RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not ok with every product turning disposable, either.
Making a more expensive Bronco might fix some fit and finish issues, but with current electronics and regulations it would still be disposable.
I bet it won't be long before removing or disabling any factory system will be effectively illegal because "safety" and "environment", seeing how more and more of these sub-systems are becoming interconnected.

When I look at my Bronco I think I'll be lucky if at the 8 year mark purchase price + out of warranty repairs - selling price will net me $10k. Add in the cost of a loan an you might as well destroy it out in the desert over some jumps.

If I needed transportation I'd be looking at the least expensive new cars. Everything above $25k is a luxury with worse ROI, so to say.
You expect to come out at least $10k ahead after 8 years??? :ROFLMAO: Dude, if you can manage that, you’re beyond lucky! You have to be kidding. That sounds more like wishful thinking rather than luck! More power to you though! I hope you make it happen!
Sponsored

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have reached out to my dealer and Ford. Ford rejected the warranty claim, the dealership is working with their reps but no update yet. Just wondering if this is isolated or more bronco owners have the same issue but haven't looked careful enough.
I went thru the same thing. Mine is developing those same hairline cracks under the window but they denied me as well. I have a full on crack too but Ford won’t do anything for me. Maybe if this happens to enough people then they will actually do something about it. Till then I will wait to see how many more cracks my roof will develop. Just a waiting game at this point. 🤷‍♀️

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yes, the top is crap.
Not sure what everyone expected from a $30k Ford off-road convertible?
Although, a cracking top in the first 2 years is a bit more than even I'd expected on a disposable, cheap Ford.
It'll be interesting to see how these Broncos fair after 5 years. If they all rattle, have broken tops and broken interior pieces, resale value will not be great.
Factoring inflation, my 1987 fully loaded 4runner cost less than the Bronco sitting next to it. And 35 years later, that hard top seals completely, has no wind noise, and most importantly no cracks. It's not unreasonable to expect when Ford had it figured out through 1996, and somehow FCA can get it done today.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You expect to come out at least $10k ahead after 8 years??? :ROFLMAO: Dude, if you can manage that, you’re beyond lucky! You have to be kidding. That sounds more like wishful thinking rather than luck! More power to you though! I hope you make it happen!
I don't have $10k MIC top to replace. LOL
My Bronco is put together rather well, I got lucky there. No loan, either.

And I said I'd be lucky to net $10k on a $60k Bronco, which means $10k would be over what I expect.
Pretty much the exact opposite of what you're saying I said, "at least" $10k. But then, if you didn't put words into my mouth, you'd have no excuse for making a snarky comment. I understand, some people like to listen, others like to talk.

And I specifically left out running costs. I don't need a personal vehicle, but I understand most do. Comparing to no car, or public transport isn't helpful, that is why I included the example of a $25k new car. Any running car needs breaks, tires, gas, oil, inspections, registration, insurance, etc.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These tops are so bad...now I'm afraid to even remove mine. If the aftermarket didn't want a kidney for theirs it would be a viable option. I fully expect to replace my top before this thing is paid for. Pure junk.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Factoring inflation, my 1987 fully loaded 4runner cost less than the Bronco sitting next to it. And 35 years later, that hard top seals completely, has no wind noise, and most importantly no cracks. It's not unreasonable to expect when Ford had it figured out through 1996, and somehow FCA can get it done today.
I've heard a lot of horror stories of Ford ownership, I expected about what I got. Seems like the F150 inspired truck parts that trickled down are pretty good, the rest is Ford crap.

You can't only factor inflation between the price of an '87 and a '21/'22. New cars have a lot of expensive sub systems an '87 doesn't have. Some due to regulations, others to customer expectations for luxury features.

I agree it's not unreasonable to expect Ford to be able to create a hard top that isn't defective, but reality is proving they cannot.
Leaks and wind noise on a cheap convertible? The occurrence of those issue that pop up here on the forum are about what I expected, and that will get worse in the next couple years with age.

No, I didn't foresee the only hard top wouldn't be able to stand up to a couple years of commuting on paved roads without cracking. I think it's absurd and sucks for everyone who got one. I'm not surprised Ford is starting to deny warranty claims. They already had to pay for re-design and replacements. No way are they spending more on sold tops without being forced to do so.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mod tops for everyone.

VailBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Allow me to clarify: My post was in regards to the OP’s—I’m sorry—I just don’t see a warranty claim there. Those lines could pass for morning dew runoff that contained slight dust or dirt, quite honestly.

Now, the subsequent pics of other guys’ issues—those are real and should be covered. I’ve just seen too many of these “hairline crack” posts on the internet that look like some sort of water runoff. You can’t expect any company to cover that.

So again, I’m not saying there aren’t legitimate claims out there—there are—but definitely not all of them.
RELEGATION BATTLE, your post wasn't rude or malicious or anything like that. I actually meant I was envious of your laid back attitude and inadvertently said OP.

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so MIC until it is cracked in several areas and then aftermarket soft top.. perhaps class action on MIC, got it.

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't have $10k MIC top to replace. LOL
My Bronco is put together rather well, I got lucky there. No loan, either.

And I said I'd be lucky to net $10k on a $60k Bronco, which means $10k would be over what I expect.
Pretty much the exact opposite of what you're saying I said, "at least" $10k. But then, if you didn't put words into my mouth, you'd have no excuse for making a snarky comment. I understand, some people like to listen, others like to talk.

And I specifically left out running costs. I don't need a personal vehicle, but I understand most do. Comparing to no car, or public transport isn't helpful, that is why I included the example of a $25k new car. Any running car needs breaks, tires, gas, oil, inspections, registration, insurance, etc.
At least or at most, good luck with that! :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Squatch Parade

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This thread should be linked to by every thread about Ford having to prove it was your fault to deny warranty coverage.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Makes you feel guilty until proven innocent 😇

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine has 1200 miles, had it for exactly 2 months today.
Just checked my top out, which hasn't been removed at all. :(

Ford Bronco UPDATE/ Ford IS Warranting MIC top v2 developing  hairline cracks 73B51F59-EEE2-4B7A-B218-6032DCC968DC
Ford says...

Ford Bronco UPDATE/ Ford IS Warranting MIC top v2 developing  hairline cracks 7f49e2acb05a4beab23e908069e2ca22

So don't worry about it... They warned you about waxing it and this is your fault. Warranty claim denied.