First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder if this has anything to do with anything?

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...mbly-plant-manager-erik-williams/10067519002/

Michigan Assembly Plant manager who oversees Bronco, Ranger no longer with Ford

Michigan Assembly Plant manager Erik Williams, who has overseen the production of the bestselling Ford Bronco and Ford Ranger mid-size pickup truck, left that role Thursday, the Free Press has learned.

Ford spokesman Said Deep declined to discuss why Williams left.

“We do not comment on individual personnel matters. However, we can confirm he is no longer with the company," Deep told the Free Press on Friday. Ford also hasn’t yet named a replacement for Williams, who has been employed by Ford since 2004.
Sponsored

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

EDIT ADDED: My post was to have compassion for the former employe. Losing a job no matter is tough and WHO knows what people are dealing with. My post also was intended for us to be encouraged. Please do not lump me in with those who want to pick on people. Original post below.

Sorry for Mr. Williams.

Time to roll out bay bay.

Let’s Go!

Last edited:

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Realistically, it's unlikely that 1 man is the lynch pin to all of our Bronco and production issues.

It's way more likely he tried a stint on Undercover Boss, and they put him on the chat line or call line, and he had to answer Bronco order-update calls/chats all day, and he rage-quit.

Sponsored

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The problem isn't at MAP, it's over off of M39 and Michigan Ave.

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Realistically, it's unlikely that 1 man is the lynch pin to all of our Bronco and production issues.

It's way more likely he tried a stint on Undercover Boss, and they put him on the chat line or call line, and he had to answer Bronco order-update calls/chats all day, and he rage-quit.
he was tired of callers saying “I’ve been waiting 800 days, I deserve to know the social security number of the truck driver delivering my bronco now!!!”

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe Ford will take a cue from the U.S. Navy and just say......

"due to a loss of confidence in his ability to command"

or in Ford's perspective, "in his ability to manage"

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would think this can only make matters better.....not worse.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lots of opinions he was canned. Who knows. Maybe he left for a better gig. Might explain why there wasn’t backfill ready to announce.

In my industry, you give two weeks and if you’re leaving for role in the same field(competitor)they walk you out at that moment and pay you the two weeks.

Best of luck to him whatever it is.

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been involved with having to fire a manager who's operations were just plain bad and decisions and daily operations suffered because of their leadership, or lack there of. Nothing close to the scale of a Ford plant, but the purpose and principle are the same. Maybe it's inspections and audit violations, or other reason like capital mismanagement, but, there becomes a time when the man or woman at the top has to be lot go. And, usually (without fanfare) others below them too so you can get a clean and fresh start.

When the right person is brought in immediate changes can occur more quickly and underlings are quicker to respond to those changes then if the same old tired management is in place; many times moral and performance go up overnight too.

Especially, when more than one person are replaced and the new people are really good at leading by example are able to get old people involved in the turn around. People can find a new pride in their work when they see resources invested in them and many times changes like these give a company reasons to invest, otherwise why change if your going to waste money and not examine up close why things needed the change in the first place.

Using data, not assumptions and opinions.

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All you gotta do is keep an eye on his Linkdin, that'll tell you where he's off to next.
Sponsored