AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as I can see everything is installed and latched correctly. I did bring it back to the dealer last week after it leaked again. They took it for the day and said they fixed it??

It's pouring out today. Fingers crossed when I leave work that it's dry.
I wasnt trying to imply you did not install it correctly, just trying to find a reason it could be leaking. I know I have thrown the roof back on several times quickly and it was not seated correctly to where I had to readjust.
Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Originally the dealership tried telling me that Ford design it this way. "It has rubberized buttons and washout floors because it's going to leak" šŸ˜‚
IMO, stop going to that dealership. you've spent thousands on your new car and if they are laughing or not taking your issue seriously, i'd never go back. have someone who actually looks after your car.

Shelli

Black Diamond
First Name
Shelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone else have their MIC top leaking? I had my 2 Door Black Diamond parked in the rain all day today. I came out to water leaking in through the middle seem of my hard top into the electronics above the rear view mirror. I have had no issues driving in a rain storm yet.

Anyone else experience this?
PXL_20210823_212916052~2.jpg
PXL_20210823_211259226~2.jpg
I also have a 2 door black Diamond and itā€™s leaking in the exact some spot when it rains really hard. My dealer is ordering me a new seal but Iā€™m still waiting to get it and see if that fixes the problem.

First Name
Trav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have had zero issues with our hard top and we live in Newfoundland where the weather pretty much sucks all the time. Did have some minor squeaking but some heat shrink and 10 ten minutes with a heat gun the problem was fixed

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had my 2dr black diamond for almost 4 months now and just had my first leak last week. It sat in a parking lot for an entire day of rain and when I got in and started driving I had one drop run down the inside of the back window, and maybe a tablespoon of water pour out of the area above the aux switches when I accelerated. The rest of the drive in the rain was fine and haven't had a leak since that day. I've taken it through touchless car washes multiple times since delivery and have not had an issue, including one wash a few days after the leak. If it happens more often I'll look at replacing the seal, but for now I'm not concerned.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LordElberon

LordElberon

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I also have a 2 door black Diamond and itā€™s leaking in the exact some spot when it rains really hard. My dealer is ordering me a new seal but Iā€™m still waiting to get it and see if that fixes the problem.
Yes. The seal should fix it, at least it fixed it for me. FIngers crossed for you.

Analog Kid

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same. After sitting in two days of light NorCal rain, when I backed out of the driveway this sunny afternoon I got a cascade of water down through the overhead mic/light panel. Car has <700 miles. Exceptional bullshit given this is the MIC 2.0 (or supposed to be). Just pulled roof panels for the first time and they are almost bone dry except for some very, very slight moisture in a few channels, but got this obviously flawed adhesive situation going on. That white glue on the bottom pic is super tacky and only on one panel, so either the wrong stuff or was never allowed to set properly in the first place. Calling dealer for warranty resolution ASAP.
Ford Bronco MIC top 2 door Black Diamond leaking while parked in the rain IMG_20220415_151009293
Ford Bronco MIC top 2 door Black Diamond leaking while parked in the rain IMG_20220415_153531387

Ford Bronco MIC top 2 door Black Diamond leaking while parked in the rain IMG_20220415_153536534

Ford Bronco MIC top 2 door Black Diamond leaking while parked in the rain IMG_20220415_154041147_HDR

IMG_20220415_151009293.jpg

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you have a light bar by chance. When you put a light bar on and if you tie into the power above the window. You have to drill a hole. But some people don't realize you have to put some silicone on that to reseal it. Just a thought. I have the same vehicle been through car wash and a couple rain storms. Knock on wood no problems.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think ford should spring for free bestops for anyone with a hard top until the new hard tops are avaible. I do t have much faith in the new tops when there ready either
Thatā€™s a funny joke.

OP
OP
LordElberon

LordElberon

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same. After sitting in two days of light NorCal rain, when I backed out of the driveway this sunny afternoon I got a cascade of water down through the overhead mic/light panel. Car has <700 miles. Exceptional bullshit given this is the MIC 2.0 (or supposed to be). Just pulled roof panels for the first time and they are almost bone dry except for some very, very slight moisture in a few channels, but got this obviously flawed adhesive situation going on. That white glue on the bottom pic is super tacky and only on one panel, so either the wrong stuff or was never allowed to set properly in the first place. Calling dealer for warranty resolution ASAP.
Ford Bronco MIC top 2 door Black Diamond leaking while parked in the rain IMG_20220415_151009293

I believe it is a missing or defective seal. My dealership replaced it and it has not leaked since. That was last Fall.

Sponsored

Analog Kid

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I believe it is a missing or defective seal. My dealership replaced it and it has not leaked since. That was last Fall.
Thanks - that's encouraging. We had a hard rain again last night and no leaking this morning. Maybe just needed to be reseated, I hope? We'll see what the dealer says/does.

Analog Kid

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do you have a light bar by chance. When you put a light bar on and if you tie into the power above the window. You have to drill a hole. But some people don't realize you have to put some silicone on that to reseal it. Just a thought. I have the same vehicle been through car wash and a couple rain storms. Knock on wood no problems.
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have a light bar.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My fear is that the water is running down inside the pillar so you would never know there was a leak until you started having electrical problems? I had a small leak at the A pillar a few months ago and I have wondered about it ever since. Time will tell, I guess.
Sponsored