First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Took delivery of my 2021 Wildtrak in November of last year.

She came with MIC 2.0 back and front hardtop sections but a MIC 1.0 middle section.

Dealer is great and noticed it upon arrival.

They just received the 2.0 middle section so I’ll be picking that up this weekend.

I know I’m not the first with mismatched parts but certainly an interesting case here!

354ED8ED-A34E-4B29-AC11-529182190FF6.jpeg

211432FD-6F09-4C99-AD01-D268041C4D1D.jpeg

8A358DD2-A3E7-491E-A442-F29C81035CB0.jpeg

9A5AE1BE-2FF0-45CB-AA4F-D1C6278196C5.jpeg
Sponsored

Wraithracing

Outer Banks
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad your dealership is taking care of you and your issues. I have the same issues with my OBX and the middle panel not matching. It seems to have gotten more noticeable since I picked it up back in November. I also have areas on the back section of the top showing shark skin/texture in addition to the middle panel showing some shark skin/texture too, and my service writer basically ignored my complaints and concerns.

At this point, since I am not sure Ford really has the MIC sorted out, I will probably just wait and see how things go. If the top gets much worse, I will escalate my complaint if I my local dealership will not address it or maybe just take it to one of the other Ford dealers. Unfortunately my next closest dealership is an hour drive away and the next closest after that is 1.5 hours. Best of luck and let us know how things go! (y)

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had the same issue, dealer replaced it under warranty. If you have the sound deadening headliner make sure they order that as well. It’s a different part number.

OP
OP
CA.BRONC

CA.BRONC

Wildtrak
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Had the same issue, dealer replaced it under warranty. If you have the sound deadening headliner make sure they order that as well. It’s a different part number.
great point. They did accidentally order the non sound deadening headliner at first so I had to wait for them to re order the right one!

OP
OP
CA.BRONC

CA.BRONC

Wildtrak
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Glad your dealership is taking care of you and your issues. I have the same issues with my OBX and the middle panel not matching. It seems to have gotten more noticeable since I picked it up back in November. I also have areas on the back section of the top showing shark skin/texture in addition to the middle panel showing some shark skin/texture too, and my service writer basically ignored my complaints and concerns.

At this point, since I am not sure Ford really has the MIC sorted out, I will probably just wait and see how things go. If the top gets much worse, I will escalate my complaint if I my local dealership will not address it or maybe just take it to one of the other Ford dealers. Unfortunately my next closest dealership is an hour drive away and the next closest after that is 1.5 hours. Best of luck and let us know how things go! (y)
playing the waiting game for a bit is not a bad idea. MIC 1.0 hasn’t given me issues outside of cosmetics. No functional problems with it yet

Wraithracing

Outer Banks
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine is the same. Cosmetics only. I will say I cut the heck out of my finger on the edge of the driver side panel last weekend went I was reinstalling it after going up on the Mesa here, but otherwise no issues.
Sponsored