Mic/soft top delays

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just converted my order which is for a fully loaded BL SQ 4 door. Surprised to hear the only delay/constraint is due to the mic/soft top combo option. I asked the GM at the dealer if they could simply fulfill the order ASAP with the top that is available and ship the constraint top when it becomes available. He said they can’t do that, they have to complete the order. This sounds crazy to me, it’s not like I’m asking for a truck without a required component. Build the truck with the mic and ship me the soft top when it’s available. Can anyone explain this to me?
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Too much to ship. It would be a logistics nightmare!!!!!!!

Reactions: RG7

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

can you change your order to just have the MIC top? Then go to parts department and order the soft top separately? Hopefully that would accomplish your goal.
That's what I was thinking. I don't think the GM understood what he was being ask.

Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ehh I wouldn't rely on what your dealer thinks. I'm sure they mean well but they don't seem to be fully informed.

Zeno

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Defender Trophy Edition, 20 Ranger, 911SC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just ordered the MIC top to avoid the potential delay. Right now my only deadly sin is LUX.

By the way, unless things have changed , the SQ is also a deadly sin and could cause delays.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just ordered the MIC top to avoid the potential delay. Right now my only deadly sin is LUX.

By the way, unless things have changed , the SQ is also a deadly sin and could cause delays.
The dual top is "late availability" so it *will* cause a delay.

The 6-deadly are just restrained, so they may or may not cause a delay... all depends on how many people order them, how fast they can produce them, and where you are a person is in the build order.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The combo dual top option, I think is cheaper than ordering the vehicle with the MIC and separately ordering a soft top from the dealer. Probably due to shipping separately.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just converted my order which is for a fully loaded BL SQ 4 door. Surprised to hear the only delay/constraint is due to the mic/soft top combo option. I asked the GM at the dealer if they could simply fulfill the order ASAP with the top that is available and ship the constraint top when it becomes available. He said they can’t do that, they have to complete the order. This sounds crazy to me, it’s not like I’m asking for a truck without a required component. Build the truck with the mic and ship me the soft top when it’s available. Can anyone explain this to me?
I had seen that the rationale for making it late availability was that demand would fully meet all available supply for both tops in MY21, so to send out dual tops on one vehicle they would be sacrificing a top that could get another vehicle out the door. As Webasto gets up and going with the new factory, they can increase the supply to accommodate the builds. I don't know of any factory part that Ford has agreed to ship to customers, so that's a non-starter.

Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The combo dual top option, I think is cheaper than ordering the vehicle with the MIC and separately ordering a soft top from the dealer. Probably due to shipping separately.
That is what I was thinking. I was also thinking they should be giving people credits for the difference in price if they choose to purchase because of the delays.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name