John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, after a little over two weeks and 550 miles since delivery, I decided to get the dust off the Bronco. Temps have been cold, today was single digits. I park in my garage at night that I keep around 70 degrees. So this afternoon I decided to run it through my go-to car wash, a touchless place close to home.

I won't lie, I was nervous. I brought towels with me and had nothing in the cup holders just in case.

I am happy to report zero issues! No leaks! My top has a primer date sticker of 10/14.

Just wanted to share since there is a lot of concern. I know this isn't the best test, but we won't have rain until April so it's all I have.

20211128_120546.jpg

20211128_120920.jpg

20211128_121146.jpg

20211128_122534.jpg

20211128_122542.jpg

20211128_122837.jpg
Hey Russ, thanks for the post. I run my Lincoln Nautilus through the car wash at least once or twice per week. I'm hoping to be able to do the same with my Bronco (if I ever get it). Looks like you're still using the same mud flaps you posted about recently. Are you still going to change them? I've seen many vehicles with mud flaps that don't look bad at all. The ones that look awkward are the ones that look like they belong on an 18 wheeler.
Sponsored

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been through a couple times with my MIC 2.0 top. I actually have a spot you can see daylight through and still have never gotten any spray inside.

20211101_094820.jpg
wtf? That opening seems ridiculous

Reactions: jxc

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should really not take a soft top through a car wash at all you are ruining the top. It's a hand wash only situation
Yes, you're the four hundred and twenty seventh person to tell me. I only intend to keep the soft top long enough until a MIC is orderable.

Sponsored

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, you're the four hundred and twenty seventh person to tell me. I only intend to keep the soft top long enough until a MIC is orderable.
I wouldnt wait on ford for a mic. I've seen some aftermarket hard tops that seem interesting

Screenshot_20211129-123447_Instagram.jpg

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldnt wait on ford for a mic. I've seen some aftermarket hard tops that seem interesting
I actually wanted the modular originally. I'm keeping an eye on ADV Fiberglass since they're a short drive from here.

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a MIC 2.0 and it leaks. Its a slow and low water issue due to drainage and not a short term high velocity water issue. Had leaks from a light but long term rain over two days. Now in MN it's freezing so we wait until spring I guess.
I hand washed mine this weekend for the first time and the slow, extended period of water sitting causing a leak theory makes a lot of sense to me after. I didn't wash the top with soap and a sponge, I just rinsed it and toweled it off at the end. When I got up there (had to use a step stool lol) I realized the design of the top makes it so the water just sits and pools up there. The edges on the top are raised so the water can't run off and down the sides of the car. In my case, probably due to how I was parked and the pitch of my driveway, there was basically a big puddle of water on the roof panel covering the passenger seats. The water was mostly pooling by the seam/ledge where that panel meets the panels over the front seat.

Now I didn't have any water get into the cabin but I also dried the top quickly. However, it became very apparent that this could easily cause a leak if the car is sitting outside during a long period of rain. Unless it's perfectly sealed, the water is going to go somewhere. There are so many nooks and crevasses on this thing that it seems bound to happen. I really think Ford is going to have to fully redesign how the water drains off the top or at least figure out a way to direct water off the top instead of pooling like it is.

On an unrelated side note.... this beast is a total pain to hand wash lol. It'll be getting the automatic car wash treatment going forward. It took 3x the amount of time, product, energy and towels as everything else I own.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would prefer a solid roof that doesn't come off. I've had my fill of convertibles and sunroofs. :cool:

Sponsored
OP
OP
AKBronc49

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Russ, thanks for the post. I run my Lincoln Nautilus through the car wash at least once or twice per week. I'm hoping to be able to do the same with my Bronco (if I ever get it). Looks like you're still using the same mud flaps you posted about recently. Are you still going to change them? I've seen many vehicles with mud flaps that don't look bad at all. The ones that look awkward are the ones that look like they belong on an 18 wheeler.
I do plan on changing them, but the weather has been good in the fact its been so cold there is no road spray of any kind and they have been putting out more sand than gravel so it's not top on my priority list at the moment. I will get some measurements today for the flaps I used, they are stored outside and it's only 3* right now so I'm avoiding it 😂

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do plan on changing them, but the weather has been good in the fact its been so cold there is no road spray of any kind and they have been putting out more sand than gravel so it's not top on my priority list at the moment. I will get some measurements today for the flaps I used, they are stored outside and it's only 3* right now so I'm avoiding it 😂
Stay inside! I don't even have a vehicle yet. You'll probably be cutting the grass by the time my truck comes in. I'm sure Ford, or an aftermarket supplier, will come up with a good solution for those of us with running boards and the Sasquatch package. From the threads that I've read, a lot of us are intending to install mud flaps. We just want a product that looks like it's original equipment and not an after thought. Stay warm and be well!

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, after a little over two weeks and 550 miles since delivery, I decided to get the dust off the Bronco. Temps have been cold, today was single digits. I park in my garage at night that I keep around 70 degrees. So this afternoon I decided to run it through my go-to car wash, a touchless place close to home.

I won't lie, I was nervous. I brought towels with me and had nothing in the cup holders just in case.

I am happy to report zero issues! No leaks! My top has a primer date sticker of 10/14.

Just wanted to share since there is a lot of concern. I know this isn't the best test, but we won't have rain until April so it's all I have.

Ford Bronco MIC Top 2.0 vs Touchless Car Wash - Video & Results 20211105_165158

Where is the primer sticker located on the MIC top? Could you please share a picture? Thanks!

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I was intrigued…but $9250?! Ridiculous.
Sponsored