Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not really impressed with the look of the MIC top. What's the main difference between MIC and the painted modular tops! One harder or heavier to take apart? Looking at 2 door.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. Tried search but was pulling up a ton of threads that didn't help.
I want to point out that the presence or absence of removable rear windows on the 2-door modular top, as far as I’m aware, has not been confirmed... despite how convinced some people here are.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to point out that the presence or absence of removable rear windows on the 2-door modular top, as far as I’m aware, has not been confirmed... despite how convinced some people here are.
That does seem to be a disagreement amongst everyone. ??‍♂. I just hope Ford allows you to choose paint color on modular top vs body color. Want AM Blue with white painted top vs MIC.

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They showed them removing the rear windows on the black 2 door in Colorado last month.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*Citation needed.

(If memory serves me, CO is where the Ford rep stated that they *werent* removable)
Don’t really feel like sifting through threads right now. If I am bored later I will look for it but I saw the black 2 doors rear windows pop out. I wasn’t that impressed because it only removed the glass. Looked wonky to me.

if you really want to see it watch the videos from the event. Only1 of them covered the windows

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think at the end of this video they show them.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the rep is super nice and quite knowledgeable. He has driven a number of models and loves the 2.3 with the manual! He said if you like to row your own, get the manual.

He stressed that the interiors are not representative of the production models. Some of the parts don't even work correctly on these two models.

Q/A Time...

The badge is just a flat decal, not embossed. Not certain if that will be final.

Step-in height is ~21". Was not allowed to use the tape measure, but pressed my leg up against the side and then measured my leg. :LOL:

Neither of the roofs have the sound deadener installed. The pics just show the bare roofs.

2-door modular roof will have removable windows! The model outside has an early version that didn't include them.

According to the rep the MIC gray roof is very close in color to the Badlands grill. Definitely lighter than the "black" plastic trim pieces around the doors.

I saw the B&O sub in the Outer Banks, but was not allowed to take a picture of it. It sits on the passenger side rear and does not take up any cargo room.

Regarding the trail cam and winch. Initially the rep said the cam clears the winch, but after I pointed out the angles he took it back and said he will try to confirm it for me before I leave for the day. I told him that I just want a front hitch accessory, so I can put the winch wherever I need. :cool:

I was not allowed to take a video of the 2-door rear seats because they do not work correctly in the pre-production models, which is why we have never seen them folded correctly. The rep confirmed that the bottom flips forward, the headrest flips back, and the seat back folds down flat. Of course, there is still a ~4" step to contend with.

The cargo space in the 4-door is not as deep as I thought, but did not have an opportunity to measure it.

The cargo space in the 2-door looks pretty shallow and I was not allowed to measure it. However, I am sneaky and @Administrator will share what I have after I leave work today.

Prior to today, I was almost definitely going to get the 4-door. After seeing them, I am 100% getting the 2-door! It looks so much better in person than the photos we've seen. Big, badass, and menacing! It looks so good, that I'm even considering foregoing the Squatch option.

If there is anything else, let me know and I will ask.
Here’s another source. I don’t really listen to everything these reps have to say. I take it with a grain of salt and wait for B&P to start getting pissy about options.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*Citation needed.
Don’t really feel like sifting through threads right now. If I am bored later I will look for it but I saw the black 2 doors rear windows pop out. I wasn’t that impressed because it only removed the glass. Looked wonky to me.

if you really want to see it watch the videos from the event. Only1 of them covered the windows
I suspect you’re thinking about this video.
It’s from a previous event that also had the black 2-door, but he demonstrated the removable glass on the red 4-door.
(Min 3:00)

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s another source. I don’t really listen to everything these reps have to say. I take it with a grain of salt and wait for B&P to start getting pissy about options.
Yeah. That’s what my original point to the OP was... there’s conflicting info regarding the removable windows on the 2-door, so don’t get too excited about what people are insisting on the forum before we know for certain.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another benefit of the modular/removeable glass, the rear top will be even lighter to remove. I mentioned to my wife I was considering the non-modular and going dual top. She looked at me funny. #1 she hated the Jeep soft top. Both swapping it and actually using it. I imagine the 4dr soft top will be a bight unsightly folded down, like my LJ. #2 she didn't like how heavy and awkward the LJ top was. She wants the hard top and doors to be easy to take on and off, she did not like any part of the Jeep process (including the crap mirrors with the doors off). Modular roof it is I guess :)

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am one of the folks on here waiting to get the final answer on whether or not the 2 door modular top side windows are removable. That one little detail will be the single most important bit of information that determines which model I choose.

It had better be answered with the B&P because I do not want to walk into my dealer and count on them to know the answer. I already know more about the Bronco than anyone at the dealership and I cannot count on their knowledge.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another benefit of the modular/removeable glass, the rear top will be even lighter to remove. I mentioned to my wife I was considering the non-modular and going dual top. She looked at me funny. #1 she hated the Jeep soft top. Both swapping it and actually using it. I imagine the 4dr soft top will be a bight unsightly folded down, like my LJ. #2 she didn't like how heavy and awkward the LJ top was. She wants the hard top and doors to be easy to take on and off, she did not like any part of the Jeep process (including the crap mirrors with the doors off). Modular roof it is I guess :)
It gets complicated because the modular top is heavier construction in general than the MIC... so you’re going to have to do some math to see which is actually heavier in which configurations.
Sponsored