot of wind noise and my friends was silent as a mouse. I did all the mods (pool noodles, weather-stripping, foam, padding between top and vehicle, etc.). That all helped a lot - but my friends was still quieter and had none of that stuff.

What ultimately was the fix for me was reseating the window 'back' towards the rear of the vehicle. If you look at the driver/passenger window, notice how it overlaps with the gasket near the B pillar. Obviously that glass isn't supposed to 'touch' the B pillar, but it should be close(ish).

The gap between the window edge and pillar should be about a tenth of an inch. Mine was half an inch. This was letting a little tiny bit of wind in around the edge that made the cabin a lot more noisy than it needed to be.

Pro Tip: Put your finger between the edge of the window and the pillar. If your finger fits on the gasket (between the window and pillar) then your gap is too large.

I had to fight my dealer on this pretty hard because they told me it was impossible to move it 'back' more - until I showed them pictures of mine versus my friends with measuring tape on it.

Hope this helps!
1668468127020.png

PS: I love that people that say "stop complaining about wind noise! Why did you even buy a bronco?!" - to you I say, I bought a Bronco so that I could do things; off road, overland, camp, have fun... but also to have a conversation at 60mph. I doubt you are experiencing the same 'wind noise' other people are.
What does the front of that window look like when the window is shifted back that far?

Sponsored

robinhehexd

Outer Banks
First Name
ROBIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know there are many threads already about wind noise and water leaks with these MIC removable tops and using foam and weather seals to mask or improve the issues.

First lets talk about "road noise" and "wind noise", tow totally different things. These roofs are thin so they can be easily removed which we all like but with this comes road noise and is really not bad at all considering. Wind noise is caused by small gaps in weather seals, glass or misaligned panels. Sometimes gaps causing wind noise can also cause water leaks.

Ok so we are talking "wind noise". I was a auto technician for 29 years and have experience with figuring out these type of issues and after picking up my Bronco I was hoping for the best but as soon as I went over 45 mph I could hear "wind noise"... then hit the highway heading home and the wind noise was unacceptable for any vehicle never mind a 50K+ vehicle. My Bronco spend many days and multiple visits back to the dealer to solve the problem. They changed the front gasket about the windshield the roof panels rest on, they removable roof panel gaskets, did the windshield recall to reseal it and could not improve the "wind noise" even after speaking with Ford tech the dealer did not have anything else to try and suggested I contact Ford directly so I picked up the Bronco and figured I would take another look myself.

This is the first problem I found using a light from the side. The dealer changed these roof panel gaskets and the gap is better but still leaks.
IMG_7501 2.JPG

IMG_7502 2.JPG

Now is a series of pictures I took today and I found all of these leaks in less than 1/2 hour. I used a smoke machine, but if you do not have access to one I will explain how to find them without.

Using a smoke machine start the vehicle and place the fan speed to high and also make sure your climate setting is for fresh air not recirculate. Then close all doors and windows this will create pressure inside and using a smoke machine from outside the vehicle run smoke over the gaskets, door seals, window seals and so on and you will see turbulence in the smoke where there is a leak.

No smoke machine no problem. Same as about but also put the A/C on and get it cold, again make sure it's not on recirculate. Get a wet rag or paper towel and wet the back of your hand with the rag. Now run the back of your hand about 1/2" away from the gaskets, door seals, window seals or where ever you suspect a air leak. No leak your hand will be warm as soon as there is air leaking you will feel the cool air and be able to pin point the problem area.

Check all these areas.

IMG_8651.JPG

IMG_8652.JPG

IMG_8653.JPG

IMG_8654.JPG

IMG_8655.JPG

IMG_8656.JPG

IMG_8657.JPG

The removable front panels are about 1/4" higher than the rear roof and I do not really see much adjustment to align them but I did not find any leaks on top of the roof, but I believe these panels need to be tightened down to align properly.

IMG_8658.JPG

IMG_8659.JPG

I do have someone from Ford working with me now, I contacted them from a previous thread but my Bronco will have to return to the dealer for them to assist. I will be making another appointment and I will update this post on what is done.
I'm think about putting some weather stripping towards the back, where the back shell meets the paint

tshort

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2Dr, Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base

Here are the procedures.
The procedure for the front window says that the gap between the rear side of the window and the B pillar is 10 mm (0.393 in) +/-2.6 mm (0.102 in). Mine are 11 and 12 mm. So, it looks like that's in spec but still leaky. In @avany's fix, that gap looks like 3/16 in (4.8 mm), so that's less than spec. Hmm.

OP
OP
mdfilip

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not true.... ever think maybe some of us have a real issue and you don't. Mine sounds like a window is open
Sponsored