First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That is exactly my concern. That looks to be a gasket meant to seal the overlapping edges and it’s got a big ole hole right in it.

Maybe I’m seeing it wrong.
Looks to be a hole, but as an engineer that works with side closure door sealing, that portion of the seal does not seal anything. the puffier parts to the left and right are the seal "bulbs" and they do the sealing. Drain hole, maybe?
Sponsored

Jroub21

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor ‘17 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Makes me very happy I switched to a soft top, regardless of if it gets me a MY21 or not.

Why pay $695 for a cardboard plastic covered piece of shit?
lol I’d still get a busted hard top over the soft 🤣
To each their own

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@95Bravo @peta8368

I have a 4-door.

When I posted, I was not aware we were talking about a 2-door.

I looked up photos to help jog my memory … the bracket that I thought was in the same place as a 2-door and 4-door, is not. - Well, it is that it is on the b-pillar but I was thinking it was on the c-pillar - on the 4-door.

The front and mid roof panels on the 4 door meet at the bracket on the side bars. There is no black metal bracket where the rear clamshell bolts down on the top.

Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) 1629777754877

Last edited:

RobbyBronco

Base
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m not sure I follow your comment. But the two-door top has a bracket above the B pillar that the screw goes through (when it’s properly installed).
But the instructions say nothing about removing a bolt at that spot when removing the top on a 2-door.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't worry, @Ford Motor Company, will show up to save the day momentarily... Or not... WTF knows with them. I normally would be surprised that passed QC, but with Ford, not only is the interior design colorblind, but the QA team has attention deficit problems that rival the worst untreated ADHD. Well done Ford.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
but with Ford, not only is the interior design colorblind, but the QA team has attention deficit problems that rival the worst untreated ADHD.
In my career with a couple of Fortune 100 companies, I didn't see a lot of proficiency peaks and valleys from one internal group to another. My conclusion re Ford is the 150 team is All-Pro, and everything else is bumbling rookies. I know there is a warranty, but I'm not sure I want to deal with the inevitably long list of problems inherent in Bronco.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
So this still holds-
Since the manual doesn't mention the 2 bolts above the B pillar, and neither of the two 2 door videos I found mentions removing them, are we in agreement that this may be by design (whether good or bad)?

If so, can we change the thread title? so people stop flooding in here, read the OP, and immediately post a "Ford quality is the worst" reply...

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Na, the TFL guys were right there removing the old top turning wrenches with them. But maybe it was missed.
Right and the TFL guys don't have accountant hands? lol

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just went out to my driveway to take a look, but there was no bronco there. WTH

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can't believe all of us dumbassess are fighting and struggling to get a first year Ford. This isn't going to go well.
Seriously. If my current day self never had a July 2020 reservation, and didnt endure this long wait, I would be thinking "what kind of moron still wants a 2021!?". But here I am wishing my assigned VIN still makes the cut.