95Bravo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took my hard top off for the first time and discovered that it came from Ford incorrectly installed. The front bracket was mounted on top of the screw rather than through it. Not a big deal, but I'm wondering if this is true for other owners and whether it is contributing to the popping and creaking noises many owners are experiencing.

Top 1.jpg

Top above.jpg
Sponsored

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a Friday afternoon build... ;)

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took my hard top off for the first time and discovered that it came from Ford incorrectly installed. The front bracket was mounted on top of the screw rather than through it. Not a big deal, but I'm wondering if this is true for other owners and whether it is contributing to the popping and creaking noises many owners are experiencing.

Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) Top above

Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) Top above
Report it to Ford ASAP so they can put out a quality alert at the plant.

Sponsored

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Could help explain the rattling noise the TFL guys mentioned. Let us know if you notice any differences before and after. I'm guessing it doesn't
I don't think it does either, I don't see how it wouldn't have been mentioned in the video they released when they replaced the top.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) 5785AD25-7F01-469D-818A-6B7664DD4290

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I went to check on mine, but need to confirm where this photo came from.
Was is the B pillar or C pillar? 2dr or 4dr? I tried to see on my 4dr with the 2nd top section still on, looking above the C pillar, but I did not find the 3 bolts in your picture.

Thanks
Dan

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think it does either, I don't see how it wouldn't have been mentioned in the video they released when they replaced the top.
Only, they didn’t replace the top, Bestop did and I wouldn’t expect them to notice anything, they would just remove and replace!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) 1629740781590

Whats up with this mess right here?
I had the same question Thomas. It's a wonder the top doesn't leak like a sive. I guess it's just more of Webasto's shitty quality.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Only, they didn’t replace the top, Bestop did and I wouldn’t expect them to notice anything, they would just remove and replace!
they should put the top back on....

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same question Thomas. It's a wonder the top doesn't leak like a sive. I guess it's just more of Webasto's shitty quality.
That is exactly my concern. That looks to be a gasket meant to seal the overlapping edges and it’s got a big ole hole right in it.

Maybe I’m seeing it wrong.