Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wondering how the MIC top will hold up vs the modular. I assume the MIC will not get scratched when taking off and on and when putting stuff on the roof top carrier. Also, I read that the MIC is lighter. Has that been verified? I know if I’m taking the top off and storing it in the garage, the kids are gonna bang it up with bikes and stuff. Are there benefits with the MIC???
Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know if I’m taking the top off and storing it in the garage, the kids are gonna bang it up with bikes and stuff.
I'm guessing mine will make a fort out of it! lol

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MIC plastic will still get scratched, but because its not just a surface color like paint is, it will still be the same color when it gets scratched, where if paint gets scratched deep enough, it will show what ever color is under.
MIC is what the fenders are made of, so take that as an example. (just black, not gray)

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncoSJ

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i just read on another thread that the modular is 50% heavier. makes me wonder if Ford is holding off on the modular top while they try to solve the GVWR problem. If you can’t add a roof rack on B&P because of weight, you certainly can’t add a heavier modular roof. maybe they are trying to cut weight before selling the modular.....?

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
The MIC top is very scratch prone. I would much rather have a painted top that can be repaired than a MIC that is going to be scratched forever.

As for overall durability, the painted top has a much thicker outer shell so I'd think it will be more durable long term.
Sounds like more of a reason to Raptor liner it even if you are fine with gray color. I have my spray gun ready :).

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like more of a reason to Raptor liner it even if you are fine with gray color. I have my spray gun ready :).
You know I'm really looking forward to the day when this website is filled with DIY fixes for how the factory did it wrong. But first.....we need the vehicle.
Sponsored