Sponsored

MIC Top color, Ford are you listening?

Do you like the Carbonized Grey MIC top or would you prefer a Black MIC top?

• Total voters

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wrangler guys are probably laughing at us now on there Forums . With all the Broncos delays smh . The saying goes if you come for the king you better not miss,unfortunately Ford is missing big time with launch so far ?
With Wranglers past, I think they would be among the last to laugh...
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think Fords designers (and all designers) are suffering from groupthink. Not everything in this world need to be gray! Gray is the color of boredom and depression ...

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Now that we can't get a black painted top until late 2021 and with so many people disappointed in the Carbonized Gray color MIC top. I wanted to show Ford how many want a Black MIC top. It might not be too late for them to change it to black. Ford, you have done a fantastic job on the new Bronco, please don't drop the ball with top colors.
All you guys should just take the late my21 time and you will get it.

rand442002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t mind the MIC Gray, especially when the grille is the same MIC gray color. I’d prefer MIC black with a black grille. I didn’t vote because I see use for both actually.
I voted for both but I feel the same. Black would look better (as long as the rest of the trim pieces matched) but I feel I'm definitely in the minority in that I don't think the MIC is that bad.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have seen the roof in person and it doesn't look good. Everyone who has seen it, doesn't say they like it. Some might, most don't. Maybe you should see the top in person before judge others. The MIC Carbonized Gray roof issue is because it doesn't match and looks out of place. It's not about making it the only choice. It's about the only choice we have not matching. %85 of the people who took the poll say they don't like it. Yes the forums seem to be complaining a lot but Ford said they are listening. If we weren't complaining, they wouldn't have changed it to get Sasquach with manual. Until everything is finalized, we might be able to influence change.

Plus, It's important to know this info before you order. People may want to wait to order because of it or change color to something they feel works better with the Gray.
Wait a minute!!! Most want black not gray.this is not a small minority. This is the vast majority. Why doesn’t conversation end there ? Nothing is perfect but if so many people want this change why would Ford look in a different direction ? Doesn’t add up

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have y’all seen the posts where some are saying a “silent majority” prefers the grey MIC over black MIC? ???

Polls like this destroy that nonsense

Willow

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wish you could get just soft top on Wildtrak because of it being Gray and then order black top later. Or if we were able to get the black grill on the Badlands and keep soft top. I just don't think one/two things Gray looks good with all other trim being black. If we wanted complete carbonized gray trim you can't even get that.
We tried to get black soft top for Wildtrak instead of Grey top. Our dealer said not available for this model Maybe we will switch to another model with soft top. Then we will order black hard top next Fall 2021.

Willow

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If anyone go ahead with grey hard top, will u consOder to have it sprayed black from Linex. I chose WT and I contacted Linex. He said around $600 to get it done. Struggle between WT and Badlands due the top issue
Any suggestion?

williamoneal

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F250 - Probably won't make it till the Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wish you could get just soft top on Wildtrak because of it being Gray and then order black top later. Or if we were able to get the black grill on the Badlands and keep soft top. I just don't think one/two things Gray looks good with all other trim being black. If we wanted complete carbonized gray trim you can't even get that.
I would actually be ok with this as a "temporary" resolution to the Top delimna if Ford would simply guarantee a Black painted top at a specifice price on a specific date. I could live with the Black Soft top as my only option in the short run, and even potentially the delayed availability of a Dual top under these conditions.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put me in the "I would prefer a black top but the MIC is acceptable" category.

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
MIC looks ok to me on A51, AMB, CG. Would much prefer body colored like was originally advertised. Honestly don't know what my decision will be.

YEGDriver

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll wait for the MOD top. If that means 22MY, then so be it. I'd prefer it in white but if black or grey is all that's available, well, LineX is an option. If they choose to shoot themselves in the foot and not release the MOD top for whatever reason, again, LineX in white on the MIC will work if necessary.

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based off of all the photos/videos I've seen online, the current MIC color needs to be just a shade darker (maybe 10% darker) to come closer to matching the rest of the unpainted plastic parts. eg., fender flares, mirrors etc. It's off by a little bit and is going to kill my early reservation. I have a late reservation too in hopes it's corrected in the MY22. Plus I want a modular 5 piece top and not the current 4 piece.
I like the look of the unpainted Jeep tops, and their fenders match the top. It really wrecks the look for me having 3 (possibly 4) different shades of "black" on the Bronco.

oneshot

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Based off of all the photos/videos I've seen online, the current MIC color needs to be just a shade darker (maybe 10% darker) to come closer to matching the rest of the unpainted plastic parts. eg., fender flares, mirrors etc. It's off by a little bit and is going to kill my early reservation. I have a late reservation too in hopes it's corrected in the MY22. Plus I want a modular 5 piece top and not the current 4 piece.
I like the look of the unpainted Jeep tops, and their fenders match the top. It really wrecks the look for me having 3 (possibly 4) different shades of "black" on the Bronco.
Dark Gray I Agree , Black Hell No
Sponsored