Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
MIC top looks good except for the back horizontal edge of the roof portion of the top. It's just the back as the sides of the roof portion appear to have the edge painted. The photo is of the worse 6 inches +/-. ( its above the back wiper as the flat roof rolls down )

Removed the front panels today ( 2 Door )-Few comments:

Surprised by the weight. Quarter turns were tight.
With the Roof Rack in place you have to work at the latches as you can't just unlatch and lift out. It's a hook and loop catch. So fully unlatch-lift the panel to clear the loop-close the latch- then lift out.

The panel rubber seals look good.
The headliner is cleanly done.
There is an open mesh filler seal in the back by the door jam. It attached to the "roll bar ".The only way I can descibe it is that it is like those mesh bath sponges. Looked fragile- almost temporary.

On the panel bag storage-
They look durable.
The bag only zips at the top and it a hassle for one person to 'slide" the panels in.
No doubt you will bend and twisting the seals.
A better design would be for a full zipper to allow you to lay them down and zip.

Ford Bronco MIC Top -Day 2 comments & pics MIC.JPG

Ford Bronco MIC Top -Day 2 comments & pics FB.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MIC top looks good except for the back horizontal edge of the roof portion of the top. It's just the back as the sides of the roof portion appear to have the edge painted. The photo is of the worse 6 inches +/-.

Removed the front panels today ( 2 Door )-Few comments:

Surprised by the weight. Quarter turns were tight.
With the Roof Rack in place you have to work at the latches as you can't just unlatch and lift out. It's a hook and loop catch. So fully unlatch-lift the panel to clear the loop-close the latch- then lift out.

The panel rubber seals look good.
The headliner is cleanly done.
There is an open mesh filler seal in the back by the door jam. It attached to the "roll bar ".The only way I can descibe it is that it is like those mesh bath sponges. Looked fragile- almost temporary.

On the panel bag storage-
They look durable.
The bag only zips at the top and it a hassle for one person to 'slide" the panels in.
No doubt you will bend and twisting the seals.
A better design would be for a full zipper to allow you to lay them down and zip.

I’d make a note with your dealer about the top that is not acceptable for as much as these things cost. I don’t think webasto can make a decent top to be honest . Seems like when they taking the tops out of the mold there getting damaged

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow….thanks for sharing.

I must admit that does not look like a finished product. Open edges like that will most certainly amplify the opportunity for long term problems.

Have you pushed back on your dealer or Ford directly to start a claim?

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Above the back wiper.
Did you make a warranty claim? Looks like it'll be functionally fine for now, bit definitely should be fixed - which almost certainly means replacing the top.

OP
OP
Boxer4

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow….thanks for sharing.

I must admit that does not look like a finished product. Open edges like that will most certainly amplify the opportunity for long term problems.

Have you pushed back on your dealer or Ford directly to start a claim?
Not yet- just picked it up Friday. To be honest didn't notice at delivery. There is probably 15' of that edge and most of it looks good. Just didn't pick it up in the sunlight. Not worried.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s my take on the “rough edges” too. Mine is even more minor and not something I will be anxious about. If it deteriorates or anything else comes up too wise, I will make a bigger stink.

Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As your not the only person with roof quality issues, the MIC is still a huge problem.
Sponsored