Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, these kinds of personnel moves rarely happen in a vacuum, so let’s step back and examine the recent timeline of events, starting with the recent corporate reorganization announced in early March.

Timeline of Events
  • Jim Farley (CEO) announces corporate reorganization into three separate automotive business units (Detroit Free Press, 3/2/22)
    • Ford Model e (electric vehicles), led by Farley
    • Ford Blue (internal combustion engines), led by Kumar Galhotra, formerly President of Ford Americas & International Markets Group.
      • ”The rest of [Galhotra’s] team will be revealed soon,“ a Ford spokesperson told the Free Press.
    • Ford Pro (commercial), led by Ted Cannis.
    • Ford's new structure is effective immediately, though it will take time to fully evolve, as "two distinct but strategically interdependent auto businesses."
    • Meanwhile, the Ford Blue team "will be hellbent on delivering leading quality, attacking waste in every corner of the business, maximizing cash flow and optimizing our industrial footprint," Farley said in the release.
    • Ford Blue will strengthen the F-Series, Ranger and Maverick trucks, Bronco and Explorer SUVs and Mustang with investment in new models. Ford also plans to invest in brand new ICE vehicles, such as the truck fleet, but Farley declined to go into detail now.
  • Ford Announces Hiring of Dave Bozeman, formerly of Amazon, Caterpillar, & Harley Davidson (Business Wire, 7/14/22)
    • Bozeman will start with the company 9/1/22 as VP of the global Ford Customer Service Division and the Enthusiast Vehicles product line in Ford Blue.
    • He was also elected a corporate officer by Ford’s board of directors.
    • “As the head of FCSD, Bozeman will play a key role in delivering industry-leading customer-service experiences by further developing trust, loyalty and always-on customer relationships – all of which are central to the Ford+ plan for growth and value creation. He and his team will be responsible for global parts, accessories and vehicle personalization; material planning and logistics for FCSD; and best-in-class customer service experiences.”
    • “Bozeman will also head the Ford Blue enthusiast brands in the United States, including Bronco, Mustang and Raptor. With the assignment, Ford Blue now has operational leaders for each of its key vehicle segments: trucks (Andrew Frick), family (Kiersten Robinson) and enthusiast. Bozeman will report to Galhotra.”
    • “We are thrilled to welcome Dave to our Ford leadership team,” Galhotra said. “He has a unique skillset and a track record of success at some of the most respected and iconic companies in the world.”
    • Bozeman was most recently vice president of Amazon Transportation Services, overseeing all aspects of middle-mile transportation that enabled delivery of customer orders via the fastest and most convenient modes across the company’s global operations. Prior to Amazon, he was a senior vice president and head of the Caterpillar Enterprise System Group, the order-to-delivery organization aligned with Caterpillar’s critical processes and support groups to improve manufacturing and supply chain capabilities worldwide. Earlier, Bozeman held senior leadership positions at Harley-Davidson, the storied American motorcycle manufacturer.
  • Departure of MAP Plant Manager, Erik Williams (Detroit Free Press, 7/15/22)
    • “Michigan Assembly Plant manager Erik Williams, who has overseen the production of the bestselling Ford Bronco and Ford Ranger mid-size pickup truck, left that role Thursday [7/14/22], the Free Press has learned.”
    • Ford spokesman Said Deep declined to discuss why Williams left.
    • “We do not comment on individual personnel matters. However, we can confirm he is no longer with the company," Deep told the Free Press on Friday. Ford also hasn’t yet named a replacement for Williams, who has been employed by Ford since 2004.
Coinkydink? I think not.

I suspect that Williams’ departure, whether voluntary (i.e., to pursue a new &/or better opportunity) or involuntary (i.e., pushed out or terminated), is directly related to the corporate reorganization and Galhotra’s new management team and organization within Ford Blue.

Do I know this for certain?
  • Absolutely not.
Is this a plausible explanation?
  • Yes, not only plausible, but likely.
Sponsored

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, these kinds of personnel moves rarely happen in a vacuum, so let’s step back and examine the recent timeline of events, starting with the recent corporate reorganization announced in early March.

