Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine all of the water leaking into the vehicles on dirt mountain right now...yikes

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone that received theirs will get their tops replaced right?

Id be totally happy to switch spots with someone who received theirs with a faulty top and awaiting a replacement. I'll even bring a tarp with me everywhere I go lol

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Decision made. WT softy for MY22 - Modular in 2023.

OP
OP
LordElberon

LordElberon

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same thing happened to me.

brought it to the dealer.

they said they fixed it, but not how.

next time it rained it didnā€™t leak šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Plus it will be replaced hopefully before snow šŸ¤žšŸ¼
Would love to know what they did. Any chance you could find out or post your dealership's name?

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My first JEEP was a hard top (2 door JK) - leaked constantly as in this one - right over the electronics and dash. Second Rubicon was a soft top - best JEEP I owned next to my '48 Willys - but it doesn't have a top. LOL
I had one Freedom panel that developed the ability to fill up with water when parked uphill in the rain. Like you could hear water sloshing inside the panel. I finally found the micro crack where it was letting the water in and siliconed it.

Removeable roofs have wind and water leaks. What's worse is even if they don't while your vehicle is in warranty, they probably will eventually.

Anyway, as far as the @LordElberon is concerned, I would take the top off - check the PSA on the two bolts into the safety bar at the front of the clamshell - and then check the windshield header and gasket for anything that looks like it will let water in, or block water from draining out of the header channel. Check the bolts hold the clamps or dogs onto the panels. Then reinstall the front panels being very careful to follow the directions. (for example in a Jeep there is an order in which to clamp the panels on). The dealer should be doing this, but even if they did, I would too.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I sit and read all the comments and issues with hard tops, the leaking issues, I have to ask are you sure it is installed correct? Latches are tight, seams lined up? They could be just what goes thru my mind. I have had my hardtop since June and I have had ZERO issues. No leaking, whistling, honeycombing nothing. I park my bronco out front of the dealership everyday so it is exposed as much as any vehicle to the weather. Being in OH that means it changes daily! Last couple of days we have had 5+ in of rain. Steady rain. Zero issues!
Maybe I am just the lucky šŸ€ one?

will some leak obviously we see that but the majority of top issues are cosmetic. The DM broncos (majority) will have no issues. It would be the same as sitting on a dealers lot, the back 40, precovid when excess stock sat for weeks maybe months without being moved or sold. I currently have serval vehicles thathave been on my lot for since end of June

all those DM broncos will be inspected again before they are shipped. Ford will not fix 1 problem just to ship with others. At least I would hope not! šŸ¤žšŸ»

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bestop stock is going through the roof with all of the people not wanting to risk a hard top and switching to a softy. LOL

OP
OP
LordElberon

LordElberon

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As I sit and read all the comments and issues with hard tops, the leaking issues, I have to ask are you sure it is installed correct? Latches are tight, seams lined up? They could be just what goes thru my mind. I have had my hardtop since June and I have had ZERO issues. No leaking, whistling, honeycombing nothing. I park my bronco out front of the dealership everyday so it is exposed as much as any vehicle to the weather. Being in OH that means it changes daily! Last couple of days we have had 5+ in of rain. Steady rain. Zero issues!
Maybe I am just the lucky šŸ€ one?

will some leak obviously we see that but the majority of top issues are cosmetic. The DM broncos (majority) will have no issues. It would be the same as sitting on a dealers lot, the back 40, precovid when excess stock sat for weeks maybe months without being moved or sold. I currently have serval vehicles thathave been on my lot for since end of June

all those DM broncos will be inspected again before they are shipped. Ford will not fix 1 problem just to ship with others. At least I would hope not! šŸ¤žšŸ»

As far as I can see everything is installed and latched correctly. I did bring it back to the dealer last week after it leaked again. They took it for the day and said they fixed it??

It's pouring out today. Fingers crossed when I leave work that it's dry.

Sponsored

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford should at least include a free roll of Flex Tape...

OP
OP
LordElberon

LordElberon

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BD has the washout interior, doesnā€™t it? Maybe think of the top more as ā€œwater-resistant.ā€
Originally the dealership tried telling me that Ford design it this way. "It has rubberized buttons and washout floors because it's going to leak" šŸ˜‚

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Swamp Yankee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Land Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Originally the dealership tried telling me that Ford design it this way. "It has rubberized buttons and washout floors because it's going to leak" šŸ˜‚
Hahahaha! See, I thought I was on to something. Unbelievable.
Sponsored