Sponsored

MIC Top color, Ford are you listening?

Do you like the Carbonized Grey MIC top or would you prefer a Black MIC top?

• Total voters

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it would be perfect if they match the MIC color with the flares and pillar.
Sponsored

Stompr

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very few people have actually seen that roof. Everyone who’s comment I’ve seen says it looks good. Everyone wants ford to build these things just The way each of us want then. That’s nuts. You want black top, I want white. I think they have listened well, and built us a hell of a vehicle. And all you guys can do is whine about what you don’t get. Sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. Any other product is just released, take it or leave it. I’m pretty disappointed in the direction 6G forums have gone. While irs still a decent source of information. It’s become nothing but a bitch session.

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wonder if you could wrap these roof panels. Any colour you like.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SharpGT500

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very few people have actually seen that roof. Everyone who’s comment I’ve seen says it looks good. Everyone wants ford to build these things just The way each of us want then. That’s nuts. You want black top, I want white. I think they have listened well, and built us a hell of a vehicle. And all you guys can do is whine about what you don’t get. Sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. Any other product is just released, take it or leave it. I’m pretty disappointed in the direction 6G forums have gone. While irs still a decent source of information. It’s become nothing but a bitch session.
I have seen the roof in person and it doesn't look good. Everyone who has seen it, doesn't say they like it. Some might, most don't. Maybe you should see the top in person before judge others. The MIC Carbonized Gray roof issue is because it doesn't match and looks out of place. It's not about making it the only choice. It's about the only choice we have not matching. %85 of the people who took the poll say they don't like it. Yes the forums seem to be complaining a lot but Ford said they are listening. If we weren't complaining, they wouldn't have changed it to get Sasquach with manual. Until everything is finalized, we might be able to influence change.

Plus, It's important to know this info before you order. People may want to wait to order because of it or change color to something they feel works better with the Gray.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

supply chain issue

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Its really simple and no cost added to changing the dye powder from grey to black ..... but it seems like the intention of Ford is to squeeze more money out of the customer.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and match all the trim... flares, grill, handles, mirrors (on models where that applies)
one of the big reasons I'm going BL

Sponsored

frankyfrank

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I voted MIC gray cause I’m sick of hearing people complain about it

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The mechanical engineers at Ford did a bang up job on every single piece in the new Bronco. How did the design team get to design the multicolored horrid interiors and why are all the trim pieces different shades of black and grey now. How do you get this far through to almost production and screw up on colorizing so badly?

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You know the cowl has a giant piece of grey plastic too. Seems grey is Fords choice of plastic. The Raptor has the same issue. Fender flares and bumpers were all grey.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Comment on this plan:

1. Get the soft top saving $1,200 including no headliner.
2. See how MIC turns out, if I like it then plenty will be for sale from owners upgrading in the aftermarket (or from Ford in an exchange).
3. If I don’t like the MIC, buy the Mod through Ford or an aftermarket version.
4. Maybe I’ll end up happy with the soft top and a bikini top. I’d appreciate comments here. I’d rather not get a top on my $51k badlands that makes it look cheap and lacks functionality only to rush out and buy a soft top anyway.

I see plenty of jeeps driving year round in North Carolina with their soft tops.

Last edited: