Sponsored

MIC top gasket … melting at 79F? Resolved: Just excessive adhesive.

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is as it relates to the 2022 Bronco MIC 2.0 hardtop.

We had the warmest and sunniest day here yet in upstate NY last week, with 79F and direct sun all afternoon. I went to pull my front two off and was surprised by a melting sticky mess. Some of the rubber gusset on the top started to melt. It happened with both front panels.

Anyone else see this? I would leave my windows cracked to avoid excess heat buildup, except that we get rain way more often than sun here.
Ford Bronco MIC top gasket … melting at 79F? Resolved: Just excessive adhesive. A17D3F03-EE1A-409A-A718-510D90E38F02
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well that sucks but in the picture it looks more like adhesive melting vs. the seal itself. Mine sat in the 90deg heat with top off fully exposed to the sun the entire day over the weekend w/o issue.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Like said it’s definitely the adhesive. I had a mess to cleanup on mine. Got it all over the paint first time I took panels off and that was in November.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is as it relates to the 2022 Bronco MIC 2.0 hardtop.

We had the warmest and sunniest day here yet in upstate NY last week, with 79F and direct sun all afternoon. I went to pull my front two off and was surprised by a melting sticky mess. Some of the rubber gusset on the top started to melt. It happened with both front panels.

Anyone else see this? I would leave my windows cracked to avoid excess heat buildup, except that we get rain way more often than sun here.
Ford Bronco MIC top gasket … melting at 79F? Resolved: Just excessive adhesive. 1652722564458
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this on my end.

OP
OP
Wark

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks e1 for the responses. It eased my mind a little with it being adhesive only and not the actual
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this on my end.
sent.
Sponsored