Timeline of Events
  • Jim Farley (CEO) announces corporate reorganization into three separate automotive business units (Detroit Free Press, 3/2/22)
    • Ford Model e (electric vehicles), led by Farley
    • Ford Blue (internal combustion engines), led by Kumar Galhotra, formerly President of Ford Americas & International Markets Group.
      • ”The rest of [Galhotra’s] team will be revealed soon,“ a Ford spokesperson told the Free Press.
    • Ford Pro (commercial), led by Ted Cannis.
    • Ford's new structure is effective immediately, though it will take time to fully evolve, as "two distinct but strategically interdependent auto businesses."
    • Meanwhile, the Ford Blue team "will be hellbent on delivering leading quality, attacking waste in every corner of the business, maximizing cash flow and optimizing our industrial footprint," Farley said in the release.
    • Ford Blue will strengthen the F-Series, Ranger and Maverick trucks, Bronco and Explorer SUVs and Mustang with investment in new models. Ford also plans to invest in brand new ICE vehicles, such as the truck fleet, but Farley declined to go into detail now.
  • Ford Announces Hiring of Dave Bozeman, formerly of Amazon, Caterpillar, & Harley Davidson (Business Wire, 7/14/22)
    • Bozeman will start with the company 9/1/22 as VP of the global Ford Customer Service Division and the Enthusiast Vehicles product line in Ford Blue.
    • He was also elected a corporate officer by Ford’s board of directors.
    • “As the head of FCSD, Bozeman will play a key role in delivering industry-leading customer-service experiences by further developing trust, loyalty and always-on customer relationships – all of which are central to the Ford+ plan for growth and value creation. He and his team will be responsible for global parts, accessories and vehicle personalization; material planning and logistics for FCSD; and best-in-class customer service experiences.”
    • “Bozeman will also head the Ford Blue enthusiast brands in the United States, including Bronco, Mustang and Raptor. With the assignment, Ford Blue now has operational leaders for each of its key vehicle segments: trucks (Andrew Frick), family (Kiersten Robinson) and enthusiast. Bozeman will report to Galhotra.”
    • “We are thrilled to welcome Dave to our Ford leadership team,” Galhotra said. “He has a unique skillset and a track record of success at some of the most respected and iconic companies in the world.”
    • Bozeman was most recently vice president of Amazon Transportation Services, overseeing all aspects of middle-mile transportation that enabled delivery of customer orders via the fastest and most convenient modes across the company’s global operations. Prior to Amazon, he was a senior vice president and head of the Caterpillar Enterprise System Group, the order-to-delivery organization aligned with Caterpillar’s critical processes and support groups to improve manufacturing and supply chain capabilities worldwide. Earlier, Bozeman held senior leadership positions at Harley-Davidson, the storied American motorcycle manufacturer.
  • Departure of MAP Plant Manager, Erik Williams (Detroit Free Press, 7/15/22)
    • “Michigan Assembly Plant manager Erik Williams, who has overseen the production of the bestselling Ford Bronco and Ford Ranger mid-size pickup truck, left that role Thursday [7/14/22], the Free Press has learned.”
    • Ford spokesman Said Deep declined to discuss why Williams left.
    • “We do not comment on individual personnel matters. However, we can confirm he is no longer with the company," Deep told the Free Press on Friday. Ford also hasn’t yet named a replacement for Williams, who has been employed by Ford since 2004.
Coinkydink? I think not.

I suspect that Williams’ departure, whether voluntary (i.e., to pursue a new &/or better opportunity) or involuntary (i.e., pushed out or terminated), is directly related to the corporate reorganization and Galhotra’s new management team and organization within Ford Blue.

Do I know this for certain?
  • Absolutely not.
Is this a plausible explanation?
  • Yes, not only plausible, but likely.
Agreed. More changes to come and I bet fairly quickly after Bozeman arrives. Ford has so badly managed the enthusiast segment that this change is very much good news and needed. As I stated elsewhere here… Levine and others better have their resumes current.

Last edited:

Overboost

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It takes an entire team of qualified, hard-working people to keep one of those Vehicle Operations plants running in normal times. Throw a pandemic and all the global supply chain challenges over the last couple of years in the mix and you have a recipe for the most stressful job you could ever imagine.

