First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m debating on waiting for the shadow black modular top but I will not wait if the difference between the two is only the color. I am so confused on this - I hear the modular has side windows that can be removed and the MIC doesn’t etc.
My dealer claims the only difference is color but I’m not too confident in their level of knowledge on anything Bronco.

Can someone please provide me with this info? Right now I have my deposit in for a Badlands Squatch in Area 51. I have a 7/17/20 reservation so pretty early and I don’t want to wait for a top that is no different other than color. I can always get the top painted - and the mirrors and fenders while I’m at it.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m debating on waiting for the shadow black modular top but I will not wait if the difference between the two is only the color. I am so confused on this - I hear the modular has side windows that can be removed and the MIC doesn’t etc.
My dealer claims the only difference is color but I’m not too confident in their level of knowledge on anything Bronco.

Can someone please provide me with this info? Right now I have my deposit in for a Badlands Squatch in Area 51. I have a 7/17/20 reservation so pretty early and I don’t want to wait for a top that is no different other than color. I can always get the top painted - and the mirrors and fenders while I’m at it.
@ZackDanger Have your screenshot handy? It will save us all some time.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got so tired of this, I saved a copy also.
Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop vs Modular Painted tops
That works. I didn't want to deprive Zack of an increased post count since he has championed the effort on correcting incorrect information between the MIC and Modular tops.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That works. I didn't want to deprive Zack of an increased post count since he has championed the effort on correcting incorrect information between the MIC and Modular tops.
I jus want the top of the thing to be painted same colour as the body. Not much to ask haha. How long till this actually happens. Sucks we have to keep debating about this

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I jus want the top of the thing to be painted same colour as the body. Not much to ask haha. How long till this actually happens. Sucks we have to keep debating about this
Body color mod top is MY22. Unless you are getting your Bronco in black in which case the Shadow Black Mod top will work for your needs for MY21.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Beach_Bum @Bronc-O

Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop vs Modular Painted 1ECB0F1E-ED22-4AE8-AA4E-1BC00AC6D2DA

I... I got.... I got.... I got here....... I got here as fast.... as I could......

did.... did I miss it?
Not at all. You know more than anyone that the race to dispel confusion on the MIC/MOD tops will never end.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The dual top option which includes the MIC top now states “available late 2021”. Are there others debating just ordering the MIC for now and getting a soft top later from Ford or aftermarket? I’d hate to hold up my order just for that.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dual top option which includes the MIC top now states “available late 2021”. Are there others debating just ordering the MIC for now and getting a soft top later from Ford or aftermarket? I’d hate to hold up my order just for that.
In other threads, yes. If you aren't considering the modular top, then I would just get the MIC and order the soft top later. Just order direct from the manufacturer. You don't need a factory warranty on a soft top. The manufacturer will have their own warranty and will likely be a cheaper option ordering direct then through Ford parts counter.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Shadow Black modular top also states available late 2021.

Engineer Pass

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't think That I would ever buy a black car in the Texas heat, but a shadow black OBX with black top, wheel molding, mirrors and black grill, roast and black leather interior, Bronze dash, and bronze painted BRONCO grill lettering would look pretty rich.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't think That I would ever buy a black car in the Texas heat, but a shadow black OBX with black top, wheel molding, mirrors and black grill, roast and black leather interior, Bronze dash, and bronze painted BRONCO grill lettering would look pretty rich.
That's my exact build and I'm in Phoenix.?

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To be clear, SMC does not stand for sheet metal, correct? It's another type of composite?
Sponsored