95Bravo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
When removing or re-installing the MIC top, the inside edge is roughly finished and can scratch your roll bar.

To prevent this, I installed a rubber edge finish to the inside MIC top edge. I found some rubberized edge trim on Amazon, but I was too impatient to wait, so I bought some that I found at O'Reilly's. The types found on Amazon would be better bc (1) it is designed with a "barb" to help keep it in place, and (2) you can buy it in different dimensions - the "bottom" of the U channel needs to be 3/16" at the rear of the top.

I measured the MIC top inside edge at the rear (the part that was scratching up my rollbar at the c-pillar) at 3/16". The rest of the edge, however, was only 1/16". The stuff I bought was too narrow at the critical part near the c pillar (you can see in the pics how it is splayed open). BUT it stayed in place. I used a heat gun to warm it up and push it into place.

Here are pics of the product I used and the installed result. For what it is worth, I do NOT believe it will interfere with a proper top-to-body seal when I put the top back on (but I have not yet done that, so I guess I will find out).

And BONUS - it came in 8 ft length, and I only needed about 7'. I had some extra rubber trim left over, and I will use it when I put my doors back on (it is longer than the sections Ford provided).

seal package.jpg

trim end.jpg

seal installed end.jpg

seal installed length.jpg
Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice idea!

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would anyone with a 2DR be willing to provide an interior picture of the hard top with the front panels off? I'm trying to determine how I can rig a lift for the top but I am not sure what clearance there is between the roll bar and the top of the roof. I hope that makes sense.
Sponsored