I worked for ten years in a Ford manufacturing plant, it was the most stressful environment imaginable. Plant manager role…couldn’t ever pay me enough.

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It takes an entire team of qualified, hard-working people to keep one of those Vehicle Operations plants running in normal times. Throw a pandemic and all the global supply chain challenges over the last couple of years in the mix and you have a recipe for the most stressful job you could ever imagine.

I worked for ten years in a Ford manufacturing plant, it was the most stressful environment imaginable. Plant manager role…couldn’t ever pay me enough.
While i don't disagree with you on the high stress level, empty car lots can be delt with. Empty shelves at the grocery store can't happen. Food manufacturing was not fun and we still struggle with getting raw/packaging materials. Altho, the medical field outweighed everyone imo.
The work environment has changed and may never go back to normal chaos.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe the guy simply one the lottery.

Sponsored

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For all the keyboard warriors on this forum who hate FoMoCo - but somehow remain Bronco order holders - I’m surprised nobody thought of this obvious explanation: Dude was pressured repeatedly to alter production and quality control to get units built quickly, finally got fed up, and quit because he couldn’t live with the thought of shipping broncos with all the defects you jokers rant about on here daily.

Sorry. Not sorry.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You want to blame the guy running the plant for; a bad rollout, lies, woefully ignorant communication mixed with miscommunication, arrogance, part shortages and bad top design? Don’t think he’s the problem.
Correct, but hit and miss quality escapes were his responsibility.

Some bigwigs wife probably got a Bronco with mismatched seats, an unpainted tailgate and panel alignment issues and that was the straw that broke the camels back.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We all know that the one plant manager is solely responsible for all of the plant delays.:rolleyes: Everything Bronco will now be smooth sailing and 1-2 week lead times on all builds. Good thing an internet forum is privy to all of his responsibilities.

Nobody even knows for certain he was fired.
Amazing all the "assumptions" that the man was fired and many cheering it on. You don't know squat. Maybe he took another job, people do that all the time. Maybe he wanted to make a career change, people do that. Maybe he or a family member had a health issue, happens. I walk into the Dr's office 34 years ago and came out with a cancer diagnosis, changed my life and employment forever. Quit railing on the man and making false assumptions because you don't know.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Correct, but hit and miss quality escapes were his responsibility.

Some bigwigs wife probably got a Bronco with mismatched seats, an unpainted tailgate and panel alignment issues and that was the straw that broke the camels back.
Ah those seats were hilarious.

Sponsored

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For all the keyboard warriors on this forum who hate FoMoCo - but somehow remain Bronco order holders - I’m surprised nobody thought of this obvious explanation: Dude was pressured repeatedly to alter production and quality control to get units built quickly, finally got fed up, and quit because he couldn’t live with the thought of shipping broncos with all the defects you jokers rant about on here daily.

Sorry. Not sorry.
So your plan is to insult every possible person on this forum, and then deliver some assinine reasoning: the Plant Mgr rage quit.

LoL

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone contact him and get to the bottom of the valve explosions

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lee Iacocca, after being the man behind the Mustang and '59 for $59, the modern captive auto finance was fired from Ford for no reason but then saved ChryCo from oblivion even though it is now part of Stellantis.

However Iacocca and Lutz never screwed up production to get themselves pink slipped.

And truthfully look around, do you see even half the first year Mustang production yet from MAP for Broncos? 121,000 in short year 64 and over 500,000 m.y.65

If 6g Bronco production for its cycle ever hits a half million I will be surprised and impressed at the whip-cracking butt-kicking the new head of production is able to squeeze out of the supply chain and white collars (Certainly all the union employees making up to 6 figures are working their tails off with not even a smoke break)

2021 Broncos built just over 43,000 a drop on the bucket, supposedly around 15k per month of 22's but it is also a short year not having started until mid December when model year turnover usually happens when school starts

Meanwhile Jeep sells a 7 year average of over 200k units annually with similar monthly production

Where are all the Broncos? By my count, 6 months at 15k plus 2021 there ought to be 130,000 of us out here or there
I see then almost every day now. They are out there.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs