First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For all of you that have looked at the mic top. Did you look at the edges?

Yesterday I got to see 2 different Broncos in person and they both had unsealed edges. You could see the laminate layers. I wonder what will happen as you expose mud, sand, and water to those layers? I see that as a failure waiting to happen.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did not notice it on the 2-door dealer demo I saw a few weeks ago. Maybe I failed to inspect the edges close enough. But yeah other people and threads have pointed it out.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For all of you that have looked at the mic top. Did you look at the edges?

Yesterday I got to see 2 different Broncos in person and they both had unsealed edges. You could see the laminate layers. I wonder what will happen as you expose mud, sand, and water to those layers? I see that as a failure waiting to happen.
There's a few threads, and one big one, about these edges (and other problems).... not everyone is seeing them on their MIC tops, so it's either rare or early builds, or all over the place.

OP
OP
BroncoBC

BroncoBC

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a few threads, and one big one, about these edges (and other problems).... not everyone is seeing them on their MIC tops, so it's either rare or early builds, or all over the place.
One was a mannequin 2 door and the other was a 4 door first Edition that was for a customer. Which I was surprised they let people near it.

OP
OP
BroncoBC

BroncoBC

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did not notice it on the 2-door dealer demo I saw a few weeks ago. Maybe I failed to inspect the edges close enough. But yeah other people and threads have pointed it out.
Well I don’t live on the forum. I just wanted to mention what I seen.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How such a glaring flaw could even be allowed to leave not only the Webasto factory but fucking Ford itself is just mind boggling.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kinda like when you completely forgot to do your homework until 9 minutes prior to class so you just write some nonsensical shit on a piece of paper and hand it in.

You and the teacher both know it’s crap, but you hand it in anyway because that’s all you’ve got. That’s MIC tops right now

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How such a glaring flaw could even be allowed to leave not only the Webasto factory but fucking Ford itself is just mind boggling.
Normally yes, for sure. Unfortunately the quality of work that the Bronco team allows out the door, in all areas of the launch and many areas of actual production has been dismal. I would be willing to bet that you are not at all surprised it continues and expect that it will continue. Challenges (both self-inflicted and outside) have not been met by even the most accepting and forgiving criteria.

At least anecdotally, they cannot hold to the minimum quality control standards even at the reduced pace of current production. I do not feel confident speeding up the line and demanding faster delivery from the suppliers is going to improve that.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's important to note that some composites take time to fully cure, and environmental conditions can have an affect during that time. This may well be why they have units held so they can confirm that current processes are correcting exposed issues.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My own Bronco that i featured in a PDI video had edge finish issues and the drivers side front panel is so soft along the side you can almost put your fingers through it(was all noted to ford on my PDI still waiting to hear back stay pumped!!)

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went to check out a demo WT two door, and the same dealer had a customer four door WT with MIC waiting for delivery. I inspected the top, and there was an edge or two that did not carry through a finished look. The vehicle was Carbonized Grey and looked great with the MIC .
Sponsored