First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I guess what's disappointing about this is even though ford will hopefully fix a lot of issues with the introduction of the MOD top, that still potentially leaves the weather stripping as a completely separate issue that needs to be addressed.

Hopefully this will eventually get better over time.... but this right here and so much more is why i'm in the never buy a brand new vehicle model camp.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Keep the pressure on. My local dealer won’t mess with it. Ford has denied every warranty issue they have submitted for MIC top. They won’t even try anymore.
This was half the reason I sold my 21. Even with poor sealing, sharp edges, and blisters in the outer surface I wasn't convinced Ford would do the right thing.

Wonder why some are like this and others are fine. I have zero issues with my mic top. No wind noise or leaks. Then again I haven’t had a single issue with my truck.
Go buy a Powerball ticket.

Sounds like you need to buy an Explorer or an Expedition . Broncos we’re never meant to be a luxury vehicle. But they have given us a taste of both worlds. Just be happy
Sealing the outside from the inside isn't a luxury, it's a basic function of an automobile. Some of these are pretty bad. Wasps could get through mine.

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 2 door is more quiet than expected.
That will change when top is taken off!
I have not illusions of my Bronco ever being a quiet ride.
This is not an Escalade, (Cadillac).

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This was half the reason I sold my 21. Even with poor sealing, sharp edges, and blisters in the outer surface I wasn't convinced Ford would do the right thing.

Sealing the outside from the inside isn't a luxury, it's a basic function of an automobile. Some of these are pretty bad. Wasps could get through mine.

But, but, but, its not a Cadillac! Its supposed to have huge gaps that let in the wind and elements, its a rugged offroader!!! This is one thing Jeeps are missing with their basic, functional, hardtops!

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol. Have never bought a lotto ticket and never plan on it. See enough dumb people at the gas station spending $16 bucks on lotto, then the other $4 on gas with a kid in the car to boot.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seriously, what do people expect? This is not and never will be a quiet car on the freeway. Get over it, turn up the radio, buy earplugs or go buy a different car.
The wind noise on some of these tops is absolutely unlivable, it is really that bad for some of us. Mine was particularly bad, like above 80 db loud wind noise. It made having a conversation difficult, I couldn't even hear the radio below 15... and needed to run it around 20 to understand voices from a variety of different videos. I can now actually listen comfortably at levels as low as 10-15 depending on the content.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A one piece top, and doors with framed window would solve the majority of the wind noise issues. Ours is fairly loud, about 10x louder than any 66-77 bronco I've ever owned or been in, and that's nearly 60yo technology. Full tops and doors are removable on the 66-77 and can be reinstalled without leakage issues. I'd buy a once piece top and framed doors in a heart beat if they were offered a 22'. We live on dirt roads, the amount of dirt we get inside is incredible, especially in the back seat hea rests and cargo area. I've tried to plug all the placed I could see daylight through, and it's helped some but not like it should be.

OP
OP
mdfilip

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The wind noise on some of these tops is absolutely unlivable, it is really that bad for some of us. Mine was particularly bad, like above 80 db loud wind noise. It made having a conversation difficult, I couldn't even hear the radio below 15... and needed to run it around 20 to understand voices from a variety of different videos. I can now actually listen comfortably at levels as low as 10-15 depending on the content.
did they replace your top or did you add weather stripping?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
did they replace your top or did you add weather stripping?
They won't touch the top, out of warranty... Absolutely priceless. There's a whole thread on that and how it's my fault.

I added a lot of rubber insulation both tubing and weather stripping.

Sponsored

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine only has one really noticeable wind leak. Its worse on days with a crosswind. Sounds like its coming from behind the rear passenger where the rear shell meets the bronco. Maybe up towards the top. I have 4 door by the way. Its not horrible, but if i got that fixed it would be pretty quiet. Ill have to try these tips in spring.

OP
OP
mdfilip

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They won't touch the top, out of warranty... Absolutely priceless. There's a whole thread on that and how it's my fault.

I added a lot of rubber insulation both tubing and weather stripping.
why the heck is it out of warranty? I started complaining and documenting visits with the deal they day I got off the highway heading home from my 645 day wait for this thing and I have Ford ESP premium care and if the void my warranty I may end up on the news

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
why the heck is it out of warranty? I started complaining and documenting visits with the deal they day I got off the highway heading home from my 645 day wait for this thing and I have Ford ESP premium care and if the void my warranty I may end up on the news
Premium care, which I have, will not cover the top. I was being the nice guy initially and figured it was $20 in materials to fix. That was until the top cracked... long story short, I didn't have opportunity to get to the dealer before hitting 36k miles (on a Sunday with a 365 mile drive to make). Sorry, so sad, too bad. The roof is a "trim" piece and not covered... (I have 6 year 150k mile premium care). The vehicle wasn't even a year old.

sgriffin911

Outer Banks
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX "Largo" + 7 other Fords 1964-2019
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No issues with mine, no wind noise no leaks. Had it 8 months.
Me too, only had mine 2 months, but no top issues. I listen to the radio between 6-8 any more and it is too loud.
Sponsored