Sponsored

MIC Top color, Ford are you listening?

Do you like the Carbonized Grey MIC top or would you prefer a Black MIC top?

• Total voters

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like the MIC... I like that it is textured and not smooth.. and I really like the fact that my WT became cheaper with it :)
Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Now that we can't get a black painted top until late 2021 and with so many people disappointed in the Carbonized Gray color MIC top. I wanted to show Ford how many want a Black MIC top. It might not be too late for them to change it to black. Ford, you have done a fantastic job on the new Bronco, please don't drop the ball with top colors.
Ford, if you are going to stick us with a gray MIC top please make it this shade of gray!
Ford Bronco MIC Top color, Ford are you listening? 9AF7A384-2651-4898-A479-8EC6A4D87787

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford, if you are going to stick us with a gray MIC top please make it this shade of gray!
Ford Bronco MIC Top color, Ford are you listening? 9AF7A384-2651-4898-A479-8EC6A4D87787
that's the same grey. It's just on an overcast day. You can tell it's the same carbonized grey based off of the difference between the top and the "black" plastic by the window. So no, I do not want that color top pictured.

Sponsored

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We tried to get black soft top for Wildtrak instead of Grey top. Our dealer said not available for this model Maybe we will switch to another model with soft top. Then we will order black hard top next Fall 2021.
This is exactly the issue. How do you market a new vehicle as 'configurable from the factory' and then release what are suppose to be 'performance' trim packages that are so NOT-configurable for interiors and tops colors that the customer has to go start configuring every other trim package to try to get something that is not horrid looking (to the customer)? Who in the world cares if I can order a off-road bumper/winch/bike rack from Ford if I can't even stand looking at the multicolored mess??

Ford, at least go back to your roots; as Henry said, we can order any color we want as long as it is BLACK.

dmpplantz

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where's the white MIC option?
Exactly. The white top is what put all of our hearts aflutter. They didn't show that option because they think people WON'T want it. If you know it's what the people want, then frigging actually sell it! I'm taking a stand and not buying until I get my white top

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like the black/ MIC top. FYI.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly. The white top is what put all of our hearts aflutter. They didn't show that option because they think people WON'T want it. If you know it's what the people want, then frigging actually sell it! I'm taking a stand and not buying until I get my white top
I'm not actually a fan of the white top so not all of us lol. Ford really did want to offer us painted tops. The reality though with this recent information is they're simply just not ready for reasons, at this point, beyond their control. I'm holding out for a painted top. Preferably body color but will take black. If I do end up with a black top I likely will have some paint work done shortly after taking delivery to have it painted body color.

Sponsored

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on what I'm about to say, I promise I don't work for Ford design. Keep in mind I live in Phoenix. I'm getting a Badlands so am locked into black interior (which is fine, I like the durability of black vs light colored interior). I want to avoid black elsewhere. That's why I'm choosing a lighter exterior color and prefer the grey MIC top. I also prefer MIC because there is less risk of minor scratches and damage from taking the top on/off.

It sounds like tops are the source of the delay, so I think there is zero chance Ford is going to make any changes for the '21 MY.

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i don't really want a painted top, but i want the unpainted parts to match. top should match the fender flares, mirrors etc.