Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Time to top off this thread. 2 Door MIC 7/2 built date. -
No mounting clip on top. No creaks. No problem

Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) NO CLIP.JPG
Holy smokes, did yours come from the factory like that? Can you please take a look underside the clam shell to see how that bracket would've been attached?

Did someone at Webasto throw a 4 door clamshell bracket on the 2 door clamshell, and that's why that bracket seems out of place on the OP's vehicle?

SO MANY QUESTIONS!! o_Oo_Oo_O

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man I love the UAW
Lmaooooooo

the dude who installed this wrong could have been trashed on heroin and they still won’t get fired :)
True. I'll bet they'll fire him over the vaccine if he doesn't get it. Nothing wrong with our society's priorities. Are we sure these Bronco's are built at MAP? I have a POS new Edge ST that's been in the shop for 45 days now out of my 4 months of ownership. I am starting to wonder if they totaled it and are waiting for the replacement to come in. I am getting ghosted from Ford cust. service and my dealer. I just give up at this point. I keep paying the payment and maybe someday they'll call and tell me it's finished. I really don't know what happened at Ford the last few years, but I feel for all the first time Ford people who are gonna regret this Bronco. It's not a reflection of what Ford used to be. Even just a few short years ago....😥

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did the dealer do the pickup for a MIC replacement? 😂
No, but i could 100% report that i have not experienced any rattling, creaking, or snakeskining effects lol. Also, the drive is great - feels like you're floating on air.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Holy smokes, did yours come from the factory like that? Can you please take a look underside the clam shell to see how that bracket would've been attached?

Did someone at Webasto throw a 4 door clamshell bracket on the 2 door clamshell, and that's why that bracket seems out of place on the OP's vehicle?

SO MANY QUESTIONS!! o_Oo_Oo_O
Yes- it came like that and it matches everything we know from the Owners Manual and various 2-Door videos.
The underside has the headliner. It feels smooth and there is no indication of a previously mounted bracket.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, but i could 100% report that i have not experienced any rattling, creaking, or snakeskining effects lol. Also, the drive is great - feels like you're floating on air.
feels like you're floating on air
Hopefully soon you will know that it really does at times feel like that.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking a doghouse for my pup Sadie...you have to keep up with the Jones ya know...

Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) 1629822444787
Your dog deserves better than a crappy MIC top ;)

OP
OP

95Bravo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Time to top off this thread. 2 Door MIC 7/2 built date. -
No mounting clip on top. No creaks. No problem
Well explain this picture then: it is a bracket that is mounted on the clamshell side of my MIC top and it is shaped to "curve" down to the screw location. ??!! I took that pic from inside, sitting in back seat, looking out toward the bracket that was sitting on top of the screw. Does your top not have this bracket? Mine does. And I'm glad it does -- it connects the front of the clambshell to the body.

I will re-install my top tonight and take more pics. Maybe Ford re-designed the MIC top to add that bracket? Maybe the stinking owners manual is incorrect (wouldn't surprise me -- damn owner's manual is not the height of clarity, and it does not even mention the wireless key pad option).

Top 4.jpg

Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

July 2 build date?!! Yours actually WAS a Friday build! Maybe they left off your bracket and headed out early to happy hour!?!! :ROFLMAO:

June 29 build date for me (that was a Tuesday).
OP is yours a 4 door? That could explain the difference.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
July 2 build date?!! Yours actually WAS a Friday build! Maybe they left off your bracket and headed out early to happy hour!?!! :ROFLMAO:

June 29 build date for me (that was a Tuesday).
My hardtop was built on 6/29, blend date 7/2 (the Friday before a holiday weekend) and no problems with the roof at all. No bracket on my two-door hardtop where you have one. The place where you have a bracket is where the mesh top bolts in, FWIW.

Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) 44F869B0-9D5D-40EA-A880-A28F808DCC0C
Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) 9834F7C8-8FC5-4C84-ABCE-2A53953FDBA2
Ford Bronco MIC top installed incorrectly by factory (front bracket mounted on top screw rather than through it) B067903D-CCCB-4EB7-9749-46139B88B862

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My hardtop was built on 6/29, blend date 7/2 (the Friday before a holiday weekend) and no problems with the roof at all. No bracket on my two-door hardtop where you have one. The place where you have a bracket is where the mesh top bolts in, FWIW.

44F869B0-9D5D-40EA-A880-A28F808DCC0C.jpeg
9834F7C8-8FC5-4C84-ABCE-2A53953FDBA2.jpeg
B067903D-CCCB-4EB7-9749-46139B88B862.jpeg
Clearly, this has suffered from unauthorized waxing. How dare you!!! ;) No problems, look at that snakeskin!

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No problems, look at that snakeskin!
That’s the interior, and it doesn’t bother me, honestly. The hardtop is quiet (no clicking or clacking except when I tried to install the panels with the roof rails and mesh top already in place - you can do it but very difficult and I didn’t get it in just right that time) and it doesn’t leak, so I’m good lol.
Sponsored