Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Frederiek is gone? Holy shit, I need to buy a lottery ticket!

ETA: I thought about my post and wanted to clarify so I don't sound more of a dick than people already think I am. I have nothing against Frederiek personally and have never met the guy. He has been the the FCSD head for the majority of period I believe the parts and service end of Ford has taken a significant downturn. There's nothing I can say that directly puts the blame or responsibility on him but after being in that position and promising action, change and transparency what other conclusion can you draw? It was painfully obvious from several business meetings he had no, and I mean absolutely NO clue, what we were fighting on our end nor seemed to have ideas on how to fix. I get it if leadership had his hands tied but you would think at some point you really aren't in charge and GTFO.

I don't know what upstream challenges he faced, if he was just a victim of circumstances like the rest of us or made decisions that worsened the problems we have now. No ill will is wished but the consensus among most of the dealer body is a change in this leadership position is long overdue. The next person may not fair any better but sunlight is the best disinfectant and for this, I mean transparent, accurate, timely communication.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
... should be the engineers in charge of windshield design, manufacture, and assembly line installation.
Well...when there appear to be multiple issues at times from the production process, you can't fire everyone. But if the guy who is "the buck stops here" person, and that person didn't seem to address the issues, someone is going to get the axe eventually.

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lots of opinions he was canned. Who knows. Maybe he left for a better gig. Might explain why there wasn’t backfill ready to announce.

In my industry, you give two weeks and if you’re leaving for role in the same field(competitor)they walk you out at that moment and pay you the two weeks.

Best of luck to him whatever it is.
Same here. No way are we risking you sabotaging our systems or heisting data or anything like that. IT world struggles.

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

His replacement will be the Chief engineer of the Everglades. I think she’s a hard ass.
And can stand in 3.1" deeper water without drowning. (Everglades snorkel joke)

• Haha
Reactions: abe

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hau Thai-Tang and Frederiek Toney to Retire; Dave Bozeman (Amazon) Joins Ford
  • Hau Thai-Tang, chief industrial platform officer, retiring Oct. 1
  • Frederiek Toney, vice president, global Ford Customer Service Division, retiring Dec. 1
  • Dave Bozeman joining Sept. 1 to lead global FCSD and Enthusiast Vehicles product line in Ford Blue, following senior transportation, logistics, engineering roles at Amazon, Caterpillar, Harley-Davidson
Excerpt:

In a related announcement, Ford said that Dave Bozeman will start with the company Sept. 1 as vice president of the global Ford Customer Service Division and the Enthusiast Vehicles product line in Ford Blue. He was elected a corporate officer by Ford’s board of directors.

As the head of FCSD, Bozeman will play a key role in delivering industry-leading customer-service experiences by further developing trust, loyalty and always-on customer relationships – all of which are central to the Ford+ plan for growth and value creation. He and his team will be responsible for global parts, accessories and vehicle personalization; material planning and logistics for FCSD; and best-in-class customer service experiences.

Bozeman will also head the Ford Blue enthusiast brands in the United States, including Bronco, Mustang and Raptor. With the assignment, Ford Blue now has operational leaders for each of its key vehicle segments: trucks (Andrew Frick), family (Kiersten Robinson) and enthusiast. Bozeman will report to Galhotra.

“We are thrilled to welcome Dave to our Ford leadership team,” Galhotra said. “He has a unique skillset and a track record of success at some of the most respected and iconic companies in the world.”

Bozeman was most recently vice president of Amazon Transportation Services, overseeing all aspects of middle-mile transportation that enabled delivery of customer orders via the fastest and most convenient modes across the company’s global operations. Prior to Amazon, he was a senior vice president and head of the Caterpillar Enterprise System Group, the order-to-delivery organization aligned with Caterpillar’s critical processes and support groups to improve manufacturing and supply chain capabilities worldwide. Earlier, Bozeman held senior leadership positions at Harley-Davidson, the storied American motorcycle manufacturer.

“I felt a sense of mission and a commitment to positive change from everyone I met at Ford,” said Bozeman. “I’m a builder and love to innovate, and the opportunity to be part of transforming this great company and improving people’s lives resonated with me as an exciting exclamation point for my career.”

Bozeman, a Chicago native, earned a bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering Technology/Mechanical Design from Bradley University in Peoria, Ill., and a master’s degree in Engineering Management from the Milwaukee School of Engineering.

Source: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220714005834/en/Ford’s-Thai-Tang-and-Toney-to-Retire-After-Stellar-Careers-Dave-Bozeman-Joins-Ford-to-Lead-FCSD-Enthusiast-Vehicles
Great news, if it wasn't broke, they would not need to fix it.
As the head of FCSD, Bozeman will play a key role in delivering industry-leading customer-service experiences by further developing trust, loyalty and always-on customer relationships – all of which are central to the Ford+ plan for growth and value creation.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We all know that the one plant manager is solely responsible for all of the plant delays.:rolleyes: Everything Bronco will now be smooth sailing and 1-2 week lead times on all builds. Good thing an internet forum is privy to all of his responsibilities.

Nobody even knows for certain he was fired.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nobody even knows for certain he was fired.
Or even IF he was fired.

