Sponsored

MIC sound deadener headliner - standard on BL or option?

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

trying to finalize order - showing on B and P as standard on BL and also as an option - anyone with a 2 door BL know the answer?
Thanks
Sponsored

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When they first announced it as a $0 item, it was standard on all models that did not have MGV and a washout floor and an option for those with MGV/washout floor. So, for my BL with MGV, I made them add it to the order form as I was afraid I wouldn't get it if they didn't. I'm not sure if any of that changed over the last year.

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The sound deadening was initially an option for 2021 then they through it in for everyone when the MIC hardtop issues originally surfaced. Not sure if that carried on for 2022

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's Standard for all hardtops except for the BL and BD with MGV Seats and washout floors for the it has to be added but it is a free option still when added. I have it on mine but i had to add it as an option.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Actually it may be included on some trims and not on others but it is a ā€œfreeā€ option...if it doesnā€™t show on the build sheet ya must add it If ya want it.

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Actually it may be included on some trims and not on others but it is a ā€œfreeā€ option...if it doesnā€™t show on the build sheet ya must add it If ya want it.
For the 2021 models it showed up as "SOUND DEADENING HEADLINER - NO CHARGE". I had ordered it for mine, but they were supposed to include it with all MIC hard tops.
Ford Bronco MIC sound deadener headliner - standard on BL or option? Options

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When they first announced it as a $0 item, it was standard on all models that did not have MGV and a washout floor and an option for those with MGV/washout floor. So, for my BL with MGV, I made them add it to the order form as I was afraid I wouldn't get it if they didn't. I'm not sure if any of that changed over the last year.
100% correct.

The sound deadening was initially an option for 2021 then they through it in for everyone when the MIC hardtop issues originally surfaced. Not sure if that carried on for 2022
No, only on certain models.

It's Standard for all hardtops except for the BL and BD with MGV Seats and washout floors for the it has to be added but it is a free option still when added. I have it on mine but i had to add it as an option.
100% correct

correct-ish (vague)

For the 2021 models it showed up as "SOUND DEADENING HEADLINER - NO CHARGE". I had ordered it for mine, but they were supposed to include it with all MIC hard tops.
Ford Bronco MIC sound deadener headliner - standard on BL or option? Options
False, had to order it (at zero cost) on BL and BD, as notated in several posts. Above 50% correct in total, I think that is a record for a thread on here!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For fun it's a free option on the Raptor with MGV

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
trying to finalize order - showing on B and P as standard on BL and also as an option - anyone with a 2 door BL know the answer?
Thanks
One of the benefits of the Badlands is the option to hose out the interior. If you ever envision yourself doing this with the top on, leave the liner off (default). If it's unlikely you'll hose out your vehicle with the top on and you think you'll appreciate some minor sound deadening, add it. No cost either way AFAIK.

Johnny Bronco CO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ7, CJ8, F250, GT350, Demon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does sound deadening headliner come on the driver and passenger roof panels? Mine came with it only above the rear section of the hard top (2door)

Sponsored

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does sound deadening headliner come on the driver and passenger roof panels? Mine came with it only above the rear section of the hard top (2door)
Mine has it in both areas.

Shronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ML 350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm confused and unsure about what should have come installed on my Badlands with MGV seats.

During the build of my order I opted for MIC roof and added the headliner (see below from my build copy).
Ford Bronco MIC sound deadener headliner - standard on BL or option? Deadliner

When I received my car, I was surprised to see that the headliner is missing. I asked my sales rep, he mentioned that it is not a feature that is shown in the window sticker (which is true and I obviously thought this feature wouldn't have explicitly stated in the window sticker when I first received my VIN from Ford).
But I showed him the copy of my build and mentioned I wanted the headliner. He spoke to his manager and they contacted the Ford rep. I was told, the Ford rep informed that they do not have these in stock and so decided not to add that feature. Why wasn't I notified about it?:confused:

I then asked the sales rep, when item is available, can I get the headliner be added free of charge.. I was told NO, I have to pay for the item and installation:mad::mad:

Of course I was not happy and decided about even pulling off from the deal at that time, but of course decided not to do that. I really want the headliner as I think its a looks appealing than the bare roof and I have no plans of washing the roof.

Last edited:

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

...I asked my sales rep, he mentioned that it is not a feature that is shown in the window sticker (which is true and I obviously thought this feature wouldn't have explicitly stated in the window sticker when I first received my VIN from Ford).
I just checked my window sticker and there is definitely a line item that says "Sound Deadening Headliner - No Charge".

I don't know how much it helps, it's still pretty loud at speed, especially if there is a cross wind.

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked for it when I ordered but itā€™s not showing on my WS. I hope it has it still. That or my salesman messed up.

Shronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ML 350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just checked my window sticker and there is definitely a line item that says "Sound Deadening Headliner - No Charge".

I don't know how much it helps, it's still pretty loud at speed, especially if there is a cross wind.
Thank you for checking that. I wish I knew to check this feature when I got my window sticked, but I don't know if I could have done anything to change that, as I had already added this part of my build.

Understood it might not help reducing the sound, but definitely looks appealing with the headliner installed.
Sponsored