I've been involved with having to fire a manager who's operations were just plain bad and decisions and daily operations suffered because of their leadership, or lack there of. Nothing close to the scale of a Ford plant, but the purpose and principle are the same. Maybe it's inspections and audit violations, or other reason like capital mismanagement, but, there becomes a time when the man or woman at the top has to be lot go. And, usually (without fanfare) others below them too so you can get a clean and fresh start.

When the right person is brought in immediate changes can occur more quickly and underlings are quicker to respond to those changes then if the same old tired management is in place; many times moral and performance go up overnight too.

Especially, when more than one person are replaced and the new people are really good at leading by example are able to get old people involved in the turn around. People can find a new pride in their work when they see resources invested in them and many times changes like these give a company reasons to invest, otherwise why change if your going to waste money and not examine up close why things needed the change in the first place.

Using data, not assumptions and opinions.
Yeah I definitely agree with this, sounds like we've been in similar situations. Although we don't know why he left, which is key. If he was well liked and was doing everything he could to support his staff, then it could hurt morale.

It all depends on the situation which the vast majority of us know nothing about. I would assume the past 2 years have been mega-stressful for someone in his position. For all we know, he could have been trying to implement changes to make the situation better, but he wasn't getting support he needed from his management at Ford. Eventually got burned out and left. Or it could be that he just simply found a better opportunity elsewhere. Most of the major automakers have announced they are revamping or building new EV production facilities, so a very real possibility that they would want someone experienced to run these facilities.

All speculation at this point. Since Ford did not announce a successor, and since left during the summer shutdown well after the Bronco production started, but before 2023 Ranger production started.... I personally am more inclined to think that he left Ford, rather than Ford pushing him out. But just a guess.

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cmon FORD, make me proud you are in Michigan.

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't worry, Ford will act fast and have his replacement within a year... Or two... Or "Manager" year '23.

Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You don’t think the plant manager has any blame on this fiasco? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
You want to blame the guy running the plant for; a bad rollout, lies, woefully ignorant communication mixed with miscommunication, arrogance, part shortages and bad top design? Don’t think he’s the problem.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
You all are looking from your perspective. From the manufacturing leader's perspective, this may look like a success, orchestrating significant supply line issues to get out as much product as he has. Some manufacturers are struggling more than Ford by a long shot.
It might have been that he got a better offer from somewhere else that wants a similar turnaround.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hau Thai-Tang and Frederiek Toney to Retire; Dave Bozeman (Amazon) Joins Ford
  • Hau Thai-Tang, chief industrial platform officer, retiring Oct. 1
  • Frederiek Toney, vice president, global Ford Customer Service Division, retiring Dec. 1
  • Dave Bozeman joining Sept. 1 to lead global FCSD and Enthusiast Vehicles product line in Ford Blue, following senior transportation, logistics, engineering roles at Amazon, Caterpillar, Harley-Davidson
Excerpt:

In a related announcement, Ford said that Dave Bozeman will start with the company Sept. 1 as vice president of the global Ford Customer Service Division and the Enthusiast Vehicles product line in Ford Blue. He was elected a corporate officer by Ford’s board of directors.

As the head of FCSD, Bozeman will play a key role in delivering industry-leading customer-service experiences by further developing trust, loyalty and always-on customer relationships – all of which are central to the Ford+ plan for growth and value creation. He and his team will be responsible for global parts, accessories and vehicle personalization; material planning and logistics for FCSD; and best-in-class customer service experiences.

Bozeman will also head the Ford Blue enthusiast brands in the United States, including Bronco, Mustang and Raptor. With the assignment, Ford Blue now has operational leaders for each of its key vehicle segments: trucks (Andrew Frick), family (Kiersten Robinson) and enthusiast. Bozeman will report to Galhotra.

“We are thrilled to welcome Dave to our Ford leadership team,” Galhotra said. “He has a unique skillset and a track record of success at some of the most respected and iconic companies in the world.”

Bozeman was most recently vice president of Amazon Transportation Services, overseeing all aspects of middle-mile transportation that enabled delivery of customer orders via the fastest and most convenient modes across the company’s global operations. Prior to Amazon, he was a senior vice president and head of the Caterpillar Enterprise System Group, the order-to-delivery organization aligned with Caterpillar’s critical processes and support groups to improve manufacturing and supply chain capabilities worldwide. Earlier, Bozeman held senior leadership positions at Harley-Davidson, the storied American motorcycle manufacturer.

“I felt a sense of mission and a commitment to positive change from everyone I met at Ford,” said Bozeman. “I’m a builder and love to innovate, and the opportunity to be part of transforming this great company and improving people’s lives resonated with me as an exciting exclamation point for my career.”

Bozeman, a Chicago native, earned a bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering Technology/Mechanical Design from Bradley University in Peoria, Ill., and a master’s degree in Engineering Management from the Milwaukee School of Engineering.

Source: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220714005834/en/Ford’s-Thai-Tang-and-Toney-to-Retire-After-Stellar-Careers-Dave-Bozeman-Joins-Ford-to-Lead-FCSD-Enthusiast-Vehicles
Levine better have his resume updated…. 🫰🫰🫰🫰
Sponsored